Things You Are Not Allowed To Do

Daniel1769

A partial list of things one is not permitted to do, or cannot do without government permission.

1. Work
2. Own property
3. Drive a car
4. Sell things
5. Own a business
6. Cross the street
7. Own a dog
8. Take medication
9. Get married
10. Feed the poor
11. Hunt
12. Fish
13. Collect rain water
14. Drink raw milk
15. Not take a vaccine
16. Homeschool your children
17. Build on your own property
18. Not buy health insurance
19. Smoke cigarettes
20. Use certain drugs

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
A partial list of things one is not permitted to do, or cannot do without government permission.

1. Work
2. Own property
3. Drive a car
4. Sell things
5. Own a business
6. Cross the street
7. Own a dog
8. Take medication
9. Get married
10. Feed the poor
11. Hunt
12. Fish
13. Collect rain water
14. Drink raw milk
15. Not take a vaccine
19. Smoke cigarettes
20. Use certain drugs

I'm sure that you put a lot of thought and research into your OP Daniel, but for the sake of argument, I'll question a few of them:

#1, #4, #6 (I can't wait to see your reasoning on this one), #10, and #13.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

1. Work
2. Own property
3. Drive a car
4. Sell things
5. Own a business
6. Cross the street
7. Own a dog
8. Take medication
9. Get married
10. Feed the poor
11. Hunt
12. Fish
13. Collect rain water
14. Drink raw milk
15. Not take a vaccine
19. Smoke cigarettes
20. Use certain drugs
Sounds like a tyrant.

musterion

1. Work
2. Own property
3. Drive a car
4. Sell things
5. Own a business
6. Cross the street
7. Own a dog
8. Take medication
9. Get married
10. Feed the poor
11. Hunt
12. Fish
13. Collect rain water
14. Drink raw milk
15. Not take a vaccine
19. Smoke cigarettes
20. Use certain drugs

Anyone can make such a list.

What do you propose to do about it.

Daniel1769

I'm sure that you put a lot of thought and research into your OP Daniel, but for the sake of argument, I'll question a few of them:

1. Work.
Many professions are subject to licensing by government and other regulations. The income tax is also paying the government because you work. It's pay to play really.

4. Sell things
Google stories about kids' lemonade stands being shut down. Or try selling things without a license, permit, or paying taxes. If you don't have permission, you're getting shut down.

6. Cross the street
Cross the street outside a crosswalk. That's jay walking, and you are subject to a fine. Though rarely enforced in my area, the law still exists that says you cannot cross the street outside of government authorized zones.

Daniel1769

10. Feed the poor.
Google stories of people being prohibited from feeding the poor. Recently one group had their food bleached by government officials.

13. Collect rain water
This is illegal in a number of places.

Daniel1769

Anyone can make such a list.

What do you propose to do about it.

The first step is to learn self ownership. Then simply stop supporting the people who are taking your freedoms away. As long as they know you're going to vote for and support the tyrants they give you, there won't be any change.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
1. Work.
Many professions are subject to licensing by government and other regulations. The income tax is also paying the government because you work. It's pay to play really.

If for some reason I need medical surgery, I'm glad that the doctor needs to be licensed and follow regulations. If I want to pay a guy a few bucks to repair my fence, he need not be licensed nor do I have to pay FICA taxes for him.

4. Sell things
Google stories about kids' lemonade stands being shut down.

Horror stories created by government haters (if they really did occur, it would have fallen under a violation of health codes).

Or try selling things without a license, permit, or paying taxes. If you don't have permission, you're getting shut down.

It's done all the time on a person to person basis. How about selling on Ebay?

6. Cross the street
Cross the street outside a crosswalk. That's jay walking, and you are subject to a fine. Though rarely enforced in my area, the law still exists that says you cannot cross the street outside of government authorized zones.

It depends on what street you're talking about. There is good reason for jaywalking laws, as they help prevent fatalities. That being said: There is a huge difference between me crossing mid block on a main arterial with heavy traffic and me crossing my quiet residential street to get my mail.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

9. Get married

I hope that you return to this thread and we can have an in depth discussion on the institution of marriage and how a righteous government (righteous as seen through the eyes of God) has a compelling interest on regulating marriage.

musterion

The first step is to learn self ownership. Then simply stop supporting the people who are taking your freedoms away. As long as they know you're going to vote for and support the tyrants they give you, there won't be any change.

Not voting won't change anything. Maybe voting won't change anything either. We know voting for the side that wins often changed nothing. But not voting is literally useless if you want change.

What are you left with? Starving the beast? Going Galt? Dropping off the grid? You'll need to be very well heeled and in talk cotton before making a move like that because if they learn you're not "paying your fair share" they're going to come for you. Randy Weaver, Kent Hovind, etc.

So again...practically...what are you going to do that lessens their hold on you, the hold they have on us all?

glassjester

Not voting won't change anything. Maybe voting won't change anything either. We know voting for the side that wins often changed nothing. But not voting is literally useless if you want change.

What are you left with? Starving the beast? Going Galt? Dropping off the grid? You'll need to be very well heeled and in talk cotton before making a move like that because if they learn you're not "paying your fair share" they're going to come for you. Randy Weaver, Kent Hovind, etc.

So again...practically...what are you going to do that lessens their hold on you, the hold they have on us all?

Go on welfare.

Then they pay you, instead of you paying them.

Daniel1769

It's easier to convince someone to give up all of their liberty and 90% of their income than it is to convince them that it might be better to take responsibility for yourself.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Nearly half the food in the country is wasted, and not going to the poor, because it doesn't pass frivolous FDA regulations. So, it's better that people go hungry than to, let's say eat something that was cooked yesterday. But then when things get a tiny bit hard, the first thing people go gestapo on is food stamps.

What a joke :rolleyes:

I remember hearing about a man who was hunting and giving venison to the poor. He was amply shut down because the FDA didn't approve of it.

The government has been made infallible in that one must depend on it in some way.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nearly half the food in the country is wasted, and not going to the poor, because it doesn't pass frivolous FDA regulations. So, it's better that people go hungry than to, let's say eat something that was cooked yesterday. But then when things get a tiny bit hard, the first thing people go gestapo on is food stamps.

What a joke :rolleyes:

I remember hearing about a man who was hunting and giving venison to the poor. He was amply shut down because the FDA didn't approve of it.

The government has been made infallible in that one must depend on it in some way.

Do you think that there should be regulations on the slaughter and processing of meat that is going to be publically sold, and if not, why?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
On mass slaughter houses, sure. They are the one's who produce contaminated meat and use unnatural methods.

So FDA regulations only do good in the slaughter houses that mass produce, but not the smaller ones? Does Bovine spongiform encephalopathy differentiate between large and small slaughterhouses?

glassjester

So FDA regulations only do good in the slaughter houses that mass produce, but not the smaller ones? Does Bovine spongiform encephalopathy differentiate between large and small slaughterhouses?

Yes, kind of.

The more cows in the mix, the more likely that all the meat has become infected.

Daniel1769

Do you think that there should be regulations on the slaughter and processing of meat that is going to be publically sold, and if not, why?

No. Companies have a vested interest in providing quality products, especially when government isn't propping them up. Get government out of the economy, let companies compete. There are problem that arise in a free market, but there are nothing but problems from government.