Stripping Is Lucrative (Public school alert)

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by granite1010

"And when I go to a movie with a female friend, it isn't a date."

Well, says you. Unfortunately you're in the minority, these days. It may be a CASUAL date without much subtext, but it is what it is.
So, is it a date when I go to a movie with a guy friend?:rolleyes:

"I never asked her out on a date, but she assumed it would be a date if it were just the two of us."

Did it ever occur to you that she was RIGHT, Brandon? You may dislike the assumptions people bring into these situations, but maybe you should get with the times.
You're a dumbass. I didn't want it to be a date, and neither did she. So it WOULD NOT have been a date.:duh:

"It's sad that the world has devolved into this."

Maybe yes and maybe no, but that is the status quo. Get with the program.
No. Most of my life has been based on going against the flow. I'm not going to change to make you happy.

"Even if we like each other, it doesn't make it a date. It's two friends hanging out. Just like it is when I'm with my best friend."

Sorry, but that dog don't hunt. Ever seen "When Harry Met Sally"? Sure, it's a flick, but it makes a valid point. Men and women can't just be friends. Because there will always be sexual tension on at least the part of one of them. That's the way we're built, Brandon.
That is complete (sanitized for your protection, by :crow2: )

Last edited by a moderator:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Gerald

Because being a pain to you is more fun...?
:chuckle:

Well, he must really like me then. You know what they say about imitation.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by lighthouse

So, is it a date when I go to a movie with a guy friend?:rolleyes:

You're a dumbass. I didn't want it to be a date, and neither did she. So it WOULD NOT have been a date.:duh:

No. Most of my life has been based on going against the flow. I'm not going to change to make you happy.

That is complete (sanitized for your protection by :crow2: )

:rolleyes:

With reasoning like this...

Last edited by a moderator:

Mustard Seed

Originally posted by firechyld
Still... as much as we try not to blank out the negatives of the industry, I do think this guy is ignoring the positives, and the neutrals. That may just be his experiences, and I'm not going to dispute that. But he is presenting a very one sided view as though it is the be-all and end-all of the story.

I mean no disrespect. I respect your intellectual prowis and you may well believe that you are/have enjoyed your experiences in related fields. But I could likely find a well articulated intellegent, surviving, and in some ways thriving, bolemic and or anorexic celebrity or model who, if such a stance had no chance of destroying their current livelyhood and lifestyle, would anc could very easily advocate the bolemic/anorexic 'life style' using the very same logic you've displayed. The same stance could be taken by a great many others in society on topics I think you would not openly embrace.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I apologize for the language. I allowed his idiocy to cloud my judgment.

Greywolf-
It's not a date if neither of us sees it as a date. If just one of us sees it that way, it isn't one. We have to agree that it's a date. And it has to involve more than just hanging out.

That does not mean it has to involve sex to be a date, rocky.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Brandon: I don't think either of us should continue this discussion. You keep getting carried away and I think you're just immature when it comes to this subject.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by lighthouse

Lust is the antithesis of love, and should not be a factor in marriage.

My friend, a marriage without lust is destined to be unfulfilling to at least one of the parties involved. Paul even encouraged people to mary because of lust, rather than them having sex outside of marriage.

But my first point is the most pertinent, trust me.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by BillyBob

My friend, a marriage without lust is destined to be unfulfilling to at least one of the parties involved. Paul even encouraged people to mary because of lust, rather than them having sex outside of marriage.

But my first point is the most pertinent, trust me.

Seconds BillyBob's statement to lighthouse:

Lust in and of itself is not sinful. It becomes sinful when it's misused (misdirected).

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by BillyBob

That has been my point when it comes to dating. You can't tell me that a man and a woman who are attracted to each other and who spend a lot of time alone are not going to eventually have sex. Today most people who date have sex sooner than later. Hence my previous points about getting to know each other in a group setting and getting married sooner, not later.

Granite, apparently, is above all of this.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER

A whole bunch of reasons. :)

Like what?

You've got a really messed up perception of how relationships work, you know that? We are not getting married yet because it is not what we want. It's not a case of me trying and failing to convince my man to "make an honest woman of me". It's a mutual decision.

As for commitment, you're an idiot if you think that people can't commit without a marriage certificate. I have one of those. I also have a certificate of divorce. I know first hand that there is a lot more to a commitment than the piece of paper. My partner is more committed to me than my ex-husband ever was.

When it comes to relationships I believe what the Bible says. So if you think my perception is messed up, take it up with God.

If you are so committed to this guy you live with, why not make it a real commitment? It is not about a piece of paper. It IS about a commitment, one you and your boyfriend do not have.

*grin* In my personal life, if I wanted to sleep with someone, yes. But my professional life has never involved sexual intercourse for money.

I thought you worked in the sex industry. Did you do it for free?
If you mean that you would perform sexual acts but did not perform intercourse, why not? Is their something wrong with that?

I concur. I'm finding these insights into shimei quite perturbing...

Good. I am glad that my views perturb a tramp.

Mustard Seed

Originally posted by Shimei
When it comes to relationships I believe what the Bible says. So if you think my perception is messed up, take it up with God...

...Good. I am glad that my views perturb a tramp.

__11The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

___12I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

___13And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

___14I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

__3And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,

___4They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

___5Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

___6This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

___7So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

___8And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.

___9And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

___10When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

___11She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

various excerpts from The Bible

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Matthew 7
"Judge not, that you be not judged. 2For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.

5Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Don't judge as a hypocrite. The Pharisees were judging as hypocrites since they were adulterers judging an adulterer.

John 8:

6They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

9At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there.

John 7:24
24Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment."

Mustard Seed

Originally posted by Shimei

Matthew 7
"Judge not, that you be not judged. 2For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.

5Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Amen.

Don't judge as a hypocrite. The Pharisees were judging as hypocrites since they were adulterers judging an adulterer.

John 7:24
24Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment."

Amen. Do you know all the details of firechyld's life? I don't.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Mustard Seed

Amen. Do you know all the details of firechyld's life? I don't.

She is a former sex industry worker (prostitute) who is shaking up with her boyfriend.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by granite1010

Why are fundies so obsessed?

Why are you so obsessed with people who know the difference between right and wrong?