White Lives Matter

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
What heritage?
Pride in which particular part of 'white' history did you have in mind?
....just askin'......

i'm kinda proud of Otto Frederick Rohwedder

otto_frederick_rohwedder.jpg

and he was white

eider

i'm kinda proud of Otto Frederick Rohwedder

otto_frederick_rohwedder.jpg

and he was white

See? And now you're talkin'!
If Otto had been in my family I would be immensely proud, and with any luck might actually have got my paws on a crumb or two of that inheritance.
Yes Sir.. And furthermore, for evermore, every time I splodge butter and marmalade over my morning toast I'm going to think of him. You see.... when I hack off a piece of bread it just won't go into the friggin' toaster, but Otto saved me this morning, and will tomorrow morning, and for evermore! :)

Now why could other members have told me about him?

:D

ClimateSanity

Wow you have almost four thousand views. :jawdrop:

I am so impressed. That certainly means you are quite the talker. Do you practice in front of a mirror? Perhaps with a video that takes pictures of your expressions as you type and chuckle at your own brilliance? I'll bet you could add that video as a feature of your Gazette. Just imagine the number of views you'd have then.

Even Sod might be tempted to become a faithful follower...... :popcorn:
He has so many views because he is controversial and entertaining. Other than his sycophants, people read to see the reaction he draws in people. He's infuriating and that's always a big draw to the soap opera crowd.

I like to watch a movie where an arrogant slime ball works his magic with people to entertaining ends because it produces drama. This is his stock and trade. Let him make some straightforward debating without the condescension, and his views will drop precipitously. I think he chose the wrong indices to make his point.

Sent from my XT1254 using TheologyOnline mobile app

ClimateSanity

You're simply speaking out of anger. We have all sorts of opinions on this site. Maybe you are only hearing what you want to hear. If we were all fakes and said the same things, then you would be one of a kind. In fact, you aren't. God's UNTruth thinks everyone is against her, too. So does Meshak.

Or, in other words, one who finds fault with anyone who finds fault with them. Oops, that's what you do.

Well, I'm the one who suggested you try to act normal so you could successfully come back under another assumed name. That makes me an abettor.

I guess....especially when they keep coming back for more.

I suggest, once again, that you try to get yourself under control. You know you want to dialogue, but can't seem to pull it off with that temper of yours. I have a sister like that...and it's no fun...for those around her or for her.
I sincerely feel sorry for cruc. He is furious with his life and he takes it out on this site. He really needs a forum where he can scream and curse and blame everyone without the flak...at least to get it out of his system.

ClimateSanity

See, that was you dodging a straight forward question. You said,

I asked what you had in mind.

Now I could have pointed out a few simple facts. The black community has been talking about and trying to address the gun culture and machismo, the disintegration of family structure and the effects of poverty, along with racism, struggling with the impact on all of those and more for a while. BLM was put together to specifically address one of those problems. One that isn't as complicated and can be more readily and powerfully corrected. Because when you have a number of serious problems its reasonable to address what you can in any order that gives you a chance to diminish the pile.

But instead I gave you an opportunity. I asked what you had in mind. And you did this... Short on ideas and long on outrage you decided to make another unsupportable comment. Facts don't scare me and I don't run from them. Questions seem to bring out the rabbit in you though.

This place is fine for people who know how to approach it and can find the value it has to offer. I've made a few friends here I wouldn't have known otherwise, gotten a master's class in dialogue relating to people from all sorts of places, honed ideas and strengthened positions. I was a lot less settled theologically when I started here, and a little scattershot in terms of political philosophy, comes to it.

This place isn't good for people who plug their emotions into everything they take seriously and can't separate themselves from the argument. It isn't good for people who are largely angry, because there will be too many people willing to exploit that to their own advantage. It isn't good for anyone who lacks personal discipline or maturity, unless they're looking for them.

You have an issue, a character issue that can only be worked out by you in your real life. It was evidenced in your unwillingness to take more than a passing responsibility for your actions, underscored by some of the language you've used and your inability to honor the word you gave, your word, when you signed on. You broke the rules and instead of taking your seat you took a pseudonym, and another, and another.

As with any community there are people with all sorts of ideas. The central one here is as simple as John 3:16. Beyond that, people have a way of differing and the thing that matters is how we differ. A number of people can do it reasonably and sincerely, understand there are all sorts of positions that won't be reconciled this side of the grave and live with doing their best to present the truth as they understand it and listen for a truth they might have missed..

The next tier have trouble with that, get rattled, frequently compromise their witness and treat the nonsalvific as though the fate of the world was riding on it, instead of their temper.

The bottom rung use whatever they believe in like a hammer and rarely evidence more than the dregs of compassion.

The thing is, now and again you get someone who comes in angry and full of...purpose, and they either get their first earful of reasonable, encouraging counter or they burn out and get put on the bench, but it changes them for the better. The stop, inventory, and make painful, necessary steps to do and be better. I've seen variations on that theme too.

No, that's not true. Until you can at least face the consequences for your actions honestly you aren't going to learn anything that matters.

You stepped way over the line and came back without modifying the impulse or understanding that you were reasonably under more, not less scrutiny during your effective probationary period. It was an opportunity you squandered.

That you don't see how embarrassing that should be to you tells me how far you have to go.
Do you have compassion for the guy? Find some way to reach out to him without the condescension.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Do you have compassion for the guy? Find some way to reach out to him without the condescension.
Sorry, CS, but it wasn't my first rodeo with him. I'd had a lot of conversations under a number of his usernames. What he was peddling here got him evicted numerous times and he evidenced a fairly hard heart on the point. From profanity to blaming every part of his troubles on other people, Jews to the moderators. My attempt was to speak a truth to him that's important he address in terms that don't allow him to miss it, only to step around it. If you want to read condescension into it I can't stop you, but that wasn't the spirit of it from this end.

Here's an exercise that might be profitable for both of us. Pull out a sentence you think evidences condescension. Explain why it does and how you'd have stated it differently. At the very least it would give me an understanding of why you felt that way about it, why someone I was attempting to speak to on a point might and what I could do to lessen the chance, given it's not my intention.

Now that would be a compassionate and helpful response.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Old GM sees right through THs arrogance and perceives a man who's not as smart as he thinks he isn't.
There was an interesting study a while ago about the fact that just about everyone overestimates themselves, especially when it comes to acumen. I'd recommend the Standford-Binet to you and the girls, but I never intentionally hurt anyone's feelings when I can help it.

Shoot. :mmph: :eek: