User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who is implicitly and explicitly leading the Battle Royale?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • PilgrimAgain

5 38.46%

8 61.54%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: BATTLE TALK ~ Battle Royale VI - PilgrimAgain vs. 1013

Pilgrimagain
    Oh, and thanks for the kudos Boom and Knight.

Yxboom
    All votes pre-yesterday were erased. Did you by chance vote prior to yesterday?

Yxboom
    Sanders does a fairly extensive job on Calvin regarding his teaching that God "lisps" so that mankind can know Him.

Pilgrimagain
    I'll need to get back to that then though I am nor sure how cogent it would be to the argument for or against inclusivism/restrictivism.

Might it possibly be a tangent as well as an attempt to poison the well?

Post Modern Fundamentalist 1013's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey now! How can 1013 have a vote on me already? He hasn't even spoken yet! Was I that bad?
    No, I'm just that good!

Yxboom
    This has GOT TO BE the best BR to date. Just the opening statements were beyond excellent.

I specifically admire:
    Originally posted by 1013
    I will not be arguing this position except to point out that every Calvinist and anyone else who has a history intertwined with Classical Theism ought to tip their hats to this form of inclusivism. Why? Because pagan Greek thought has, for better or for worse, and I truly believe for better AND for worse, influenced Christian thought, and I do emphasize, as every classical theist should (though I am not one), that it happened for the better.
    The TF made my heart skip a beat

Yxboom
    As of today this Battle Royale is monumental in that it is the first between 2 TOL mods, that and the fact that I am moderating it

Your powers are weak, old man. Knight's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 697 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Yxboom
    As of today this Battle Royale is monumental in that it is the first between 2 TOL mods, that and the fact that I am moderating it
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Download the new TOL app for iPhone, iPad, and Android...

Yxboom
    Yea you know it dog.....when I get to moderate the BR's bring IT!

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might it possibly be a tangent as well as an attempt to poison the well?
    I doubt he goes into this in his book on the subject (I don't remember him doing so). He discusses it in The God Who Risks for sure where it's more relevent.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW Yx I found a copy of that Patey book. Sheesh, liberal twaddle, dialoguing mostly with Rahner.

oh wait...

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pilgrimagain, don't rush on my account. I'm in no hurry.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

speak now or forever...hold thy peace..

Pilgrimagain you said...and you emphasized "the confess with your lips part"

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    because **if you confess with your lips** that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For one believes with the heart and so is justified, and one confesses with the mouth and so is saved. The scripture says, "No one who believes in him will be put to shame."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is the clear prescription for salvation and as far as I am concerned it is the one essential doctrine of any Christian church.. *Let me be clear*…to be a Christian *one *must* confess with the lips* and believe in ones heart that Christ was raised from the dead.

Pilgrim..in Your church if someone can't technically confess with there lips..are they damned?

I mean..are there not any Christians amongst those who for whatever reason can't speak or who have lost there voice?

Are you really suggesting that the verse above is that "literal" and arbitrary, and that there are NO exceptions?

If someone is born without the ability to speak or looses there vocal cords and there is no way for them to "confess with there "lips" are they damned?

How about a step farther..the mentally impaired who can't grasp the things of God..who are born with a mental impairment that renders them devoid of any cognizant skills, who are completely oblivious, are they hell bound?

nice job 1013..
    good point knightro..

cirisme
    Originally posted by Yxboom
    When did Pa become a mod?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you really suggesting that the verse above is that "literal" and arbitrary, and that there are NO exceptions?
    Even if it's literal, it isn't stated in an absolute way.

notice that "if you confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." is logically equivalent to the statement "if you turn the key in your car ignition, your car will start. But this statement does not imply that it is impossible to start your car without keys. You can after all hotwire a car. That is the "technicality" that Pilgrimagain acknowledged in his post.

nice job 1013.
    thank you much.
    Last edited by 1013; January 18th, 2003 at 02:54 PM.

Thread Information