Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Bob & liberal Juan Williams of Fox News & NPR

Wednesday March 2nd, 2005. This is show #43.

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW
If you take the 10 commandments I think black colleges have failed blacks when it comes to thou shall not covet, thou shall not murder, thou shall not commit adultery, thou shall not steal. These are absolutes in the conservative Christian world-view.

And in the liberal world-view, which black colleges have embraced, thou shall not covet is replaced by class-envy. And thou shall not steal is replaced by transfer of money from my neighbor to me and all kinds of benefits. And thou shall not commit adultery is replaced by marriage is not necessary for sexual relations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morpheus

Re: Bob & liberal Juan Williams of Fox News & NPR

Originally posted by Jefferson

Bob & liberal Juan Williams of Fox News & NPR

Wednesday February 2nd, 2005. This is show #43.

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW
thou shall not steal
Their ancestors were stolen from their native land. The 40 acres, mule and freedoms they were promised were withheld (stolen) from them. Human dignity was stolen from them. The ability to compete equally was stolen from them. Therefore, over generations of whites maintaining their economic and social superiority over them, essentially the wealthy have been stealing from the poor.
thou shall not covet is replaced by class-envy
This falls into the same category as "do not steal". Whites did everything in their power to make sure that others never had a reasonable chance. The blacks never wanted to be like us. They despised what we were, and many of us still are. We kept them from having so that we could have more.
And thou shall not commit adultery is replaced by marriage is not necessary for sexual relations.
When did this become a racial issue. Whites are just as guilty of this as anyone else.

These beliefs only shows the continuing bias maintained by some who continue to want to keep themselves in a superior position for whatever reason. Affirmative action was initiated to bring oppressed classes of people into a fair position. Generations of oppression has kept whites with an unfair advantage in all of these areas. Crossing class lines is one of the most difficult things to do, especially when the ruling class continues to put up roadblocks.
thou shall not murder
Huh, this one is interesting. For decades it was not even illegal to murder slaves, and murdering a free black was rarely punished. When white Americans speak about the "conservative Christian world-view" it does not necessarily mean what it says. What it means is the biased white American conservative Christian world-view. If this country is supposed to be an example of the "conservative Christian world-view" then why have we been practicing and embracing all of the above atrocities, (along with many more), for as long as we have been in existence as a nation? True Christians should be working to correct the iniquities, not defending them.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Singling out black colleges and examining them in the light of the Ten Commandments is ludicrous and absurd.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Morpheus,
  • Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. Romans 12:17

16"Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor shall children be put to death for their fathers; a person shall be put to death for his own sin. Deuteronomy 24:16

Ezekiel 18
    1 The word of the LORD came to me again, saying, 2"What do you mean when you use this proverb concerning the land of Israel, saying:
    "The fathers have eaten sour grapes,
    And the children's teeth are set on edge'?
    3"As I live," says the Lord GOD, "you shall no longer use this proverb in Israel....

19"Yet you say, "Why should the son not bear the guilt of the father?' Because the son has done what is lawful and right, and has kept all My statutes and observed them, he shall surely live. 20The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not bear the guilt of the father, nor the father bear the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by granite1010

Singling out black colleges and examining them in the light of the Ten Commandments is ludicrous and absurd.
Singling out Jefferson's quote to portray Bob Enyart as only critical of wickedness when it comes from blasck is ludicrous and absurd.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Turbo

Singling out Jefferson's quote to portray Bob Enyart as only critical of wickedness when it comes from blasck is ludicrous and absurd.

I'm not saying he's only critical of so-called "wickedness" coming from blacks, Turbo, and you very well know that. But he IS making a specific target out of black colleges as though the depravity he deplores doesn't happen elsewhere.

Keep in mind as well that I got no sound on my system at work so any other excerpts to put this in context would be appreciated.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator

I'm not saying he's only critical of so-called "wickedness" coming from blacks, Turbo, and you very well know that. But he IS making a specific target out of black colleges as though the depravity he deplores doesn't happen elsewhere.

Keep in mind as well that I got no sound on my system at work so any other excerpts to put this in context would be appreciated.
Ask and ye shall receive:

I have, on occassion when the topic comes up, have criticism for the black community just like I do the white community and black colleges like white colleges. But I guess you could sum up my criticism with a verse out of the Bible: Proverbs 16 verse 8. "Better is a little with righteousness than vast revenues without it."

Granite

Hall of Fame
Ah, that's more like it. So the person at fault is really Jefferson, for using a quote with no context.

I knew it!

:devil:

Morpheus

Originally posted by Turbo

Morpheus,
  • Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. Romans 12:17

16"Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor shall children be put to death for their fathers; a person shall be put to death for his own sin. Deuteronomy 24:16

Ezekiel 18
    1 The word of the LORD came to me again, saying, 2"What do you mean when you use this proverb concerning the land of Israel, saying:
    "The fathers have eaten sour grapes,
    And the children's teeth are set on edge'?
    3"As I live," says the Lord GOD, "you shall no longer use this proverb in Israel....

19"Yet you say, "Why should the son not bear the guilt of the father?' Because the son has done what is lawful and right, and has kept all My statutes and observed them, he shall surely live. 20The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not bear the guilt of the father, nor the father bear the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.
All I said was that these acts are not isolated to any particular race; they are universal. As far as Affirmative Action is concerned I still assert that when you steal from a family for generations so as to deprive them from any opportunity you, not they, have established their fate. As a nation we are responsible for reversing those atrocities and repairing some of the damage done. Saying, "My ancestors were responsible for the position you're in but not me; sorry about your luck pal," is more or less saying, "My family became wealthy by stealing from you, but I owe you nothing."

Let's get real here. When whites say it's unfair that minorities get special accomodations, they choose to ignore that it was unfair that they refused to allow blacks to be taught to read; that it was unfair to kidnap them from their homes; it was unfair to hang them; it was unfair buy and sell them; it was unfair to divide families; it was unfair to deny them opportunities, etc. It is like the kid who says that he will steal to support his drug habit, but then when he is caught acknowledging that it was wrong and saying that his admission is good enough, so let's drop it. What I am saying is that people only tend to see things as unfair when it happens to them. It's another act of selfishness.
14What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? 15Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. 16If one of you says to him, “Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? 17In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. James 2:14-17

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Morpheus

All I said was that these acts are not isolated to any particular race; they are universal.
And who is disagreeing with you on this? The problems with black colleges were addressed because Mr. Williams wrote a book on that subject. He was being interviewed about it. What else were they supposed to talk about? Were they supposed to talk about some other culture that had absolutely nothing at all to do with Mr. Williams' book?

As far as Affirmative Action is concerned I still assert that when you steal from a family for generations so as to deprive them from any opportunity you, not they, have established their fate.
No you haven't. You've only established the fate of those generations that were deprived. If what you say is true, then why are there so many successful black businessmen today?

As a nation we are responsible for reversing those atrocities and repairing some of the damage done.
Are the black African nations that sold them into slavery also responsible for reversing those atrocities and repairing some of the damage?

Are the American Indian tribes which owned black slaves also responsible for reversing those atrocities and repairing some of the damage? (See http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...ns+owned+black+slaves"&hl=en&client=firefox-a)

Or is it only the white man?

Also, aren't the billions of dollars given in welfare over the decades enough? Isn't the shed blood of white Americans in the civil war enough? How much is enough?

Saying, "My ancestors were responsible for the position you're in but not me; sorry about your luck pal," is more or less saying, "My family became wealthy by stealing from you, but I owe you nothing."
Blacks today are responsible for their own fate. They are given free education by which they can earn academic scholarships to any university in the nation. Your argument holds no water.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator

So what's the solution?
Freedom. Get rid of government's high taxation shackles which keeps everyone down.

billwald

In which century will we stop hearing about the 40 acres and a mule?

The govt owns half the land west of the Mississippi. I propose that anyone who has filed an income tax return for the last 10 years as head of household and wishes to be recognized as "African American" be assigned 40 acres and given a mule or a (made in USA) walk behind tractor equivalent. It would jump start the economy.

Morpheus

Originally posted by billwald

In which century will we stop hearing about the 40 acres and a mule?

The govt owns half the land west of the Mississippi. I propose that anyone who has filed an income tax return for the last 10 years as head of household and wishes to be recognized as "African American" be assigned 40 acres and given a mule or a (made in USA) walk behind tractor equivalent. It would jump start the economy.
Maybe, since Supreme Court ordered reparations have been tied up in red tape for years by federal bureaucracy, we should continue to hear about it. The responsibility has been passed along because our fathers refused to deal with it.

Many talk about minorities complaining about their treatment in the past (and present). I can understand that far easier than listening to the generationally advantaged whining about making things right.

Status
Not open for further replies.