Parents' emotions raw in wake of rape at Maryland high school

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Parents' emotions raw in wake of rape at Maryland high school

The rape of a 14-year-old girl inside a Maryland high school, allegedly by at least one much older illegal immigrant, is stoking anger but having little effect on local politicians committed to so-called "sanctuary" policies.

Parents of students at Rockville High School, where the victim was brutally assaulted in a boys bathroom by two immigrant classmates, ages 17 and 18, vented at a PTA meeting Tuesday night.

"I'm very mad. I can't believe this is happening in my kids' school,” said a parent who identified herself only as Liz. “There are a lot of people here that maybe don't belong here. They haven't been checked out and I really need to know that my kids are safe."

“I know that if this country enforced the laws that are already on the books those two young men would not have been here and this rape, this horrendous rape, would not have occurred."

- Montgomery County parent

Residents of the Montgomery County community told Fox News the suspects have no place in classrooms with children several years younger. Illegal immigrants with language deficits are typically placed in lower grades at public schools in sanctuary communities around the country.

“I know that if this country enforced the laws that are already on the books those two young men would not have been here and this rape, this horrendous rape, would not have occurred," said one local parent.

Said another: "I'm really outraged by the situation in Montgomery County, I'm a lifelong resident."

Most seemed unmoved by school officials' defense of the policy of not cooperating with federal immigration officials.

"This is not an issue that we're going to move to the political level, although a lot of people want to do it,” said Jack Smith, superintendent of Montgomery County Public Schools. “The fact is, these students were not in the same class, but many students between the 9th and 12th grades are in the same classes, in the same band class, in the same world language class, same play after school."

Robin Ficker, an attorney who attended the meeting, said officials do not seem to grasp the situation.

“The mood was simply, 'cover our reputation,'” Ficker said. "There were long speeches from the principal, from the superintendent, from others who were associated with them explaining why this could never have happened when it did. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound to cure it.”

The community is one of several in Maryland considering formal adaptation of sanctuary status, a designation marking varying degree of non-cooperation with the federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency.

At least one of the suspects in the attack last Thursday, 18-year-old Guatemala native Henry Sanchez, had been stopped by a Border Patrol agent in August 2016 in Rio Valley Grande, Texas, when he entered the country illegally from Mexico. Sanchez was ordered to appear before an immigration judge, but the hearing had not yet been scheduled.

The immigration status of the other suspect, identified by police as Jose Montano, 17, of El Salvador, was not clear.

“You have young adult males that really do not have our culture and you are putting them in the same classroom as our 14-year-old girls and they are saying, 'There is nothing we can do about that – sorry,'” said community member Theresa Rickman.

Asked by Fox News why Montgomery County actively cooperates with Federal authorities on illegal immigration only after a crime has been committed, Montgomery County’s Council President Roger Berliner replied, “One of two individuals was stopped by ICE in Texas and released. How is this on us?"

That attitude did not sit well with critics of the sanctuary policy.

“The smugness and disingenuous language being used by Berliner is heinous,” said Jeff Werner of immigrant watchdog group Help Save Maryland. “Blaming ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) for letting the illegal immigrant stay in the country [is] almost as if they are sidestepping the whole problem by saying, ‘We welcome everyone, regardless of their immigration status.’ They don’t even know if these illegals even have a crime record."

Montgomery County Public Schools has a "don’t ask, don’t tell" policy regarding illegals in the school system.”

“We do not conduct background checks on any of our students. There is no provision in the law for that,” said Montgomery County Public Schools spokesperson Gboyinde Onijala, “We have students in our district that are US citizens that commit crimes and/or come to our schools with criminal records.”

When asked why the school district is resisting calls to examine its policies with regards to illegal immigrants, Onijala turned on the questioner.

“The U.S. Supreme Court… requires that schools not take any action that may discourage participation or exclude students based on their immigration status," Onijala said. "It is appalling that Fox News and others are insisting on making this a conversation about immigration when the focus should be on the victim… This is a crime that could be committed by anyone—white, black, Asian, Hispanic, documented and undocumented.”

I wonder if the school officials would be so callous if it were their daughter?

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Danoh

Simple solution - castrate them.

That ought to give pause to many a future, would be rapist.

And their illegal status has nothing to do with it - animals like that have ever been a part of any society, regardless of their citizenship.

glorydaz

And their illegal status has nothing to do with it - animals like that have ever been a part of any society, regardless of their citizenship.

When someone breaks one law, it becomes easier to break another. Especially, when everything has been handed to them when they know they don't deserve it.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Only there are some societies today where its commonplace and even encouraged and you nutjobs want to let people in without vetting.

Danoh

Only there are some societies today where its commonplace and even encouraged and you nutjobs want to let people in without vetting.

Nonsense - I am all for vetting. Strongly so. I posted on this very issue a year ago or so; video included - duh-uh.

Danoh

When someone breaks one law, it becomes easier to break another. Especially, when everything has been handed to them when they know they don't deserve it.

You're speaking to the choir - I've posted that very sentiment on here in the past.

Ecclesiastes 8:11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

Get - out - of - your - anyone - who - does - not - always - agree - with - you - is - in - your - one - size - fits - all - already.

glorydaz

And their illegal status has nothing to do with it

When someone breaks one law, it becomes easier to break another.

Get - out - of - your - anyone - who - does - not - always - agree - with - you - is - in - your - one - size - fits - all - already.

I'm just about done dealing with your stupid off subject remarks. You said his illegal status has nothing to do with it, and I gave you good reason why it does. He broke the law by being here....it's easier to break another law.

Now, get off your stupid vendetta of blaming others when it's YOU that cannot carry on an honest conversation.

glorydaz

No, if they werent allowed sanctuary, when he was stopped at the border, would he have been here to rape her?

It takes too much common sense for Danoh to answer that one. There isn't a lib around who dares to look at the obvious....their agenda would suffer were they to do so.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
" he entered the country illegally from Mexico"

:think:

55e0eace1700004301568ecb.jpeg

how about that?

trump's smarter than the idiots libs who opposed him

of course, my goldfish is smarter than the idiot libs

Danoh

Oh, did you now? I am oh so impressed.

You and yours are simply not very astute.

You accuse one of something, and then when said person proves otherwise; you accuse them of tooting their own horn.

That...is just plain stupidity on your parts.

But what can one expect - you're Trumpers.

You voted for and supported a man guilty of the very things you point your hypocrital fingers at others of supposedly being guilty of.

You're hopeless.

Talk about just plain stupid.

Luke 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

Fits you and yours "like a glove."

Danoh

" he entered the country illegally from Mexico"

55e0eace1700004301568ecb.jpeg

how about that?

trump's smarter than the idiots libs who opposed him

of course, my goldfish is smarter than the idiot libs

He, like you and yours, is a bigot.

Mexico is NOT "SENDING their worst."

glorydaz

You and yours are simply not very astute.

You accuse one of something, and then when said person proves otherwise; you accuse them of tooting their own horn.

That...is just plain stupidity on your parts.

But what can one expect - you're Trumpers.

You voted for and supported a man guilty of the very things you point your hypocrital fingers at others of supposedly being guilty of.

You're hopeless.

Talk about just plain stupid.

Luke 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

Fits you and yours "like a glove."

Now now, Danoh. Why must you take everything so personally? A bit sensitive, huh? :chuckle:

Danoh

Now now, Danoh. Why must you take everything so personally? A bit sensitive, huh? :chuckle:

Must've been what the Lord was doing when He said those words.

This is exactly why you and yours hold to erroneous views on one thing or another - you are forever taking what you read into a thing as being your correct perception of it.

Cracks me up how you and yours constantly do that, and yet point your finger at someone like a GT, or a Meshak.

:D

glorydaz

Must've been what the Lord was doing when He said those words.

This is exactly why you and yours hold to erroneous views on one thing or another - you are forever taking what you read into a thing as being your correct perception of it.

Cracks me up how you and yours constantly do that, and yet point your finger at someone like a GT, or a Meshak.

:D

:mock: Danoh

Like GT and Meshak, you can't take responsibility for your own defensiveness and pride.

Danoh

I'm just about done dealing with your stupid off subject remarks. You said his illegal status has nothing to do with it, and I gave you good reason why it does. He broke the law by being here....it's easier to break another law.

Now, get off your stupid vendetta of blaming others when it's YOU that cannot carry on an honest conversation.

No, slow poke, the legal status has nothing to do with whether or not one is an animal, anymore than your own legal status has anything to do with whether you are as you are - forever so stuck in content, that you fail to see the general principle a thing is based on.

This was exactly why you failed to see the general principle the Apostle Paul was talking about in 2 Cor. 3:1.

Danoh

:mock: Danoh

Like GT and Meshak, you can't take responsibility for your own defensiveness and pride.

Because that is your nonsense read by you into where I was actually coming from.

You have always resorted to this pride card of yours. You - who voted for a Trump, of all people.

And you call me stupid.

Yeah, okay, pride on my part is the problem.

Your radar is laughable.

But you are...a Trumper.

glorydaz

No, slow poke, the legal status has nothing to do with whether or not one is an animal, anymore than your own legal status has anything to do with whether you are as you are - forever so stuck in content, that you fail to see the general principle a thing is based on.

This was exactly why you failed to see the general principle the Apostle Paul was talking about in 2 Cor. 3:1.

Oh, so you deny the fact that when a person breaks one law, they are more apt to break another?

If a man takes money from the til where he works, and gets away with it. You don't think he is more apt to take more?