Your favorite part or thing from the Bible.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
What is your favorite part of the Bible, or your favorite thing in the Bible?

The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs — heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ if indeed we suffer with Him that we may also be glorified together. (Romans 8:16-17)​

Prizebeatz1

Your favorite part or thing from the Bible.

What profits a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul. Honorable mention to the most underrated verse as well: Be still and know that I am God.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs — heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ if indeed we suffer with Him that we may also be glorified together. (Romans 8:16-17)​
Shalom. Thank you for sharing this. I believe you have shared this because it is important to share in response to the OP. Shalom. Jacob.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What profits a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul. Honorable mention to the most underrated verse as well: Be still and know that I am God.
Shalom. Thank you for sharing. These are both important. Shalom. Jacob.

TrevorL

Greetings Jacob,
What is your favorite part of the Bible, or your favorite thing in the Bible?
My two equally favourite portions of the Bible are Psalm 8 and Isaiah 6. Both are very significant as both are quoted on numerous occasions in the NT. Both are fairly unique, and although simple at first read there is much to learn as there are many layers to each and a few difficult problems that can be solved by careful consideration and meditation. If anyone has some thoughts on these two passages or would like to discuss these portions I would be interested.

Kind regards
Trevor

glorydaz

Greetings Jacob, My two equally favourite portions of the Bible are Psalm 8 and Isaiah 6. Both are very significant as both are quoted on numerous occasions in the NT. Both are fairly unique, and although simple at first read there is much to learn as there are many layers to each and a few difficult problems that can be solved by careful consideration and meditation. If anyone has some thoughts on these two passages or would like to discuss these portions I would be interested.

Kind regards
Trevor

I won't say Shalom, but I will say that I love every text that points to the coming of the Lord.

katiecrna

I too love "be still and know that I am God". Also I love the story of the adulterous women-he who is without sin throw the first stone.
Father forgive them, they don't know what they are doing.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
Rom 8:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Rom 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Rom 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Rabbi Truth

Shalom, my favorite part of the Jewish Tanakh is Ezekiel 18:20-23, because not only does HaShem says He'll forgive you, but He'll also "forget" all your sins. To me, this is very powerful.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Romans 8:1 New King James Version (NKJV)

Free from Indwelling Sin
8 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

S-word

BANNED
Banned
If I had to choose a favourite biblical story, I think it would be of Samson the sterile Giant from the tribe of Dan, which tribe is not counted among the 144,000 in Revelation 7: 4; 12,000 being chosen from each of 12 of the thirteen tribes of Israel.

But I do also like the story of Elijah, who commanded Ahab to gather the 450 prophets of Baal who worshiped the Immortal God in the form of a man, and the 400 prophets of Baal’s Mother Asherah their heavenly goddess, at Mt Carmel, where he put their gods to shame before putting them all to the sword at Kishon brook.

Elijah, who was carried up to stand by Enoch’s side
Stood by the brook at Kishon where the priests of Baal all died
It was He, who gave the order and the waters all ran red
As fifty and eight hundred more, false prophets all fell dead.
Will you fight the war ‘gainst ignorance, the war that will be won
By those who wield the S-word of God, the sharp two edge-ed tongue….S-word.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Greetings Jacob, My two equally favourite portions of the Bible are Psalm 8 and Isaiah 6. Both are very significant as both are quoted on numerous occasions in the NT. Both are fairly unique, and although simple at first read there is much to learn as there are many layers to each and a few difficult problems that can be solved by careful consideration and meditation. If anyone has some thoughts on these two passages or would like to discuss these portions I would be interested.

Kind regards
Trevor

Shalom. It would be great to hear what people have to say! Shalom. Jacob.