Trump Names Former Opponent As UN Ambassador, Replacing Anti-Putin Samantha Power

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

Trump Names Former Political Opponent As UN Ambassador, Replacing Anti-Putin Samantha Power

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-...n-ambassador-replacing-anti-putin-samantha-po

In the first woman appointment to Trump's administration, South Carolina Govenor Nikki Haley has accepted the president-elect's offer to be his ambassador to the United Nations, NBC News reported this morning. The daughter of immigrants from India, Haley served three terms in South Carolina's State House before winning the governorship in 2010 and again in 2014. A two-term governor, Haley, 44, initially backed Trump rivals Sen. Marco Rubio and then Sen. Ted Cruz during the GOP battle for a White House nominee.

She is the first woman in the state's history to hold the role and only the nation's second Asian-American governor.

If confirmed, Haley would succeed Samantha Power, who served as President Barack Obama's U.N. ambassador since 2013, and who has been the most vocal opponent of the Russian regime's overtures in the United Nations
........(SNIP)

My comment: This is Trump's first move than has made me unhappy. I really do not like some of the things she has done, not even including her rejection of Trumpas the GOP nominee. I sure hope he has a good reason for this. Maybe its because she is Indian and he's sending her to the UN. I don't know.