New Member Here From North Carolina!

Tony Trout

Howdy, everyone!

My name is Tony Trout and I'm a 40-year-old disabled individual (Cerebral Palsy & Hydrocephalus) who, thankfully, is still here after being told that I wouldn't live to see my teenage years due to my birth circumstances (2llbs, 9oz - three months premature. I was sixteen months old before I was allowed to go home from the hospital).

I'm a firm believer in Christ and always will be. He's gotten me through so much and brought me this far that there's no way I could thank Him enough for what He's done for me.

I appreciate ya'll letting me join. I hope I'll be a valuable member here.

God Bless,
Tony Trout

Tony Trout

Thanks, everyone!!! I'm a member of a bunch of other forums (Elvis Presley-related & musician forums & Lynyrd Skynyrd) so I'm not sure how much I'll be around here but - I will do my best to post as much as possible. I'm a huge Elvis Presley fan and have been for over thirty years. I've been a Lynyrd Skynyrd fan for twenty years (don't shoot me! Some pastors around here where I live would say I'm Hell-bound because I listen to secular music as well as Christian music (I hate labels being put on music, by the way).

Again, I appreciate the Mods/Admins allowing me to join & I thank ya'll for your welcome!!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Thanks, everyone!!! I'm a member of a bunch of other forums (Elvis Presley-related & musician forums & Lynyrd Skynyrd) so I'm not sure how much I'll be around here but - I will do my best to post as much as possible. I'm a huge Elvis Presley fan and have been for over thirty years. I've been a Lynyrd Skynyrd fan for twenty years (don't shoot me! Some pastors around here where I live would say I'm Hell-bound because I listen to secular music as well as Christian music (I hate labels being put on music, by the way).

Again, I appreciate the Mods/Admins allowing me to join & I thank ya'll for your welcome!!
Have you ever been trout fishing?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
pp_Welcome_Wagon_079.gif

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't like to fish
:jawdrop: COMMIE!

and I don't like jokes about my last name. No offense meant. I dealt with enough of that in high school (I actually had to drop out due to the verbal and physical abuse) so.....
Your sensitivities may not survive TOL.
We make fun of everything, even ourselves.
:chuckle:

Hang in there.

Tony Trout

It wasn't a joke and

I don't care what you like

:p

Pipe down woman. What's the matter, feeling old and bitter again? FYI, I wasn't joking about asking if he was ever trout fishing, and I really don't care if he like jokes or not. Lay off the booze

Nope, never been trout fishing - although, I did catch a yellow perch once. And that one time was my only time I went fishing. I just ain't got the patience to throw out bait to a fish and wait for them to bite.

As for jokes? That depends on the type of joke. Like I said earlier in the thread, if you start picking on me because of my last name, I will get defensive on you very quickly. Those types of jokes (and the physical abuse from students - including setting my own jacket on fire with me in it and them making fun of the way I walk due to the Cerebral Palsy was the main reason I dropped out of high school during my Junior year. So close to graduating and I let a few adults that were acting like kids to get to me to the point where it stopped me from finishing high school. I now deeply regret that decision - but I'm also still gun-shy about going back to school to get my GED because of the past failures. :(