Gap theory - Gen 1-2 ??

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Question for those that believe in the Gap Theory that includes a previous civilization of mankind living on earth before Adam and Eve.
The theory goes that GOD created the earth and male and female to live upon that earth. Then something bad happened and the earth became without form and void which resulted in the death of male and female, and any animals that were created.
GOD then made another male (Adam), and instead of creating a female along with him, GOD takes a part of Adam to form the female.
And they are told to REPLENISH the earth.

My question to those that hold this view is ........
What happened to the eternal state of the male and female created the first time, that were destroyed?
Was their death due to sin they committed?
Were they eternally damned?

Another question I have is ....
Was there only one male and one female first created, and they had offspring that married each other, or did GOD create several males and females?

Hi Tam!!! Blessings. :wave:

Did you know that the word "replenish" is the only word in English with the prefix "re" that, when it was first used (13th - 17th century), did not mean "do again"?

etymonline.com

replenish (v.) mid-14c., from Old French repleniss-, extended present participle stem of replenir "to fill up," from re-, here probably an intensive prefix, + -plenir, from Latin plenus "full" (see plenary). Related: Replanished; replenishing.

Also: https://answersingenesis.org/bible-questions/what-does-replenish-the-earth-mean/

Rondonmonson

Question for those that believe in the Gap Theory that includes a previous civilization of mankind living on earth before Adam and Eve.
The theory goes that GOD created the earth and male and female to live upon that earth. Then something bad happened and the earth became without form and void which resulted in the death of male and female, and any animals that were created.
GOD then made another male (Adam), and instead of creating a female along with him, GOD takes a part of Adam to form the female.
And they are told to REPLENISH the earth.

My question to those that hold this view is ........
What happened to the eternal state of the male and female created the first time, that were destroyed?
Was their death due to sin they committed?
Were they eternally damned?

Another question I have is ....
Was there only one male and one female first created, and they had offspring that married each other, or did GOD create several males and females?

The Universe was ordered created, since the universe is still expanding is God still creating ? No He rested, so the original command 13.7 Billion years ago created the Heaven and the Earth, but the Heavens came first, there was the Big Bang, followed by Inflation, followed by Cosmic Microwave background where after 380,000 years loose electrons cool enough to combine with protons. The Universe becomes Transparent to Light. The Microwave background begins to shine. Then the dark ages/clouds of dark hydrogen gas cool and coalesce.The first stars appear..........Gas Clouds collapse, the fusion of Stars begin, the first of which appears at about 400 million years after the Big Bang. SO............When the Bible says Darkness was on the face of the deep, God knew exactly what was happening in the very beginning !! There was 400 Million years of Darkness. This was seen by the WMAP probe that mapped out the whole universe bu using microwaves.

So the universe is not 6000 years old, it is 13.7 billion years old. Thus each day is not a 24 hour period, but a period of time between points God is emphasizing. If there was any "MAN" before Adam, whom God created from the ground and breathed a Human Soul into him, it was nothing but an animal without a Soul.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
It is a moral history, and not a literal one.

I am a creationist, and don't hold to the theory of evolution- but people need to understand that is not literal history.
I mean really- the entire event is entirely symbolic :AMR:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Universe was ordered created, since the universe is still expanding is God still creating ? No He rested, so the original command 13.7 Billion years ago created the Heaven and the Earth, but the Heavens came first, there was the Big Bang, followed by Inflation, followed by Cosmic Microwave background where after 380,000 years loose electrons cool enough to combine with protons. The Universe becomes Transparent to Light. The Microwave background begins to shine. Then the dark ages/clouds of dark hydrogen gas cool and coalesce.The first stars appear..........Gas Clouds collapse, the fusion of Stars begin, the first of which appears at about 400 million years after the Big Bang. SO............When the Bible says Darkness was on the face of the deep, God knew exactly what was happening in the very beginning !! There was 400 Million years of Darkness. This was seen by the WMAP probe that mapped out the whole universe bu using microwaves.

So the universe is not 6000 years old, it is 13.7 billion years old. Thus each day is not a 24 hour period, but a period of time between points God is emphasizing. If there was any "MAN" before Adam, whom God created from the ground and breathed a Human Soul into him, it was nothing but an animal without a Soul.
None of that answers my question of what happened to the folks that were created first and destroyed before Adam & Eve were formed.
Unless you hold the view that there was a civilization destroyed before the time of Adam & Eve, then you cannot answer the question.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I am a creationist, and don't hold to the theory of evolution- but people need to understand that is not literal history.
The creation of heaven and earth, plants, animals, man ...... is literal history.
Poetic language may be used to describe it, but it was literal history.

Rondonmonson

None of that answers my question of what happened to the folks that were created first and destroyed before Adam & Eve were formed.
Unless you hold the view that there was a civilization destroyed before the time of Adam & Eve, then you cannot answer the question.

There was no humans before Adam. I thought I made that clear. And I threw that in, but the Gap Theory has nothing to do with human creation. Its about an old earth creation, where the periods between the first day or first verse and the second had a huge Gap. I don't believe that. I believe every day had a unique length. The first day was 9.2 Billion years.

Gap Creation Wikipedia:
Gap creationism (also known as ruin-restoration creationism, restoration creationism, or "The Gap Theory") is a form of old Earth creationism that posits that the six-yom creation period, as described in the Book of Genesis, involved six literal 24-hour days (light being "day" and dark "night" as God specified), but that there was a gap of time between two distinct creations in the first and the second verses of Genesis, which the theory states explains many scientific observations, including the age of the Earth

S-word

BANNED
Banned
To comprehend what is to be said, one must understand, that the SON OF MAN, is the MOST HIGH on the Ladder of evolution. He is not a physical being and does not have the power of reproduction and continuance of species and HE is the end of the evolutionary process on earth, no life form will ever be greater that he, except the cosmic mind itself.

He develops at the close of this period of universal activity, and it is He, who is the Supreme personality of Godhead within the LOGOS. And it is he who descends into the five preceding periods of universal activity, which were swallowed by time before developing to their full potential. He is Lord to the glory of the creator.

God's son is created in paradise, which is another time dimension that co-exists within our three dimensional world, for the kingdom of God is within, and God’s son is created from the information/spirit that is gathered from the physical lives on earth. It is written in the pseudepigrapha of the OT, that when Adam was being created, his head/mind was in paradise, but his feet, (The body from which the heavenly blueprint/simulacrum is created) was on the earth.

After God had created the great beasts on the earth in the 6th creative period, the scripture says, that God was pleased with what HE saw, which seems unusual, as this is what he says at the end of his creation on the three previous days.

The spiritual godhead of the great upright walking reptiles, who was the MOST HIGH in the creation and who ruled the earth for over three million years, had to have developed a reasonable high degree of intelligence, as no species could live that long without doing so, ‘Step into the fire, rememger the pain, and you will not do that again.

The earthly species that would one day become mankind were also evolving alongside the great reptiles.

Then in the Pseudepigrapha, it is said, that God, knowing that the nature of the lower place would destroy his evolving son, he put the heavenly Adam into a deep sleep. This he did, by destroying the great beasts on the earth, from which the evolving heavenly Adam was developing, and as Adam sank into oblivion, his last word was "MOTHER" as he saw the body from which he was developing destroyed.

After all terrestrial life on earth was brought to its finish by a cataclysmic comet collision, The Lord then formed out of clay, an image of himself and commanded all the living spiritual godheads of the earthly species, which had been destroyed, to bow before his image.

This was the division of the sheep from the goats, the division of all the spirits which had been gathered into the glorious heavenly simulacrum, the brilliant light body of God’s evolving heavenly Son, the pre-human Adam.

Let me read to you from the Book of Adam and Eve, whether or not you believe what the spirit is trying to reveal to you in this story, is up to you. After Adam had been driven out of paradise and returned to the lower place just after the great event in which the life on earth had been annihilated, from which he had been formed, he cried out to the devil who was tormenting his wife ‘Eve,’ “Why do you torment us so?” And with a heavy sigh, the devil spake: “O Adam! All my hostility, envy, and sorrow is for thee, since it is for thee that I have been expelled from my glory, which I possessed in the heavens in the midsts of the angels and for thee was I cast down to the earth.’

Adam answered, “What dost thou tell me? What have I done to thee, or what is my fault against thee? Seeing that thou hast received no harm or injury from us, why dost thou pursue us? The Devil replied, “Adam, what dost thou tell me? It is for thy sake that I have been hurled from that place. When thou wast formed, I was hurled out of the presence of God and banished from the company of the angels. When God blew into thee the breath of life, and thy face and thy likeness were made in the image of God, Michael also brought thee and made us worship thee in the sight of God; and God the Lord (Jahel or Lord to the glory of El the creator) spake: Here is Adam. I have made thee in our image and likeness.” And Michael went out and called all the angels saying: “Worship the image of God as the (Lord Jah) (God El) hath commanded.” And Michael himself worshipped first; then he called me and said, “Worship the image of God the Lord.” And I answered, “I have no need to worship Adam.” And since Michael kept urging me to worship, I said to him, “Why dost thou urge me?” I will not worship an inferior being than me. I am his senior in the creation; before he was made I was already made. It is Adam’s duty to worship me.”

When the angels who were under me, heard this, they also refused to worship Adam, And Michael saith, “Worship the image of God, (The Most High and Lord of Creatures) but if thou wilt not worship him, the Lord God will be wrath with thee.” But he, said, “If he be wrath with me, I will set my seat above the stars of heaven and will be like the highest himself.” And God the Lord was wrath with me and banished me and my angels from our glory; and on thy account, were we expelled from our abodes into this world and were hurled on the earth. And straight way we were overcome with grief, since we had been spoiled of so great glory. And we were grieved when we saw thee in such Joy and luxury (In the Garden of Eden). And with guile I (The Spiritual godhead of the upright walking serpent) cheated thy wife Eve and caused thee to be expelled through her doing from thy joy and luxury, as I have been driven out of my glory, etc.

It is also written somewhere else in the Pseudepigrapha of the Old Testament, that after Satan had been hurled down to the earth of the sixth cycle of universal activity and while Adam was still in Paradise, the ruling spirit in the enclosure that was Eve, whose pregnant body today has become the entire body of mankind, then understood that God was about to bring in a new creation and he ‘THOUGHT’ to bring Adam down, and in such form (THOUGHT) he was able to deceive Eve, but he was unable to touch Adam.

It is the evolving spirit of God’s Son, who is developing within the body of EVE, the expanded and pregnant androgynous body of Mankind, which body must endure great pains and tribulation before she bears, “The Son of Man,” the new androgynous body of light that evolves from mankind.

The Kabbala describes four Adams, the two highest of which are celestial and spiritual. The third Adam is the Terrestrial Adam as he was before the fall and this Adam was also an androgene. It had when first created, a glorious simulacrum or light body.

The fourth Adam was the third Adam as he was after the fall, when he was clothed in animal skin, nerves muscles blood and bone ect. He had the animal power of reproduction and continuance of species, but in him was still some of the Light of all the preceding Adams.

And it is that light, which will cause the translation of the chosen ones, from bodies of corruptible matter, into glorious bodies of brilliant and blinding light.

6days

S-word said:
To comprehend what is to be said, one must understand, that the SON OF MAN, is the MOST HIGH on the Ladder of evolution.*

Jesus called Himself the son of man, to help us understand His humbleness being compareble to that of a slave."Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form" (Phillipians)

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
To comprehend what is to be said, one must understand, that the SON OF MAN, is the MOST HIGH on the Ladder of evolution. He is not a physical being and...blah, blah, blah

I am guessing your state is one that has recently legalized something it shouldn't have...

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Because you say so?

I am guessing your state is one that has recently legalized something it shouldn't have...

:darwinsm:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Get a load of this one from another thread.

The Ezekiel Temple in which the glorious light body of the Lord will dwell, is a Nuclear reactor, the cooling waters that flow through the Temple will empty into the dead sea, replacing the heavy mineralised waters. the priests, who enter the Temple must wear only linen clothing with no metal attachments, those cloths must be removed and decontaminated before going out among the People who would otherwise suffer from radiation sickness. It's all there matey, It's all there.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
57177629.jpg

JTP75

Can you point me to a scripture reference for this please?

Rondonmonson

Can you point me to a scripture reference for this please?

Yome means to be hot. We are not living 200 years ago or 2000 years ago. We have knowledge that those people did not have. Scientists were wrong 150 years ago, the consensus was the Universe is Eternal, while the bible stated In the Beginning, suggesting there was a beginning of time, as we know it. Not as God knows it for He is eternal of course. So those Scientists were proved wrong, and the bible was of course right.

By the same notion, w understand as Christians that light from yonder stars travel at a certain speed, thus we know exactly how old the universe is. We have actually MAPPED it out with Microwaves, its just like a Radar picture, it doesn't lie, the universe is 13.7 Billion years old. There was 400 Million years of Darkness......The Bible is proved right again, There was Darkness on the Face of the Deep !!

So what we have here is a Universe created in Six Days, with God faking all manner of fossil bones of Dinos and such, and making the light from stars speed up faster than he speed of light and natural law, just to create an earth in Six days, and make us think its much older. And many believe that because the English word Day is used as a 24 Hour Day, when the Hebrew word simply means TO BE HOT. It can also mean a period of time and about 50 other things.

OR....We have a universe that is 13.7 Billion years old, which God created over a 13.7 billion year period. and each period God spoke of was a PERIOD OF TIME. He told it in His viewpoint. There is no time with God.

So which makes more sense ? Did God fake fossils and hurry up the Laws of Nature or did he create the Universe over a 13.7 Billion year period....MAJOR CLUE BELOW:

Since God lives in the Past, Present and Future all at once, WHY would He have to change the Laws of Nature to speed up His creation? As soon as God creates something, He was seeing the finished product in the future !!

The facts are, the Universe is 13.7 Billion years old, and God created it, as soon as God gave the command, He was living in the future which was finished. The Laws of Nature were not changed, they didn't need to be, God doesn't have to wait on things.

The facts suggest that a YOWM is a period of time, just like the Hebrew says it can be. Now did the writer 3500 years ago or more have any clue what this meant ? Probably not.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
light from yonder stars travel at a certain speed,
When light bends, does it slow by resistance in the bend?

I'm not sure how can one can know that light always travels at the same speed at all times anywhere in space without knowing of every single variable that could exist.