The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
No, no one can have faith in the one and only Jesus unless they come through the Jesus of the Holy Bible.

Thankfully for the rest of the world your opinion doesn't mean anything. Just because you bought into a false doctrine doesn't mean everyone else will.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Freelight and Caino are thieves who do not go through the gate.

This statement is totally false and absurd. You were already given a clear discourse by Jesus about being the 'door' in the UB record HERE. I suggest you read the material first before making ignorant statements. Part 4 in the UB contains a complete record of the entire human life of Jesus and his ministry, much more than what the NT provides. Therefore if you want to know what it teaches, read it for yourself. Otherwise, you cant judge, and speak from ignorance and presumption like some of the other bigots here.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
No, no one can have faith in the one and only Jesus unless they come through the Jesus of the Holy Bible.

Says you? I know of many other accounts of Jesus that are not a part of the canon of the NT,....so does the world. See John further on that matter.

God's Truth

This statement is totally false and absurd. You were already given a clear discourse by Jesus about being the 'door' in the UB record HERE. I suggest you read the material first before making ignorant statements. Part 4 in the UB contains a complete record of the entire human life of Jesus and his ministry, much more than what the NT provides. Therefore if you want to know what it teaches, read it for yourself. Otherwise, you cant judge, and speak from ignorance and presumption like some of the other bigots here.

You have a another Jesus.

It is not by the gate.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You cannot trust writings from other sources.

I could just as much as I trust any book in the Bible, that would depend on the nature, integrity, history, content, purpose, caliber of whatever writing is being considered. Any book in the Bible would be held under the same standard of scrutiny. 'God' isnt limited to a book, neither a canonized collection, since that was selected and written by men. Sure,...man can be more or less inspired to write and to assemble words, but the standard of truth-discernment is from within and by the Spirit of God, concerning any religious or philosophical writing, no matter who sanctions it or what religious cult produced it.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You have a another Jesus.

It is not by the gate.

You've been given the direct discourse from the UB record of Jesus confession of being the 'DOOR'. If you believe that the Jesus speaking those words, confirming John's record but EXPANDING on it, to be 'another Jesus',...that is your opinion conditioned by your own bias/bigotry, since the fact of this discourse being in the UB refutes your assumption.

God's Truth

You've been given the direct discourse from the UB record of Jesus confession of being the 'DOOR'. If you believe that the Jesus speaking those words, confirming John's record but EXPANDING on it, to be 'another Jesus',...that is your opinion conditioned by your own bias/bigotry, since the fact of this discourse being in the UB refutes your assumption.

No, you are the one whose denomination stole that part from the Bible, then cut out and threw away parts you not liked and added other parts.

We must believe God not man. Your traditions nullify God's word.

God's Truth

I could just as much as I trust any book in the Bible, that would depend on the nature, integrity, history, content, purpose, caliber of whatever writing is being considered. Any book in the Bible would be held under the same standard of scrutiny. 'God' isnt limited to a book, neither a canonized collection, since that was selected and written by men. Sure,...man can be more or less inspired to write and to assemble words, but the standard of truth-discernment is from within and by the Spirit of God, concerning any religious or philosophical writing, no matter who sanctions it or what religious cult produced it.

Again, if you believe in an Almighty God, then you must know that God can preserve His Word, and that He did and it is called the Holy Book, the Holy Bible.

You cannot chop it up and take out what you want and add to it.

Your book did not come around until sometime in the 1900's. Your beliefs take away the teachings of God as stated in the Old Testament and New Testament. You make a whole different God and Jesus when you do that.

Jesus says salvation is from the Jews...that confirms that the Old Testament is true. You however throw it out and through suspicion on it.

Either God is Almighty or He is not. You make Him not.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Probing infinity......

Probing infinity......

Again, if you believe in an Almighty God, then you must know that God can preserve His Word, and that He did and it is called the Holy Book, the Holy Bible.

You cannot chop it up and take out what you want and add to it.

Your book did not come around until sometime in the 1900's. Your beliefs take away the teachings of God as stated in the Old Testament and New Testament. You make a whole different God and Jesus when you do that.

Jesus says salvation is from the Jews...that confirms that the Old Testament is true. You however throw it out and through suspicion on it.

Either God is Almighty or He is not. You make Him not.

The UB is not "my book",....it just happens to be one religious book among many others out there, - this thread happens to be discussing that book, and hence my contributions as one who has some knowledge and study of it over the years. It is a book of universal appeal and significance, as far as epochal revelations go, whether one chooses to believe its claims or cherry-picks parts that resonate with him while tossing other parts out,...people do that with the Bible too :) - I'm very eclectic, and respect truth wherever it is found.

I enjoy many different religious books or world scriptures out there, I'm not limited to the Bible alone. But I go further and access planetary, even cosmic libraries of knowledge :)

You cant put 'God' in a box.

1. GOD'S EVERYWHERENESS

3:1.1 The ability of the Universal Father to be everywhere present, and at the same time, constitutes his omnipresence. God alone can be in two places, in numberless places, at the same time. God is simultaneously present “in heaven above and on the earth beneath”; as the Psalmist exclaimed: “Whither shall I go from your spirit? or whither shall I flee from your presence?”

3:1.2 “`I am a God at hand as well as afar off,' says the Lord. `Do not I fill heaven and earth?'” The Universal Father is all the time present in all parts and in all hearts of his far-flung creation. He is “the fullness of him who fills all and in all,” and “who works all in all,” and further, the concept of his personality is such that “the heaven universe and heaven of heavens (universe of universes) cannot contain him.” It is literally true that God is all and in all. But even that is not all of God. The Infinite can be finally revealed only in infinity; the cause can never be fully comprehended by an analysis of effects; the living God is immeasurably greater than the sum total of creation that has come into being as a result of the creative acts of his unfettered free will. God is revealed throughout the cosmos, but the cosmos can never contain or encompass the entirety of the infinity of God.

God's Truth

The UB is not "my book",....it just happens to be one religious book among many others out there, - this thread happens to be discussing that book, and hence my contributions as one who has some knowledge and study of it over the years. It is a book of universal appeal and significance, as far as epochal revelations go, whether one chooses to believe its claims or cherry-picks parts that resonate with him while tossing other parts out,...people do that with the Bible too :) - I'm very eclectic, and respect truth wherever it is found.

I enjoy many different religious books or world scriptures out there, I'm not limited to the Bible alone. But I go further and access planetary, even cosmic libraries of knowledge :)

You cant put 'God' in a box.

1. GOD'S EVERYWHERENESS

3:1.1 The ability of the Universal Father to be everywhere present, and at the same time, constitutes his omnipresence. God alone can be in two places, in numberless places, at the same time. God is simultaneously present “in heaven above and on the earth beneath”; as the Psalmist exclaimed: “Whither shall I go from your spirit? or whither shall I flee from your presence?”

3:1.2 “`I am a God at hand as well as afar off,' says the Lord. `Do not I fill heaven and earth?'” The Universal Father is all the time present in all parts and in all hearts of his far-flung creation. He is “the fullness of him who fills all and in all,” and “who works all in all,” and further, the concept of his personality is such that “the heaven universe and heaven of heavens (universe of universes) cannot contain him.” It is literally true that God is all and in all. But even that is not all of God. The Infinite can be finally revealed only in infinity; the cause can never be fully comprehended by an analysis of effects; the living God is immeasurably greater than the sum total of creation that has come into being as a result of the creative acts of his unfettered free will. God is revealed throughout the cosmos, but the cosmos can never contain or encompass the entirety of the infinity of God.

Jesus of the Holy Bible only.

You cannot partake from the Lord and from demons.

1 Corinthians 10:21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons.

Other gods are demons. The preaching of other doctrines are the doctrines of demons.

1 Timothy 4:1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

Acts 19:26
And as you see and hear, not only in Ephesus, but in nearly the whole province of Asia, Paul has persuaded a great number of people to turn away. He says that man-made gods are no gods at all.

1 Corinthians 10:20 No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons.

Caino

BANNED
Banned

You cannot partake from the Lord and from demons.

1 Corinthians 10:21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons.

Other gods are demons. The preaching of other doctrines are the doctrines of demons.

1 Timothy 4:1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

Acts 19:26
And as you see and hear, not only in Ephesus, but in nearly the whole province of Asia, Paul has persuaded a great number of people to turn away. He says that man-made gods are no gods at all.

1 Corinthians 10:20 No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons.

There are no demons anymore and Paul's letters were just his opinion. He didn't know any better.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist

John said: Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written. (this appears to be an exaggeration, but the point is taken)

The NT is not the only record neither necessarily contains all that Jesus ever said or did. There were many other gospels back in the day, and more recent religious texts have attempted to express and preserve the sayings of Jesus as well,...see our thread on Gospel of Thomas here :)

There is also the Gospel of the Holy 12 (or Nazareine Gospel), the Aquarian Gospel, Gnostic and Essene scriptures and others that contain sayings of Jesus, plus the UB, and some channeled works. Like everything, you weigh the content, meaning and value of the teachings and correlate them with all other facts and records, at last using your own intelligence, reason, logic and conscience, and spiritual discernment.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
John said: Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written. (this appears to be an exaggeration, but the point is taken)

The NT is not the only record neither necessarily contains all that Jesus ever said or did. There were many other gospels back in the day, and more recent religious texts have attempted to express and preserve the sayings of Jesus as well,...see our thread on Gospel of Thomas here :)

There is also the Gospel of the Holy 12 (or Nazareine Gospel), the Aquarian Gospel, Gnostic and Essene scriptures and others that contain sayings of Jesus, plus the UB, and some channeled works. Like everything, you weigh the content, meaning and value of the teachings and correlate them with all other facts and records, at last using your own intelligence, reason, logic and conscience, and spiritual discernment.

Glad to see you're still lost in a "Maelstrom of Lunacy."

Caino

BANNED
Banned
THE REAL NATURE OF RELIGION

101:0.1 RELIGION, AS A human experience, ranges from the primitive fear slavery of the evolving savage up to the sublime and magnificent faith liberty of those civilized mortals who are superbly conscious of sonship with the eternal God.

101:0.2 Religion is the ancestor of the advanced ethics and morals of progressive social evolution. But religion, as such, is not merely a moral movement, albeit the outward and social manifestations of religion are mightily influenced by the ethical and moral momentum of human society. Always is religion the inspiration of man's evolving nature, but it is not the secret of that evolution.

101:0.3 Religion, the conviction-faith of the personality, can always triumph over the superficially contradictory logic of despair born in the unbelieving material mind. There really is a true and genuine inner voice, that "true light which lights every man who comes into the world." And this spirit leading is distinct from the ethical prompting of human conscience. The feeling of religious assurance is more than an emotional feeling. The assurance of religion transcends the reason of the mind, even the logic of philosophy. Religion is faith, trust, and assurance."

God's Truth

God knew what would be written down and that is what He wanted us to know.

No way are we to look to other gods, which are demons.

No, we do not pick and choose what we want to believe. That is called being a thief, and it is calling believing things that tickle your ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.