ECT 2P2P and the New Testament

Danoh

Whatever happened to Melchi zedek?

He is out forming Mel and the Kizedecs Band.

Featuring Mel Torme; Mel Brooks; Mel Blanc; and Mel Gibson in a new rendition of "Melancholy Baby."

Note: Mel Blanc is actually STP, which is why all "the cartoons" :D

Jerry Shugart

The context of Rom 9-11 would do that Jerry, and it does not go with the physical line because nothing in the three chapters does.

So these verses from those chapters of Romans are not speaking of the physical descendants of Israel?:

"But to Israel He saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people. I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid" (Ro.10:21; 11:1).​

Of course the word "Israel" in this passage is referring to the physical descendants of Israel. And notice that Paul makes it plain that the LORD has not cast away Israel. They will be restoyed to their previous position as a special people unto the LORD, a people above all people on the face of the earth. And this passage speaks of that time:

"And I will bring them, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness...And it shall come to pass, that as ye were a curse among the heathen, O house of Judah, and house of Israel; so will I save you, and ye shall be a blessing...In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you" (Zech.8:8,13,23).​

Those who first received this prophecy, the Jews, certainly understood that the LORD was speaking of the physical descendants of Israel. If the LORD was not speaking about them then He was deceiving those who He described as His special people in the OT. And the LORD would never do such a thing!

Right Divider

Body part
So these verses from those chapters of Romans are not speaking of the physical descendants of Israel?:
"But to Israel He saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people. I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid" (Ro.10:21; 11:1).​

Of course the word "Israel" in this passage is referring to the physical descendants of Israel. And notice that Paul makes it plain that the LORD has not cast away Israel. They will be restoyed to their previous position as a special people unto the LORD, a people above all people on the face of the earth. And this passage speaks of that time:
"And I will bring them, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness...And it shall come to pass, that as ye were a curse among the heathen, O house of Judah, and house of Israel; so will I save you, and ye shall be a blessing...In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you" (Zech.8:8,13,23).​

Those who first received this prophecy, the Jews, certainly understood that the LORD was speaking of the physical descendants of Israel. If the LORD was not speaking about them then He was deceiving those who He described as His special people in the OT. And the LORD would never do such a thing!
This is exactly why IP and so many other people that don't believe all of the scripture needed to redefine what "Israel" means.

Interplanner

This is exactly why IP and so many other people that don't believe all of the scripture needed to redefine what "Israel" means.

But you are the people of the doctrine that the nation 'fell'. So you 'special people' fell!!! Which is it? so obviously if Paul and the apostles are Jews but the nation fell, it is a mixed fall!

Jerry is a total clutz on these things. It even says in Rom 9-11 that he (Paul) is an exception and that God has remnants.

The sooner you can obliterate the idea that races are what God works with , the sooner you will understand the NT.

Danoh

In the OT He did indeed work with the physical descendants of Israel. But since you refuse to believe what is said in the Bible you just deny the plain truth!

Yep - never mind...

Romans 3:3's "For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?"

And...

Romans 10:16's "But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?"

IP too long ago rendered himself no longer able to see the obvious.

Next stop for such?

The purgatory of that old Twilight Zone episode starring the late great Burgess Merideth, as a man blind as a bat without his glasses.

A man obssessed with books "about."

The world ends.

He rushes off to a gigantic library.

Overjoyed all those books "about" are now his - oh god yes - all his alone...

To his great despair, he accidentally steps on his only pair glasses; crushing them.

Only this man is IP.

In his hand; a copy of Sartre's classic book "about" man and his self-imposed hells...

The book "No Exit."