Crow's Pick 3-7-05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

:thumb: POTD God_Is_Truth! :first:

:bannana::bow::bannana::bow::bannana:

Originally posted by God_Is_Truth

Galatians 3
25But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

how much clearer can it be?

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace

1 Corinthians 9:20
To the Jews I became as a Jew, so that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law though not being myself under the Law, so that I might win those who are under the Law

Galatians 5:18
But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law.

1 Timothy 1
8But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, 9realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers

Romans 8:2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death

Paul makes is abundantly clear over and over that the law is not over us but that we are completely free from it.

Galatians 5:1
It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.

the idea that we, in Christ, are under the law is the very thing the Judaizers preached and what Paul adamantly taught against. the entire book of Galatians was written for this specific purpose, to address the idea that those in Christ were under the law which is what the Judaizers were preaching. Paul tackles the issue head on saying they are falling away from grace, following another gospel and seeking to be put back under a yoke of slavery by seeking to be under law. he states very clearly how we are free in Christ from the law completely. we walk by the Spirit, in the newness of life and not by the letter in the way of old.

:bannana::bow::bannana::bow::bannana:

WOW! :up:

CONTEXT :bannana:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God_is_truth is becoming very established in his great defense of the gospel. I'm continually encouraged by his posts. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.