Man in Adam was made in the Image of God, Christ !

beloved57

And God said amongst the Godhead Unity Gen 1:26-27

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Now notice, in Creating Man in Gods Likeness and Image, God Created Man both male and female, because that was a picture of Christ and the Church, Christ the God Man Mediator and Surety, and His Church, those who God who had Chosen in Him before the foundation Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

You see Christ is Image of God 2 Cor 4:4
4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

So Adam was Created in the beginning in the Image of God to reflect his election in Christ, who is the Image of God, also see Col 1:15

15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
The who here is Christ, the Son of God !

daqq

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Now notice, in Creating Man in Gods Likeness and Image, God Created Man both male and female, because that was a picture of Christ and the Church, Christ the God Man Mediator and Surety, and His Church, those who God who had Chosen in Him before the foundation Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

You see Christ is Image of God 2 Cor 4:4
4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

So Adam was Created in the beginning in the Image of God to reflect his election in Christ, who is the Image of God, also see Col 1:15

15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
The who here is Christ, the Son of God !

The first anthropos Adam is formed, (like clay is formed), of dust from the adamah-soil, and is choikos, that is "earthy" or "dust-like", and his manner of creation is found in Genesis 2:7. The second anthropos is from the heavens and his manner of creation is found in Genesis 1:26-27, (1Cor 15:39-48 ASV).

beloved57

The first anthropos Adam is formed, (like clay is formed), of dust from the adamah-soil, and is choikos, that is "earthy" or "dust-like", and his manner of creation is found in Genesis 2:7. The second anthropos is from the heavens and his manner of creation is found in Genesis 1:26-27, (1Cor 15:39-48 ASV).
That I can't deny, but neither can it be denied that the first Adam was created in the image of God. Do you believe that?

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

daqq

That I can't deny, but neither can it be denied that the first Adam was created in the image of God. Do you believe that?

All the Prophets and the Torah prophesied until Yohanan, (Matthew 11:13). The first man-Adam is found in Gen 2:7 according to Paul. Does it say anywhere that he was made in the image of Elohim in Gen 2:7 or the surrounding context? Does it say that all things were put into subjection under his feet as it implies of the second Man in Gen 1:26-27? Were the fowls of the air, the beasts of the earth, and the fish of the sea, put into subjection under the first Adam of Gen 2:7? We see that the first man Adam, Gen 2:7, later in the same passage named the beasts of the field, (not the same as the land or earth by the way), and also gave names to the fowls of the heavens; but we do not see him having the mastery or dominion over them as clearly shown by what follows commencing with Gen 3:1. If you will have that mastery it will require the Testimony of Messiah such as found in the Parable of the Sower, (for the fowls of the air are the wicked one, the devil, and the Satan, for example). :)

beloved57

Now since Adam, and Man in Him was made in the image of God,

See James also James 3:9 and because God is immutable, Man in Adam was predestinated to be conformed to the Image of Gods Rom 8:29-30

29For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

So its them God foreknew whom was Created originally in Adam at the beginning, who was made after the Image of God, which is Christ, and so that's also who fell in Adam, whom Christ shall recover, His Fallen Bride !

Last edited:

beloved57

All the Prophets and the Torah prophesied until Yohanan, (Matthew 11:13). The first man-Adam is found in Gen 2:7 according to Paul. Does it say anywhere that he was made in the image of Elohim in Gen 2:7 or the surrounding context? Does it say that all things were put into subjection under his feet as it implies of the second Man in Gen 1:26-27? Were the fowls of the air, the beasts of the earth, and the fish of the sea, put into subjection under the first Adam of Gen 2:7? We see that the first man Adam, Gen 2:7, later in the same passage named the beasts of the field, (not the same as the land or earth by the way), and also gave names to the fowls of the heavens; but we do not see him having the mastery or dominion over them as clearly shown by what follows commencing with Gen 3:1. If you will have that mastery it will require the Testimony of Messiah such as found in the Parable of the Sower, (for the fowls of the air are the wicked one, the devil, and the Satan, for example). :)

Just answer the question. According to Gen 1:26-27 was Adam Created in the Image of God ?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
And God said amongst the Godhead Unity

:nono:....

Epistle of Barnabas

CHAPTER 5

The reason for the Passion of Christ

1 For it was for this reason that the Lord endured to deliver up his flesh to corruption, that we should be sanctified by the remission of sin, that is, by his sprinkled blood.

2 For the scripture concerning him relates partly to Israel, partly to us, and it speaks thus: "He was wounded for our transgressions and bruised for our iniquities, by his stripes we were healed. He was brought as a sheep to the slaughter, and as a lamb dumb before its shearer."

3 Therefore we ought to give great thanks to the Lord that he has given us knowledge of the past, and wisdom for the present, and that we are not without understanding for the future.

4 And the Scripture says, "Not unjustly are the nets spread out for the birds." This means that a man deserves to perish who has a knowledge of the way of righteousness, but turns aside into the way of darkness.

5 Moreover, my brethren, if the Lord endured to suffer for our life, though he is the Lord of all the world, to whom God said before the foundation of the world, "Let us make man in our image and likeness," how, then, did he endure to suffer at the hand of man?

6 Learn: -- The Prophets who received grace from him prophesied of him, and he, in order that he "might destroy death," and show forth the Resurrection from the dead, because he needs must be made "manifest in the flesh," endured

7 in order to fulfil the promise made to the fathers, and himself prepare for himself the new people and show while he was on earth that he himself will raise the dead and judge the risen.

8 Furthermore, while teaching Israel and doing such great signs and wonders he preached to them and loved them greatly;

9 but when he chose out his own Apostles who were to preach his Gospel, he chose those who were iniquitous above all sin to show that "he came not to call the righteous but sinners," -- then he manifested himself as God's Son.

10 For if he had not come in the flesh men could in no way have been saved by beholding him; seeing that they have not the power when they look at the sun to gaze straight at its rays, though it is destined to perish, and is the work of his hands.

11 So then the Son of God came in the flesh for this reason, that he might complete the total of the sins of those who persecuted his prophets to death.

12 For this cause he endured. For God says of the chastisement of his flesh that it is from them: "When they shall smite their shepherd, then the sheep of the flock shall be destroyed."

13 And he was willing to suffer thus, for it was necessary that he should suffer on a tree, for the Prophet says of him, "Spare my soul from the sword" and, "Nail my flesh, for the synagogues of the wicked have risen against me."

14 And again he says: "Lo, I have given my back to scourges, and my cheeks to strokes, and I have set my face as a solid rock."

daqq

Just answer the question. According to Gen 1:26-27 was Adam Created in the Image of God ?

You did not answer any of my questions to you; and too bad, for if you would have answered mine, and paid attention to what was said by way of the scripture, then your question to me would already have been answered, (just not in the way you have imagined it should be). :)

beloved57

You did not answer any of my questions to you; and too bad, for if you would have answered mine, and paid attention to what was said by way of the scripture, then your question to me would already have been answered, (just not in the way you have imagined it should be). :)
I don't have time for your foolishness, either answer the question or get lost!

daqq

Awe, see I was already planning to end my posting in this thread but you went and told me to get lost if I do not answer your question. I did answer your question, and the scripture shows that you have no clue what you are presenting or promoting here; and yet you have now gone and called what I offered foolishness. I presented my arguments with scripture. You are dangerously close to "de-electing" yourself. :chuckle:

daqq

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by beloved57

Awe, see I was already planning to end my posting in this thread but you went and told me to get lost if I do not answer your question. I did answer your question, and the scripture shows that you have no clue what you are presenting or promoting here; and yet you have now gone and called what I offered foolishness. I presented my arguments with scripture. You are dangerously close to "de-electing" yourself. :chuckle:

And I suppose, according to your theories, if you do indeed "de-elect" yourself then it must have been predestined before the foundation of the world. :)

beloved57

You have chosen to get lost

daqq

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by daqq
That I can't deny

You have chosen to get lost

Translation-paraphrase:

"I cannot admit to denying the scripture but I am going to deny it anyways because my dogma is king! Now get lost! For I do not have the time for your foolish scripture quotes! I am predestined unto this my fate!"

Have a nice thread. :)

Nanja

Amen to posts #1 and #5!

It's only the portion of mankind which was originally in Adam, God's Adopted Sons Eph. 1:5, which were predestinated to be conformed to the Image of His Son Rom. 8:29.

TrevorL

Greetings beloved57,

I would like to suggest an additional or different perspective, based upon David’s Psalm 8. David considers the Edenic creation and the events of Genesis 3 and then looks forward to the creation of Jesus the Son of Man, under whose hand God’s purpose in creation will be fulfilled.
1 O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens. 2 Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger. 3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. 6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: 7 All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field; 8 The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas. 9 O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!

Attention is drawn especially to verse 5 where Jesus was to be made lower than the angels, and note the words angels is the word is Elohim, usually translated God. This summary of Genesis 1:26-27 shows that Adam, and in prospect Jesus were made in the image and likeness of Yahweh, God the Father and the angels. They are the "us' of Genesis 1:26-27.

Kind regards
Trevor

beloved57

Greetings beloved57,
I would like to suggest an additional or different perspective, based upon David’s Psalm 8. David considers the Edenic creation and the events of Genesis 3 and then looks forward to the creation of Jesus the Son of Man, under whose hand God’s purpose in creation will be fulfilled.
1 O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens. 2 Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger. 3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. 6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: 7 All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field; 8 The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas. 9 O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!

Attention is drawn especially to verse 5 where Jesus was to be made lower than the angels, and note the words angels is the word is Elohim, usually translated God. This summary of Genesis 1:26-27 shows that Adam, and in prospect Jesus were made in the image and likeness of Yahweh, God the Father and the angels. They are the "us' of Genesis 1:26-27.

Kind regards
Trevor
Do you believe that Adam was created in the image of God Gen 1:26-27? Yes or No

beloved57

The fact that Man originally in Adam was Created in the Image and Likeness of God, that necessitated their New Birth, because its through the working of the Spirit of Lord that Christ's Image is consummated, that changes us into that Image 2 Cor 3:18

18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

This Image we were predestinated to Rom 8:29-30

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

He is the Firstborn of Creation Col 1:15-17

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Note: Adam was Created for Him in the purpose of Redemption Vs 14

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

TrevorL

Greetings again beloved57,
Do you believe that Adam was created in the image of God Gen 1:26-27? Yes or No
Genesis 1:26-27 (KJV): 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Yes, as Genesis 1:27 clearly states. Seeing you like asking questions, perhaps you could answer:
1. Did you agree or disagree with what I stated in my previous post? If not, what do you reject?
2. What does “after our likeness” v26 represent? Is this an exact parallel to "image"?
3. Was Adam created equal with God in all aspects?, (a) Was he capable of dying? By comparison God is immortal. (b) Did he have a knowledge of good and evil? By comparison God, or the angels at least did have such knowledge. (c) Was Adam all-powerful, all-knowing, dwelling in light inapproachable, revealing both the moral and physical glory that God reveals, etc?

Kind regards
Trevor

beloved57

trevor

Yes, as Genesis 1:27 clearly states.

Okay, now we getting somewhere . Are you ready to discuss the points I made regarding that ? Please review to me the points I made with scripture so I can see if you understand what I'm saying !

TrevorL

Greetings again beloved57,
Okay, now we getting somewhere . Are you ready to discuss the points I made regarding that ? Please review to me the points I made with scripture so I can see if you understand what I'm saying !
I am willing to discuss what you have stated step by step if that is what you demand. Looking at the title of the thread, I am not sure what you are saying:
Man in Adam was made in the Image of God, Christ !
I find the title ambiguous. I can agree with the first part as we have agreed that Adam was made in the image of God, and those of Adam’s descendants will also be to some extent in the image of Adam and God. Why do you attach “Christ” here?
This seems to assume a Trinity perspective which I cannot agree with. I believe that the “us” and “our” is the one God, Yahweh the Father, and his angels.
Now notice, in Creating Man in Gods Likeness and Image, God Created Man both male and female, because that was a picture of Christ and the Church, Christ the God Man Mediator and Surety, and His Church, those who God who had Chosen in Him before the foundation Eph 1:4: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
This could well be a pattern, where Adam and Eve represents Christ and his future bride. I would not use Ephesians 1:4 here though, as I do not link Ephesians 1:4 directly with Genesis 1:26-27. Ephesians 1:4 goes back before the creation.
You see Christ is Image of God 2 Cor 4:4: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
Yes I agree, Christ is the image of God.
So Adam was Created in the beginning in the Image of God to reflect his election in Christ, who is the Image of God, also see Col 1:15: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: The who here is Christ, the Son of God !
You lose me when you say that Adam was elected in Christ. Seems to me that you are going around in circles. You seem to be imposing the NT teaching of election back into the Genesis narrative, and to me at least this is very confusing.

Kind regards
Trevor