ECT Q for those who believe in salvation by grace thru faith in Christ w/o works

Q for those who believe in salvation by grace thru faith in Christ w/o works

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dodge

Sin is a big deal, but it's not evidence of a lack of saving faith. Galatians 2:17 (KJV)

Sure sin is an evidence of rebellion and rejection of God.

Take two men or women in a same sex relationship who say they are saved and love God living in the very abomination that God has already condemned. If they die having not repented their profession accomplishes nothing they will die and go to hell.

I know and have known folks caught up in that sin and they claimed to love and follow God. All they did was justify their sin to themselves and condemn themselves.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Sure sin is an evidence of rebellion and rejection of God.

Take two men or women in a same sex relationship who say they are saved and love God living in the very abomination that God has already condemned. If they die having not repented their profession accomplishes nothing they will die and go to hell.

I know and have known folks caught up in that sin and they claimed to love and follow God. All they did was justify their sin to themselves and condemn themselves.
You don't know their soul Dodge! Come on man!

dodge

You don't know their soul Dodge! Come on man!

I know the word of God , which I believe and trust, says they will bust hell wide open if they do not repent and stop being same sex,and their heart has absolutely nothing to do with it. What people believe and think does NOT change God's mind.

Jerry Shugart

Maybe you did not read the poll you voted in. Here is the copy and paste of the question.

Poll: Must one be willing to stop sinning or he won't get saved?

That is an entirely different animal than salvation by grace through faith.

I believe that no one can earn or add to the salvation that Jesus provides, but when one is not willing to stop sinning how then do you suppose they have humbled themselves to God and are ready to confess their sin and then live for and by God ?

I see nothing anywhere which states that willing to stop sinning is a requirement for salvation.

Right Divider

Body part
I know the word of God , which I believe and trust, says they will bust hell wide open if they do not repent and stop being same sex,and their heart has absolutely nothing to do with it. What people believe and think does NOT change God's mind.
Earth shattering news there dodge.

dodge

I see nothing anywhere which states that willing to stop sinning is a requirement for salvation.

So if one has no desire to stop sinning or has the will to keep sinning you really believe they are serious about believing, trusting , and following God ? I do not.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
There is a war between the flesh and the Spirit. We ourselves also are found sinners. Galatians 2:17 (KJV)

dodge

There is a war between the flesh and the Spirit. We ourselves also are found sinners. Galatians 2:17 (KJV)

Changes noting. If a man or woman make the choice to live in what God calls an abomination and He eventually gives them a reprobate mind they are already judged by God.

Do you even know what a reprobate mind means ? It means they have been given a mind UN-able to make a sound judgement.

Of course there is a war either you trust and follow Jesus or you become a casualty of the war and head off to hell.

God protects His own , but if one makes the choice to live in sin and never repents they are condemned and judged guilty by God.

glorydaz

So if one has no desire to stop sinning or has the will to keep sinning you really believe they are serious about believing, trusting , and following God ? I do not.

Well, when I was saved, I wasn't under any illusions I would "stop sinning". I didn't even think it was possible. I just knew that Jesus died for me because I was a sinner. So as far as being saved, stopping sinning or not had nothing to do with it.

dodge

Well, when I was saved, I wasn't under any illusions I would "stop sinning". I didn't even think it was possible. I just knew that Jesus died for me because I was a sinner. So as far as being saved, stopping sinning or not had nothing to do with it.

Do you believe you had the "will" to keep on sinning when you were saved.

No one is under any illusions when they are born again that they will ever stop sinning , which is totally opposite of having a "will" to keep on sinning.

Again do you believe two homosexuals that proclaim their love and faith in God without repentance are born again ? I do NOT.

glorydaz

Do you believe you had the "will" to keep on sinning when you were saved.

No one is under any illusions when they are born again that they will ever stop sinning , which is totally opposite of having a "will" to keep on sinning.

I think there is a difference between will and willing.

But, in point of fact, I don't think I had a "will" to sin even before I was saved. My conscience wasn't seared.

dodge

I agree. I didn't notice the wording of the OP concerning "willing".

Those in MAD conveniently remove what God requires leaving them a truth unto their own errors, in this case a lie, for what the truth of the matter is.

Act 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

dodge

I think there is a difference between will and willing.

But, in point of fact, I don't think I had a "will" to sin even before I was saved. My conscience wasn't seared.

If a person is not willing to even try to stop sinning when they approach God I don't believe there would be any sincerity in their trusting Jesus.

DAN P

If a person is not willing to even try to stop sinning when they approach God I don't believe there would be any sincerity in their trusting Jesus.

Hi and how do you APPROACH when you are a sinner , YOU CAN NOT ,because 1 Cor 2:14 says that you will NOT and 1 Cor 2:14 says you do not !!

If you KNEW how Paul was the PATTERN , you would know how people are saved !!

dan p

glorydaz

Again do you believe two homosexuals that proclaim their love and faith in God without repentance are born again ? I do NOT.

Hey, you added that last part on. :chuckle:

I honestly can't imagine anyone being able to look into the LIGHT of the glorious Gospel without seeing the darkness within themselves. At that point of exposure, it's impossible to deny, and any attempt to excuse it would be evidence of unbelief.

glorydaz

I just can't agree with that. There are no strings attached to the gift of eternal life. God is the ONE who gives us the desire to want to do His will....after we are saved. When I believed, I trusted God would save me, forgiving all my sins. I had no idea He would begin His work conforming me into the image of the Son. I had no idea about anything except He loved me and sent His Son to die for me.

DAN P

Hi and how do you APPROACH when you are a sinner , YOU CAN NOT ,because 1 Cor 2:14 says that you will NOT and 1 Cor 2:14 says you do not !!

If you KNEW how Paul was the PATTERN , you would know how people are saved !!

dan p

Hi and still AVOIDING me , and you are good !!

dan p