Where are we as a nation going?

Where are we as a nation going?

• I agree with that

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I disagree with that

Votes: 15 78.9%

• Total voters

drbrumley

On 10/3/2002, Representative Ron Paul of Texas made a motion to declare war on Iraq. Chairman Henry Hyde rejected the motion by declaring:

"There are things in the Constitution that have been overtaken by events, by time. Declaration of war is one of them. There are things no longer relevant to a modern society. Why declare war if you don't have to? We are saying to the President, use your judgment. So, to demand that we declare war is to strengthen something to death. You have got a hammerlock on this situation, and it is not called for. Inappropriate, anachronistic, it isn't done anymore."

--Chairman Henry Hyde, 10/3/2002, in session of House of Representatives, during hearing on H.J. Res. 114, "AUTHORIZATION FOR USE OF MILITARY FORCE AGAINST IRAQ", discussing Ron Paul's motion to declare war.

elected4ever

War is serious business. That is why the framers made it difficult to enter war by restricting the power of the president to act unilaterally and making congress accountable. In my estimation the whole war powers act is an unconstitutional piece of legislation. If the president can act unilaterally then we have an empirical presidency and the holder of the office is the emperor. The congress thus is nothing more than window dressing and unnecessary.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
drbrumley said:
Then I guess heaven will be the pits for you then, can't vote in heaven.

That statement shows how far over the edge you have gone. I'm sorry for that, Doc, I truely am. :(

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
BillyBob said:
That statement shows how far over the edge you have gone. I'm sorry for that, Doc, I truely am. :(
BB what is wrong with Doc's point?

All he is saying is that God isn't going to use a democracy or a republic as His form of government.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Knight said:
BB what is wrong with Doc's point?

All he is saying is that God isn't going to use a democracy or a republic as His form of government.

The problem with Doc's point is that until God clearly takes control of our government, we are bound by the Constitution.

drbrumley

So we are ok to own slaves back in the early 1800's? If it is immoral now, why wasn't it then? Just because the Constitution said so?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
drbrumley said:
So we are ok to own slaves back in the early 1800's? If it is immoral now, why wasn't it then? Just because the Constitution said so?

Ummmm, the Constitution has been Ammended since then. :doh:

Doc, make your stand here and now. Do you or do you not support the Constitution?

drbrumley

BillyBob said:
Ummmm, the Constitution has been Ammended since then. :doh:

Doc, make your stand here and now. Do you or do you not support the Constitution?
Where have you been. I support the Constitution of the United States. But that does not mean that immorality gets a pass JUST because the Constitution says so.

drbrumley

elected4ever said:
yes

Can you spell political correctness/well.

It did till it was amended.

So your saying it was ok? and is morally ok to own a balck man cause he was black?

elected4ever

drbrumley said:
Where have you been. I support the Constitution of the United States. But that does not mean that immorality gets a pass JUST because the Constitution says so.
Where in the Bible does it say that slavery is immoral?