questions for christians

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Is Jesus center of Christianity?

disclaimer:

I will ask questions if your answer is inconsistent with Jesus' word because I believe Jesus' teaching is the center of Christianity.

blessings.

Lon

disclaimer:

I will ask questions if your answer is inconsistent with Jesus' word because I believe Jesus' teaching is the center of Christianity.

blessings.

One is a bit different from the other.
Yes, Jesus is central.
No, gentiles don't follow Jesus' directions to Jews, just His directions to gentiles.

Most of us believe the Lord Jesus Christ was working within Israel and Judah to bring about Salvation where gentiles are grafted in. As we are grafted in, not all of Jesus' words were for gentiles. If we 'think' so we might as well become Jewish, rather than Christian gentiles. Many aspire to exactly that, but we know many Jews are not the remnant. See Acts 21:25

IntoJoy's comment to you is in regards to that problem. Paul opposed Peter to his face over exactly this. Galatians 2:11-14

(just information from where most stand on one-side or the other, I'm just trying to give perspective rather than get into a debate over the issues). -Lon

meshak

BANNED
Banned
One is a bit different from the other. Most of us believe the Lord Jesus Christ was working within Israel and Judah to bring about Salvation where gentiles are grafted in. As we are grafted in, not all of Jesus' words were for gentiles. If we 'think' so we might as well become Jewish, rather than Christian gentiles. Many aspire to exactly that, but we know many Jews are not the remnant. See Acts 21:25

IntoJoy's comment to you is in regards to that problem. Paul opposed Peter to his face over exactly this. Galatians 2:11-14

(just information from where most stand on one-side or the other, I'm just trying to give perspective rather than get into a debate over the issues). -Lon

So you don't agree Jesus' teachings are for His followers?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Rom 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Rom 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

So you don't believe it is essential to keep His commands?

Lon

Correct. I don't pay a temple tithe whenever He brings healing to me for instance, and importantly, neither do you. In fact, you cannot follow all His commandments since the temple and sacrifices are gone now. You HAVE to intelligently pick which commands you will follow.

Now the difference is that someone may disagree with you. What if someone were to tell you to go wash in the pool of siloam or dip yourself in the Jordan 7 times? What would you tell them about why you are not 'following Jesus' commands?' I think a LOT of what Jesus says applies to us today. For instance, I am not supposed to worry about what I will eat, or drink or wear Matthew 6.

Perhaps the ones that think the least things Jesus says are for them, will agree with this verse. IOW, we ALL as Christians have the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior and we all follow His teachings, but most specifically, what is termed a 'universal' (applies to everybody, Jews AND gentiles, not one or the other) truth of application. -Lon

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned

disclaimer:

blessings.
I guess you don't know what Christianity is.

That explains your filthy comment.

Calm down, Jesus loves you, friend.
"The center of Christianity." What is Christianity Meshak? Where can I find this word in the Bible? Where did quote-unquote Jesus say "Christianity?" We need to know it if, we're going to talk about the center of it and what is or isn't there.

Zeke

disclaimer:

blessings.

Yet the inward is negated by the outward focus, Jesus is a prototype of our inward man who represents Divine history if such a thing actually exist seeing time has no effect on eternity, You are still seeing through the first Adams perception built on this temporal kingdoms requirements for a false perception of salvation which life has no need.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
OTOH I can find "CHURCH" in my Bible, in a few places, quote-unquote Jesus even mentioned "CHURCH." Is this what you mean by "Christianity," which I cannot find in the Bible, and I can't find where quote-unquote Jesus said "Christianity," not anywhere, not even any of His Apostles said this word you use here. Do you mean "CHURCH," Meshak? Do you mean to ask if the Lord Jesus Christ is the center of the Church? That's a great question Meshak, a great question, if that's what you're meaning here where you say "Christianity." I can check my Bible about "Church," Meshak, but the Bible is silent on the subject of "Christianity."

meshak

BANNED
Banned
OTOH I can find "CHURCH" in my Bible, in a few places, quote-unquote Jesus even mentioned "CHURCH." Is this what you mean by "Christianity," which I cannot find in the Bible, and I can't find where quote-unquote Jesus said "Christianity," not anywhere, not even any of His Apostles said this word you use here. Do you mean "CHURCH," Meshak? Do you mean to ask if the Lord Jesus Christ is the center of the Church? That's a great question Meshak, a great question, if that's what you're meaning here where you say "Christianity." I can check my Bible about "Church," Meshak, but the Bible is silent on the subject of "Christianity."

So you don't believe Jesus' teaching is not essential to be saved?