Spiritual Understanding

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
SPIRITUAL UNDERSTANDING
Matt 26:41
41 "Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."
1 Cor 14:20
20 Brethren, do not be children in understanding; however, in malice be babes, but in understanding be mature.
Gal 1:10-12
10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.
11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man.
12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Matt 6:21-24
21 "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
22 "The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light.
23 "But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
24 "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.
Luke 24:16
16 But their eyes were restrained, so that they did not know Him.
John 9:32
32 "Since the world began it has been unheard of that anyone opened the eyes of one who was born blind.
John 10:20-21
20 And many of them said, "He has a demon and is mad. Why do you listen to Him?"
21 Others said, "These are not the words of one who has a demon. Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?"
John 12:39-41
39 Therefore they could not believe, because Isaiah said again:
40 "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, lest they should see with their eyes, lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, so that I should heal them."
41 These things Isaiah said when he saw His glory and spoke of Him.
Acts 9:17-18
17 And Ananias went his way and entered the house; and laying his hands on him he said, "Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you came, has sent me that you may receive your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit."
18 Immediately there fell from his eyes something like scales, and he received his sight at once; and he arose and was baptized.
Acts 26:17-18
17 'I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you,
18 'to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.'
Rom 11:7-8
7 What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded.
8 Just as it is written: "God has given them a spirit of stupor, eyes that they should not see and ears that they should not hear, to this very day."
Eph 1:17-20
17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him,
18 the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,
19 and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power
20 which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places,
Phil 4:4-9
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy-- meditate on these things.
9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.
John 8:27-29
27 They did not understand that He spoke to them of the Father.
28 Then Jesus said to them, "When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things.
29 "And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him."
John 13:7
7 Jesus answered and said to him, "What I am doing you do not understand now, but you will know after this."
Rom 15:20-21
20 And so I have made it my aim to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build on another man's foundation,
21 but as it is written: "To whom He was not announced, they shall see; and those who have not heard shall understand."
Eph 3:2-5
2 if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you,
3 how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already,
4 by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ),
5 which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets:
Eph 3:8-14
8 To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ,
9 and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ;
10 to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places,
11 according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord,
12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.
13 Therefore I ask that you do not lose heart at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.
14 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
(NKJ)

xxx There is an understanding that only comes from the Holy Spirit when our minds are purged from carnality. Knowledge is knowing what the bible says. Wisdom is how to apply what it says. Understanding is knowing why it says it.

Luke 24:45
45 And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
James 3:13-16
13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom.
14 But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth.
15 This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic.
16 For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Do you understand how many different spirits you have in you? And that every time you speak your submitting to one of them spirits?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
[Jas 2:5
5 Listen, my beloved brethren: Has God not chosen the poor of this world [to be] rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?

[Jas 2:6
6 But you have dishonored the poor man. Do not the rich oppress you and drag you into the courts?

[Rom 10:17
17 So then faith [comes] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Do you understand how many different spirits you have in you? And that every time you speak your submitting to one of them spirits?

No, not at all. I am not a drinker and have only the Holy Spirit in my soul, nothing else.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
No, not at all. I am not a drinker and have only the Holy Spirit in my soul, nothing else.

I said
I don't think you understand. The Holy Spirit doesn't live in your soul. You should read the revelation on the inner man, I think it will help you.

Danoh

Spiritual understanding is different than carnal understanding.

All it is is understanding things through the Word.

Nothing more, and nothing less.

In Corinthians 2, the Apostle Paul had basically been asserting that his spirit had received some information about the things of God by the Spirit of God, for him to speak of to the Corinthians.

But that he'd found he could not speak unto them this information about the things of God revealed unto his spirit by the Spirit of God.

Why?

For the natural man is not able to neither see these things with his natural eyes when presented to him, nor hear them with his natural hearing, when spoken to him, nor even come up with them on his own - because they are spiritually seen, heard, and understood, but the Corinthians had remained foolishly carnal in their approach to discernment of what's what.

In contrast, spiritual eyes look him the Word for their seeing, hear out the Word, for their hearing, listen with their heart for their understanding.

Which was important for the Apostle Paul had been given the mind of Christ on those things he had been preaching, and writing, and speaking about - he had been speaking the very mind of Christ Himself on those things.

Rom. 14:5; 5:6-11.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
All it is is understanding things through the Word.

Nothing more, and nothing less.

In Corinthians 2, the Apostle Paul had basically been asserting that his spirit had received some information about the things of God by the Spirit of God, for him to speak of to the Corinthians.

But that he'd found he could not speak unto them this information about the things of God revealed unto his spirit by the Spirit of God.

Why?

For the natural man is not able to neither see these things with his natural eyes when presented to him, nor hear them with his natural hearing, when spoken to him, nor even come up with them on his own - because they are spiritually seen, heard, and understood, but the Corinthians had remained foolishly carnal in their approach to discernment of what's what.

In contrast, spiritual eyes look him the Word for their seeing, hear out the Word, for their hearing, listen with their heart for their understanding.

Which was important for the Apostle Paul had been given the mind of Christ on those things he had been preaching, and writing, and speaking about - he had been speaking the very mind of Christ Himself on those things.

Rom. 14:5; 5:6-11.

I said
ok