The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's a reasonable question, Dave. I'm sure we all would appreciate an answer.

It's just not an argument and I'm not on the witness stand, I'm the attorney for the flat earth defense. If you have an argument to make, make it. I'm not going to help you.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm sorry to be so insulting in some of my responses to these videos. Just understand that it isn't aimed at you. I just cannot get my head around that fact there are people who think that these arguments pass for clear thinking. It offends me as an insult to my inteligence.

How can anyone find it convincing, no matter which side the arguer is on, when they effectively argue that shadows should fall in some direction other than straight away from the light source and then to support his "argument" he shows shadows falling in straight lines away from light sources?

I mean, seriously! :bang:

I'm not sure that's what he was saying.

--Dave

chair

Ok, so how does sun rise and sun set debunk flat earth?

--Dave

Dave. If the Earth is flat, and night and day are caused by the sum getting farther away, then we should see the sun getting smaller as it sets in the far distance. It the Earth is round and the sun goes around it, we should see the bottom of if disappear below the horizon, then gradually the rest of it, till it is all gone.

So- just go out and watch a sunset. what do you see?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I'm not sure that's what he was saying.

--Dave

That's exactly what he was saying! What else could he have been saying?

He was basically saying, "Look at those shadows of the clouds falling straight away from the light source that is causing them! Now, watch this! The shadow made by this piece of cardboard falls straight away from the light source too! Therefore the Sun can't be far away!"

That was his whole argument!

One other thing. If the light from the Sun came down the way his argument presupposed then the Sun would take up the entire sky and whatever shadows there were would be cast straight down as if it were noon all day long. No one, neither flat-earther nor normal person, suggests that this is the way sunlight hits the Earth. That is not what is meant when we say that the light beams from the Sun are parallel. They are parallel but that doesn't mean that they aren't coming from the Sun! If the Sun is to your left, your shadow is going to fall to your right - every time! I don't care how far away it is.

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ok, so how does sun rise and sun set debunk flat earth?

--Dave
Dave you posted this picture as a diagram of the flat earth model.

View attachment 25418

In that picture neither the sun nor the moon would sink behind the horizon. Instead they would only get smaller as they got further away from my point of view. Yet everyday I see the sun set at night as it drops entirely behind the horizon and then it rises the next morning peaking up from behind the horizon.

Furthermore what I see is the opposite of your model. When the sun sets (and when it rises) it appears much larger than in the middle of the day when (according to your model) it would be the closest to me.

In your own words can you tell me why the sun would set behind the horizon in a flat earth model?

Last edited:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I've asked him many different (but relatively simple) questions that he has either ignored or outright refused to answer. I wouldn't hold your breath to get your question answered.

Why do you think Dave is persisting with this nonsense? He is either trolling us or he really believes it. He stated earlier in this thread that the flat earth model is the biblical model, so is he trying to make Bible-believing Christians look like fools? Fortunately, no one else here seems to have bought into it.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Why do you think Dave is persisting with this nonsense? He is either trolling us or he really believes it. He stated earlier in this thread that the flat earth model is the biblical model, so is he trying to make Bible-believing Christians look like fools? Fortunately, no one else here seems to have bought into it.
Every time I hear or read someone who says that the Bible teaches a flat earth, I always point out that the leader of the flat earth society is an atheist with close ties to evolution and the Big Bang.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Every time I hear or read someone who says that the Bible teaches a flat earth, I always point out that the leader of the flat earth society is an atheist with close ties to evolution and the Big Bang.

The other leading loon from whom Dave gets his info is Eric Dubay, and Dave is fond of pointing out that he is a pagan. Dubay also claims that the moon, sun, planets, etc, are all flat. So that shows how much he knows.

Is there such a thing as a demon of stupidity, and if so, has Dave become possessed by one?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave you posted this picture as a diagram of the flat earth model.

View attachment 25418

In that picture neither the sun nor the moon would sink behind the horizon. Instead they would only get smaller as they got further away from my point of view. Yet everyday I see the sun set at night as it drops entirely behind the horizon and then it rises the next morning peaking up from behind the horizon.

Furthermore what I see is the opposite of your model. When the sun sets (and when it rises) it appears much larger than in the middle of the day when (according to your model) it would be the closest to me.

In your own words can you tell me why the sun would set behind the horizon in a flat earth model?

You did not see the video on the sun that I posted so your wrong about the flat earth model. One can always reject a straw man.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave. If the Earth is flat, and night and day are caused by the sum getting farther away, then we should see the sun getting smaller as it sets in the far distance. It the Earth is round and the sun goes around it, we should see the bottom of if disappear below the horizon, then gradually the rest of it, till it is all gone.

So- just go out and watch a sunset. what do you see?

The time lapse video I posted show that the earth gets smaller as it sets.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Flat earth is a growing movement today and I think it needs to be addressed.

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.