ECT WHY I DO NOT FOLLOW JESUS !!

God's Truth

You said this:
Yes I have read the scriptures you quoted and as Paul instructed I follow Jesus NOT Paul.

Paul says, “Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. 1 Corinthians 11:1.

Paul directed folks to Jesus ! FYI Paul can save no one and that is why he directed others to Jesus who alone can save.

When others try to say we have nothing to do with saving others---

1 Corinthians 7:16 is about a husband saving his wife, or a wife saving her husband.

1 Peter 3:1 is about winning over---saving the husband with your behavior.

Romans 11:14 is about Paul somehow arousing envy in his own people to save some of them.

for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." Romans 10:13

How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? Romans 10:14

Then Philip ran up to the chariot and heard the man reading Isaiah the prophet. "Do you understand what you are reading?" Philip asked. Acts 8:30

"How can I," he said, "unless someone explains it to me?" So he invited Philip to come up and sit with him. Acts 8:31.

To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some.. 1 Corinthians 9:22..

Of course, we can have something to do with saving others.

Gal 1:6
I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel,

Notice the GRACE of Christ NOT of Paul.

I never said to replace Paul with Jesus as others do.

Paul as John and ALL the Apostles pointed others to Jesus , and yet placing Paul above every other Apostle makes you no different than a Roman Catholic the only difference being your pope is Paul.

I would never replace Jesus with anyone.

dodge

You said this:

Paul says, “Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. 1 Corinthians 11:1.

When others try to say we have nothing to do with saving others---

1 Corinthians 7:16 is about a husband saving his wife, or a wife saving her husband.

1 Peter 3:1 is about winning over---saving the husband with your behavior.

Romans 11:14 is about Paul somehow arousing envy in his own people to save some of them.

for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." Romans 10:13

How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? Romans 10:14

Then Philip ran up to the chariot and heard the man reading Isaiah the prophet. "Do you understand what you are reading?" Philip asked. Acts 8:30

"How can I," he said, "unless someone explains it to me?" So he invited Philip to come up and sit with him. Acts 8:31.

To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some.. 1 Corinthians 9:22..

Of course, we can have something to do with saving others.

I never said to replace Paul with Jesus as others do.

I would never replace Jesus with anyone.

All anyone can do is witness for and about Jesus. Can God use us as vessels ,of course, but are the ones witnessing sinless ? Of course they are not the only one ever born of a woman that was sinless in Jesus.

If one ask for directions to a destination can we take credit for them making the trip to their destination by giving them directions,Or did the one driving the car actually get them there ?
The only one that can save anyone is Jesus ! Yes , we can be INSTRUCTORS to the savior but only the savior (Jesus)can save anyone.

Acts 8:31. who do you suppose the eunuch directed the Ethiopian to ? Ans. Jesus !

1 Corinthians 9:22.. No one can witness for Jesus if the person does not relate to the one witnessing to them. So Paul became weak to the weak etc. Paul was explaining that to be able to effectively be a witness for and to Jesus he must become like them to be able to get them to listen to the Gospel.

The truth is we witness for Jesus about HIS Gospel to show them what Jesus did for them and then allow the Holy Spirit to bring conviction for their sins against God, which can lead to their salvation. We can witness but we CANNOT save them.

God's Truth

Hi and in Mark 16:16 , there are 4 vebs in the FUTURE TENSE and they are , SHALL BE SAVED and SHALL BE DAMNED and the CONTEXT is all Jewish , SO you are wrong again !!

dan p

Jesus came first for the Jews who ALREADY belonged to God. Some Jews God cut off.

The Jews who already belonged to God, they now had to go through Jesus to remain God's.

Jesus said he would not lose one that God gave him.

dodge

DAN P;4437596]Hi to all and I do not follow Jesus and YET many say that they do !

Follow as in accept his Crucifixion and payment for my sin. You don't follow Jesus' instructions pertaining to salvation then you don't go to heaven. Your choice.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus said he would not lose one that God gave him.
Except this one.

John 17:12 KJV
(12) While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

DAN P

Follow as in accept his Crucifixion and payment for my sin. You don't follow Jesus' instructions pertaining to salvation then you don't go to heaven. Your choice.

Hi and will you EXPLAIN 2 Cor 5:16 ??

If you can not say so , and I will explain it to you and Dodge !!

dan p

Danoh

Except this one.

(12) While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

What are you - a Calvinist; now? :chuckle:

God's Truth

Except this one.

And?

Judas proves that we have to do more than just believe, we have to obey.

DAN P

Hi and you are another CALLOW GUY that can say what 2 Cor 5:16 means NOR can you explain it , so what is NEW !!

Glad you came back !!

DAN P

dodge

Hi and you are another CALLOW GUY that can say what 2 Cor 5:16 means NOR can you explain it , so what is NEW !!

Glad you came back !!

DAN P

As usual you have twisted ALL of scripture into your erroneous little errors.

2Co 5:16

Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

Of course we cannot know Jesus after the flesh He is not walking the earth anymore in the flesh now is He ?

If you do not know Jesus in the Spirit, as in how we worship God, then you are heading straight for hell.

You are so confused and your teachings are blasphemy. The vert title of your OP is misleading and WRONG, but go on patting yourself on the back and admiring your lies.

DAN P

Did Paul follow Jesus' law perfectly? No.

Then why do you insist on following Paul when Jesus taught us how to love God and one another perfectly.

This is what is Christianity is all about; loving God and loving one another.

Jesus said so Himself.

Jesus is the Lord.

Hi and will you read Phil 3:7 " concerning the RIGHTEOUSNESS of the Law ( Paul ) was BLAMELESS ."

Try again !!

Can you say that ?

dan p

DAN P

Did Paul follow Jesus' law perfectly? No.

Then why do you insist on following Paul when Jesus taught us how to love God and one another perfectly.

This is what is Christianity is all about; loving God and loving one another.

Jesus said so Himself.

Jesus is the Lord.

Hi and will you read Phil 3:7 " concerning the RIGHTEOUSNESS of the Law ( Paul ) was BLAMELESS ."

Try again !!

Can you say that ?

dan p

DAN P

If you don't follow Jesus why do you claim to be a Christian?

Hi and I whether call myself a SAINT , which means holy unto , by God as written in 1 Cor 1:2 !!

So , did you become HOLY OR how were you saved , with proof !!

Are you sure ??

Who says that I do not follow Christ , YOU , so that means you are just CALLOW person !!

dan p