Jesus Fulfills the Law and the Commandments and then abolishes it, FOR US.

Robert Pate

Banned
There are no rules, laws or religion for the Christian. The call now is to live by faith in Christ and his Gospel. This is why Paul wrote, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:16. Trying to be good enough by living by rules, laws and religion will lead to your condemnation.

"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh (Laws and religion) but after the Spirit" Romans 8:1.

To walk after the Spirit is to walk in the Gospel. In the Gospel we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. Because of the Gospel we are complete in Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10. Living by rules, laws and religion is a denial of the Gospel and is anti-Gospel and anti-Christ.

Jesus and Jesus alone, is the one that fulfilled every jot and tittle of the law, Matthew 5:18 Jesus and Jesus alone is the one that atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Jesus and Jesus alone is the one that God accepted back into heaven, Hebrews 1:3. Jesus as our substitute and representative has offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to his holy law. He did this for us, in our name and on our behalf. Because of Jesus God now sees us as perfect and complete in Christ.

"For you are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God" Colossians 3:3.

I say, If you are in Christ, then play your position or as Paul said, "mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleaness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence and covetousness, which is idolatry" Romans 3:5.

To be free from the law is to be free from sin and death, Romans 6:14 To be under the law is to be under condemnation and judgment. Where there is law there must be judgment, where there is judgment there is condemnation. This is why Paul said to the Galatians,

"Tell me that you desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law?" Galatians 4:22.

The law will damn you to hell. The law is the very nature and character of God. To obey the law you would have to be Jesus Christ, who was the epitome of God's law, The law demands perfection, we don't have it to offer because our very best is still sin, Romans 3:10.

Living by laws, rules and religion will not make you a better Christian. What it will make you is a hypocrite. Paul said that the law made him sin.

"But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead" Romans 7:8.

Did you get that? "For without the law sin was dead" One reason there is so much immorality in the church today is because there is so much law preaching. They don't know what the Gospel is so they preach the law. The law is good because it convicts us of our need to be saved. Paul said that the law was our schoolmaster that brings us to Christ, Galatians 3:24. But after that faith is come and we are no longer under the schoolmaster (the law) Galatians 3:25. For we are all children of God by faith in Jesus Christ, Galatians 3:26.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul said that the law made him sin.

What a stupid interpretation. The law against murder does not cause a person to murder.

A speed limit does not cause a person to speed.

The law, any law, only holds a person accountable if the law is violated.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
What a stupid interpretation. The law against murder does not cause a person to murder.

The law is good because it convicts us of our need to be saved. Paul said that the law was our schoolmaster that brings us to Christ, Galatians 3:24. But after that faith is come and we are no longer under...

I copied this right from the OP. Pate is being misunderstood.

Robert Pate

Banned

There is something in human nature that when someone is told not to do something, they want to do it.

Adam and Eve gave no thought about the tree in the midst of the Garden of Eden until God said don't eat it of it.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
There is something in human nature that when someone is told not to do something, they want to do it.

Adam and Eve gave no thought about the tree in the midst of the Garden of Eden until God said don't eat it of it.

STOP SAYING THAT!!!

# Get the humor? : )

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The law is good because it convicts us of our need to be saved. Paul said that the law was our schoolmaster that brings us to Christ, Galatians 3:24. But after that faith is come and we are no longer under...

I copied this right from the OP. Pate is being misunderstood.

Pate is referring to a law that was added, but he has no idea what the law was added to.

If the law that was added is done away what happened to the law to which it was added?

Hint: It still remains.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Are you saying God was blind-sided, that he had no idea people were prone to sin?

That would have been incredibly short-sighted on his part.

Why don't you just stick to the Book instead of rewriting it?

Robert Pate

Banned
Are you saying God was blind-sided, that he had no idea people were prone to sin?

That would have been incredibly short-sighted on his part.

Why don't you just stick to the Book instead of rewriting it?

God tested Adam and Eve and they failed. There failure brought sin and death upon all of humanity, Romans 5:12.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
God tested Adam and Eve and they failed. There failure brought sin and death upon all of humanity, Romans 5:12.

Wasn't that by design? Did God not know humans were susceptible to sin?

Why do you think sin is a big deal?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Wasn't that by design? Did God not know humans were susceptible to sin?

Why do you think sin is a big deal?

[MENTION=9508]Robert Pate[/MENTION] ,

You're not omitting love the Lord thy God with all thy heart and soul and Love your neighbor as your self are you?

The two trees represent The Father and Law and His Logos and Love. He was warning us to not eat of HIS FATHER tree, But instead Eat of HIS LOGOS Tree.

One is being filled with God... the other is trying to be God.

john w

Hall of Fame

..... is anti-Gospel and anti-Christ.

Jesus as our substitute and representative has offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to his holy law. He did this for us, in our name and on our behalf. .........

Yes, "He did this for us," but not for the perverted reasons Pate asserts.

Pate asserts that this "offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to his holy law" is imputed to us, i.e., His perfect law keeping is credited to us; and that "vicarious law keeping" is what is "anti-Gospel and anti-Christ."

Discussed on another thread, so Pate posts another redundant thread, as usual.

Did you get that?

Romans 7:4 KJV Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Galatians 2:19 KJV For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

Romans 3:21 KJV But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Philippians 3:9 KJV And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Did you get that, Pate?

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
Yes, "He did this for us," but not for the perverted reasons Pate asserts.

Pate asserts that this "offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to his holy law" is imputed to us, i.e., His perfect law keeping is credited to us, and that "vicarious law keeping" is "anti-Gospel and anti-Christ."

Discussed on another thread, so Pate posts another redundant thread, as usual.

Romans 7:4 KJV Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Galatians 2:19 KJV For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

Romans 3:21 KJV But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Philippians 3:9 KJV And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Did you get that, Pate?

You don't get it John W. All that Jesus is and all that Jesus has done is imputed to us. How do you think that you are saved? Do you think that your faith saved you? There is no saving merit in faith. Faith is what makes the Gospel ours, it does not saves us, Jesus saves us by doing for us that which we cannot do for ourselves. Can you fulfill the law John W? Can you atone for your sins John W? No, you can't do any of that because you are a sinner. Jesus in your name and on your behalf, has vicariously offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to God's holy law. You have been on this Forum a long time and you are still as blind as a bat.

john w

Hall of Fame
You don't get it John W. All that Jesus is and all that Jesus has done is imputed to us.

No, not "all, Pate-you made that up, because you do not pay attention to the details of the book, a book of details. You post sloppiness, and are a lazy biblical idiot. His perfect law keeping was not imputed to us, as you have been shown, by myself, and others, on thread, after thread, but you keep spamming that satanic perversion of the gospel of Christ, just like Calvinists do. You talk like a Calvinist-they talk like you.

Robert Pate

Banned
[MENTION=9508]Robert Pate[/MENTION] ,

You're not omitting love the Lord thy God with all thy heart and soul and Love your neighbor as your self are you?

The two trees represent The Father and Law and His Logos and Love. He was warning us to not eat of HIS FATHER tree, But instead Eat of HIS LOGOS Tree.

One is being filled with God... the other is trying to be God.

Loving God with all of your heart and your neighbor as yourself is the two pillars of the law. Jesus is the only one that was able to do this and to do it perfectly, for us, in our name and on our behalf.

john w

Hall of Fame
How do you think that you are saved? Do you think that your faith saved you?

Already answered, by myself, and others, deceiver. You satanically assert that a believer's righteousness is imputed through the law keeping of the Saviour-satanic.

Keeping the law makes no one righteous, moron. The Saviour is righteous not because He kept the law. You can't be this stupid.

Memorize:Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Slower, Pate: Keeping the law is "just doing the minimum requirement"-it is not the righteousness of God.

A forgiven thief, executed, debt paid.....is still a thief-not righteous.

There is no saving merit in faith. Faith is what makes the Gospel ours, it does not saves us, Jesus saves us by doing for us that which we cannot do for ourselves.

Quite irrelevant to your argument, and mine,

Can you fulfill the law John W?

No, but quite irrelevant, as keeping the law, even if someone could, does not convey righteousness, Pate, as you satanically keep spamming.

Can you atone for your sins John W? No, you can't do any of that because you are a sinner.

No, but quite irrelevant, as keeping the law, even if someone could, does not convey righteousness, Pate, as you satanically keep spamming.

Jesus in your name and on your behalf, has vicariously offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to God's holy law.

No, he did not vicariously(my emphasis) offer his life of perfect obedience according to God's holy law, as you satanically keep spamming-no scripture supports that.

Again, Pate, since you are satanically deceived:

The Saviour offer his life of perfect obedience according to God's holy law,to be qualified to be the "spotless," satisfactory sacrifice, the propitiation, not so as the law He kept is imputed to us.

Hebrews 9:14 KJV
How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

You have been on this Forum a long time and you are still as blind as a bat.

Stumped me there, Pate. And I, and most of TOL,"get" that you are exposed, again, as a wolf, in sheep's clothing.

Wolfie.

Robert Pate

Banned
No, not "all, Pate-you made that up, because you do not pay attention to the details of the book, a book of details. You post sloppiness, and are a lazy biblical idiot. His perfect law keeping was not imputed to us, as you have been shown, by myself, and others, on thread, after thread, but you keep spamming that satanic perversion of the gospel of Christ, just like Calvinists do. You talk like a Calvinist-they talk like you.

You have never been able to explain to me or to anyone who Jesus fulfilled the law for? Matthew 5:18. You blow a lot of hot air but you can't answer simple questions.

It is not Satanic. What Jesus did, he did for us, just like we did it ourselves. Its called justification by faith. All who embrace the work and person of Jesus Christ as their very own are justified by faith. We are justified by faith, BECAUSE WE ARE JUSTIFIED BY CHRIST.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You have never been able to explain to me or to anyone who Jesus fulfilled the law for?

Paul answered your question, "For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross." (Colossians 1:19-29)

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul answered your question, "For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross." (Colossians 1:19-29)

We are reconciled to God by the doing and the dying of Jesus, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. God sees all things in his Son Jesus Christ.

john w

Hall of Fame
You have never been able to explain to me or to anyone who Jesus fulfilled the law for? Matthew 5:18. You blow a lot of hot air but you can't answer simple questions.

Yes I did, you deceptive troll, so stuff your "can't answer simple questions" jazz. No, Pate, you just are too stupid, or satanically ensnarled, devious, to understand my clear, often provided response. One more time, agent of satan. He fulfilled the law, perfectly, for us, but not so this perfect law keeping is credited, imputed to our account-that is your satanic assertion-vicarious law keeping, from the pits of hell.. He did it, to be qualified, to be the satisfactory sacrifice, the propitiation, as He "offered himself without spot to God.."(Hebrews 9:14)

It is not Satanic.

Yes it is, satanic one.

What Jesus did, he did for us, just like we did it ourselves.

No scripture testifies that "just like we did it ourselves"-you made that up. Even if this was true, idiot, law keeping, even kept perfectly, is not the righteousness of God, nor does it convey it.

You are either too stupid, or too ensnarled by the devil, to see it.

And your "What Jesus did, he did for us," does NADA for your "vicarious law keeping" perversion. He kept the law, "for us," in the context of being qualified, to be the satisfactory sacrifice, the propitiation, as He "offered himself without spot to God.."(Hebrews 9:14)

Its called justification by faith.

You and your fellow Calvinist belief in vicarious law keeping has NADA to do with justification by faith.

You just threw that up there, thinking it sounds scriptural-false dichotomy, quite irrelevant to the topic.

All who embrace the work and person of Jesus Christ as their very own are justified by faith. We are justified by faith, BECAUSE WE ARE JUSTIFIED BY CHRIST.

Yes, but that justification is in no way tied to the Saviour's perfect law keeping being imputed to our account, nor is it factored in our justification, as you devilishly keep spamming.

Pate: Out with...