Did you like Obama's use of power? Now it's Trump's turn

kmoney

Hall of Fame
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/11/14/obama-s-imperial-presidency-now-is-trump-s.html
Obama’s Imperial Presidency Now Is Trump’s
Liberals let the Obama presidency’s expanded powers go virtually unchecked. Now Trump gets to enjoy them.

For nearly eight years, President Obama massively expanded his authority on national security issues: on the prosecution of whistleblowers, secret surveillance courts, wars without congressional authorization, and drone campaigns without public oversight. During this time the left, with the exception of some civil liberties groups, remained largely silent.
But now this entire apparatus is being handed over to Donald Trump, a president with a penchant for authoritarianism, who will no doubt point to Obama as precedent to justify the continuation, and perhaps broadening, of these national security excesses.
“Many Americans were willing to invest broad power in the presidency because they trusted the president. But obviously the powers that we invest outlast any particular president, and now those powers are available to Trump,” said Jameel Jaffer, the director of the Knight First Amendment Institute at Columbia University. “That was a profound mistake on the part of the Obama administration and Americans generally.”

Beyond these fears, there are other reports that many of the executive actions that Obama took will simply be repealed once Trump is in office. I guess when you live by executive action you die by it? :idunno:

fool

Hall of Fame
Beyond these fears, there are other reports that many of the executive actions that Obama took will simply be repealed once Trump is in office. I guess when you live by executive action you die by it? :idunno:

They warned all those Dreamers that a future administration would know who they were and where they lived.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
It's as I've stated many times already- when you call half the country bigots and harass them, they are going to be against you. If they really cared about America, they may have stood a chance, but instead they chose to label anyone who didn't bend the knee to them as spawns of Satan.

I mean, it's not rocket science. These people had it in their minds that they were simply infallible is all. Hillary didn't even have a concession speech prepared- what does that tell you about them :AMR:

The last nail in the coffin I suppose is that the only thing they can respond with is the same broken record, which shows how ingrained their fascist nonsense has become.
The Right taking back the government was a godsend.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

It's only manipulative and underhanded when others do it.
hehe!

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Obama's "Imperial Presidency ?" Oh come on now ! This is preposterous . Obama always acted with good judgment and restraint and never abused his authority as chief executive of the US .
But now, America is stuck with a power-hungry , ruthless demagogue with zero integrity or
principles . He is an impulsive, headstrong jerk who will not tolerate any subordinate on his staff or on the cabinet etc who disagrees with him and wants yes men, not independent thinkers around
him . He is totally clueless about what it takes to run a country of over 3900 million people and has never even been mayor of a small town .
The thought of having this megalomaniacal , selfish, greedy , unscrupulous ,mindless jackass in the White House is absolutely terrifying .
To run a huge country, you need someone who is calm, level-headed, experienced, well informed, knowledgable, prudent, and fair-minded . Hillary Clinton has all of these qualities, and Trump is totally lacking in them. Be afraid. . . . . . . be very afraid !

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

Pretty much the deal, had the regressive left learned to compromise and find solutions that all Americans can live with Obama's house of cards legacy would not so easily be wiped out. Obama wanted to dictate not lead and now all his edicts will just go away as quick as they came. Thank you to Obama for making this reset back to sanity so easy. :thumb:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Obama's "Imperial Presidency ?" Oh come on now ! This is preposterous . Obama always acted with good judgment and restraint and never abused his authority as chief executive of the US .
But now, America is stuck with a power-hungry , ruthless demagogue with zero integrity or
principles . He is an impulsive, headstrong jerk who will not tolerate any subordinate on his staff or on the cabinet etc who disagrees with him and wants yes men, not independent thinkers around
him . He is totally clueless about what it takes to run a country of over 3900 million people and has never even been mayor of a small town .
The thought of having this megalomaniacal , selfish, greedy , unscrupulous ,mindless jackass in the White House is absolutely terrifying .
To run a huge country, you need someone who is calm, level-headed, experienced, well informed, knowledgable, prudent, and fair-minded . Hillary Clinton has all of these qualities, and Trump is totally lacking in them. Be afraid. . . . . . . be very afraid !

:chuckle:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

It will be good to see the "Plague of Obamacare" disappear.