Repentance is Limited to Gods Elect/Chosen !

Brother Ducky

Many definitions but a big one is someone with a false concept of God and/or Christ. You defend slanderously false concepts of both...your God lies about who it really loves and your false Christ lies about who it died to save.

Interesting. Who would be the arbiter of false vs. true concepts in the areas of Theology [proper] and Christology? I propose Ask Mr. Religion.

Would not this definition make most cultists, at least from one's own perspective? Even if you limit the required areas of agreement to Theology [proper} and Christology it would seem to me that most would have some areas of disagreement. Therefore at least one and maybe both have false concepts and are therefore, by definition, cultists.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What is a Christian Cult?

What is a Christian Cult?

Interesting. Who would be the arbiter of false vs. true concepts in the areas of Theology [proper] and Christology? I propose Ask Mr. Religion.

Would not this definition make most cultists, at least from one's own perspective? Even if you limit the required areas of agreement to Theology [proper} and Christology it would seem to me that most would have some areas of disagreement. Therefore at least one and maybe both have false concepts and are therefore, by definition, cultists.
A cult of Christianity is a group of people claiming to be Christian, which embraces a particular doctrinal system taught by an individual leader, group of leaders (who often claiming Gnostic-like special knowledge or divine revelation), or organization, which (system) denies (either explicitly or implicitly) one or more of the central doctrines of the Christian faith as taught in the sixty-six books of the Bible. A Christian cult also evidences a highly closed environment, wherein its adherents are hyper-managed, subjected to strict rules, ostracization when disobeying, and other behavioral restrictions to keep its members in line with the cult's views.

AMR

beloved57

See, the natural man is bound to the Law and is required to do the whole law without fault as was Adam, the natural head of man. Now naturally man is bound to the Law as long as he lives naturally, except secretly, unknown to him, he became dead to the Law by the Body of Christ Rom 7:4, which if is the case, repentance will be given them via the newbirth.

musterion

If you are in a purportedly Christian group with a "God" that lied about who can benefit from the Cross, then your "God" is not GOD, who cannot lie, and you are indeed in a cult.

Sorry to be the one to break it to you.

Last edited:

beloved57

See, if Christ didn't die for one, then they are bound to the Law, to do it perfectly or suffer condemnation of death. Heres how it works in this simile Rom 7:7

7 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

The only way the sinner isn't still married to and bound to the Law, is if Christ died for them, if He didn't, no repentance can be granted, its their natural duty to obey God's law perfectly, or else eternal damnation!

Last edited:

beloved57

The Commandment of God to repent is effectual !

Paul's sermon here in Acts 17:30

And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now [God] commandeth all men every where to repent:

This is the Sovereign God of the Universe, this is His Word of Command, for instance Ps 33:8-9

8 Let all the earth fear the Lord: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.

9 For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast.

So Gods commanding the all men to repent ensures with His own power that its done by the all men He specifically commands to repent !

Last edited:

beloved57

The Commandment of God to repent is effectual !2

The word of Gods commandment produces the desired result. When Christ commanded Lazarus Jn 11:43

And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth. Lets remember Lazarus was dead at this time:

Jn 11:14

Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.

Now the words come forth are in the greek an imperative
deuro:

(a) exclamatory: come, (b) temporal: now, the present.

in urging and calling, "Here! Come!"

The greek imperative means:

The imperative mood corresponds to the English imperative, and expresses a command to the hearer to perform a certain action by the order and authority of the one commanding.

In Acts 17:30 God is commanding all men everywhere to repent, and they shall do it, as many as God has Granted repentance Acts 11:18

When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Last edited:

blackbirdking

I'm sorry you rejected God but maybe jesus will save you anyway.

If you're sorry that I rejected God you don't love God. If I rejected God, it's because God willed it. Are you sorry that I am doing God's will? I'm actually one of the 'elect' because I'm doing His will!

Matthew 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Are you one of the 'elect'?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
If you're sorry that I rejected God you don't love God. If I rejected God, it's because God willed it. Are you sorry that I am doing God's will? I'm actually one of the 'elect' because I'm doing His will!

Matthew 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

I'm one he loves

Eagles Wings

If one rejects God, it is on them.

We Calvinists actually LOVE, John 3:16.

blackbirdking

If one rejects God, it is on them.

What do you mean, "it is on them"?

We Calvinists actually LOVE, John 3:16.

Everybody loves something; what do you love?

This whole thread misses a very good Calvinistic point; the unelected do not need to repent. They are simply doing the will of the Father and are part of the family.

A Calvinist's God does not ask everyone to repent; only those wicked enough to need it. Apparently, the rest of us were born into the family without repenting; God's will was programed into us.

beloved57

What do you mean, "it is on them"?

Everybody loves something; what do you love?

This whole thread misses a very good Calvinistic point; the unelected do not need to repent. They are simply doing the will of the Father and are part of the family.

A Calvinist's God does not ask everyone to repent; only those wicked enough to need it. Apparently, the rest of us were born into the family without repenting; God's will was programed into us.

A bunch of foolish nonsense not in scripture !

blackbirdking

Your foolish none sense isn't scripture !

What part of Matthew 12:50 isn't scripture? You believe we all do your god's will; and, you believe the elect must repent, and the rest of mankind don't repent. So, it follows that none are really damned based upon this scripture which you can't refute.

So..., this thread is ridiculous because repentance isn't necessary in order to do your god's will. One big happy family; why the thread?

I think you're trying to convince yourself.

beloved57

What part of Matthew 12:50 isn't scripture? You believe we all do your god's will; and, you believe the elect must repent, and the rest of mankind don't repent. So, it follows that none are really damned based upon this scripture which you can't refute.

So..., this thread is ridiculous because repentance isn't necessary in order to do your god's will. One big happy family; why the thread?

I think you're trying to convince yourself.
Matt 12:50 is scripture, it didn't originate from you.

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app