White Lives Matter

Arthur Brain

Yes you are.
You are complaining that it should have never been a law to begin with.
But it was a law, AB.
It's not different than today's laws that I don't think should have ever been a law to begin with.

No I'm not. I'm categorically stating that those laws that treat black people as inferior citizens were an absolute load of prejudiced bollocks and it's a blight on humanity's history. Not arguing over the legality of such at the time, just asking you whether you think they were asinine and unjustified in principle also. What's tripping you up here? Why can't you just answer the point away from the laws of the time and just say they were wrong? It's like you're trying 'every which way but loose' to just give a straight answer on it.

Or a 'I don't care either way' what seats on a bus are reserved for who.

If they make a law tomorrow that whites must sit at the back of the bus, I'll be sitting at the back of the bus BECAUSE IT's THE LAW.
And it won't make me feel inferior because of where I'm sitting on a bus.
That bus will take me to my destination no matter where I'm sitting on it.
And that's the whole point of riding a bus in the first place, to get to your destination.
Fussing about what seat you can sit in is just nitpicking because the purpose of the bus is to get you to your destination, and it will do that no matter where you are sitting.
Mission accomplished.

Oh please. You're not thick Tambora so stop trying to make this literally about sitting on a designated area on some form of public transport. You know damn well the principle in play here so stop evading the point. You know fine well that that people were being treat as inferior and frankly I don't buy that you wouldn't be absolutely up in arms over any such infringement on your personal rights even if such a law were passed tomorrow where women weren't allowed to post on the internet. Hey, you might stay within the law but don't kid anyone for a second that you wouldn't be seething if your personal liberties had been overturned and utterly unfairly at that.

Now how about you just consider for a second just what it was like for people who had to put up with being treat like crap just because their skin colour wasn't the same as yours?

Nope.
It's been in practice for thousands of years, and I don't recall GOD ever condemning it.

When you think of slavery, you conjure an image of Hollywood's Simon Legree in Uncle Tom's Cabin or the KKK.
I've read about slavery in many cultures throughout history, so the image I conjure is not so limited.

I don't conjure any such imagery at all as it goes but then it's not surprising you'd automatically jump to such a conclusion. In a modern and supposedly civilized world there's just no place for it.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Some laws are unjust and meant to be broken.
Is that what you have taught your children --- that it's ok to break the law if you do not agree with the law?
How many laws have you been breaking, Anna?

How would you like to be taken into slavery, starting tomorrow?
If I were in a situation where I had no home and no money to buy food, I would welcome it.

The slave traders will be there to pick you up at 4 a.m. sharp - be ready!
I don't need them at this time.
But thanks.
Good to know there is a backup if I have nothing to support myself.

Arthur Brain

It was my parents that encouraged me to think for myself.
Try being a good parent and not depending on school to teach your kids that important lesson.
Cause as we have seen in that video, teachers can mess up kids minds.
They need to stick to reading, writing, and arithmetic.

Who taught the folk that treating people like inferiors because of skin colour was the way to go? If you'd been born black you wouldn't have had the same privileges as your Caucasian counterpart so spare me...

They are not stupid.
And I'm watching TV with my husband right now.
I might watch some more YT videos later.

True, they're bloody moronic...

:e4e:

Arthur Brain

Is that what you have taught your children --- that it's ok to break the law if you do not agree with the law?

If I were in a situation where I had no home and no money to buy food, I would welcome it.

But thanks.

Yay, let's get rid of any welfare support system and re-introduce slavery! Problem solved...

:cloud9:

marhig

It's obvious that whites are the superior race on earth -
What? It's not the colour of the skin, it's the heart that counts.

We can have a black candle, and a white candle, but they both burn the same light. This is the same for those in the body of Christ, regardless of skin colour.

God doesn't look too see what shade of skin we are, he just wants a soft ground to plant his seed in!

Our skin colour is irrlevent, God looks to the heart! Why do you think that white people are superior?

Reactions: Lon

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

I break the law every day when I get on the freeway, because I never go the speed limit.

I'm sure there are laws people a lot of people break, and would break. If the law told you that you could only have two children, like in China, and you got pregnant with a third child would you dutifully present yourself at the abortion clinic? Because that was the law for many years there.

But thanks.

Oh, but the slaves didn't get to choose whether or not they wanted to be slaves, so you wouldn't have the luxury of a choice.

Danoh

It's propaganda, and only people that have never been encouraged to think for themselves and end up with low self-esteem and rely on others to tell them how they should feel would ever fall for.
It's over-inflated peer pressure.
Raise your children to think for themselves, to be realistic that they will excel in some things and suck at other things, and not to look for excuses to blame another for their shortcomings, and to not be offended by every little nit-picking thing that others think or say.
And for pete's sake, tell them that everyone does NOT deserve a trophy.
You shouldn't get a trophy for something you suck at.

You obviously haven't a clue what you actually observed in that video :chuckle:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No I'm not. I'm categorically stating that those laws that treat black people as inferior citizens were an absolute load of prejudiced bollocks and it's a blight on humanity's history. Not arguing over the legality of such at the time, just asking you whether you think they were asinine and unjustified in principle also. What's tripping you up here? Why can't you just answer the point away from the laws of the time and just say they were wrong? It's like you're trying 'every which way but loose' to just give a straight answer on it.
It doesn't matter whether I think a law is bad or not, it's still the law.
The law is the law whether anyone thinks it is just or not.
And you are going to be arrested if you break the law, just as Rosa Parks was arrested for breaking the law (crappy law or not).

We had crappy laws in the past.
We have crappy laws now.
Doesn't matter how crappy they are, they are the law.

Oh please. You're not thick Tambora so stop trying to make this literally about sitting on a designated area on some form of public transport.
THE LAW was that blacks were to sit at the back of the bus.
Do you understand that I cannot go back and change the past no matter how crappy I think a law was at that time?
What happened, happened (crappy or not).
It's over.
Been over for many many years.
I just don't dwell on it as if it has anything to do with what one can do today.
Whatever laws we have today is what I dwell on.
And there are many I think are crappy, but they are still THE LAW.

You know damn well the principle in play here so stop evading the point.
I'm not evading the point.
I have talked candidly about it.
I'm just not going to get backed into the very small corner of your agenda about a history that no longer applies.
There are no laws of segregation based on skin color.
None.
Hasn't been for many years.
So how is it relevant now?

Affirmative action was created just for non-whites.
Do you think that was crappy to base that principle of privilege on ethnicity?

You know fine well that that people were being treat as inferior
AB, there are, and have been, whites that think that blacks are sub-human.
And there are, and have been, blacks that think that whites are sub-human.
And no law has changed their mind.

and frankly I don't buy that you wouldn't be absolutely up in arms over any such infringement on your personal rights even if such a law were passed tomorrow where women weren't allowed to post on the internet. Hey, you might stay within the law but don't kid anyone for a second that you wouldn't be seething if your personal liberties had been overturned and utterly unfairly at that.
Whether you buy it or not makes no difference.

Now how about you just consider for a second just what it was like for people who had to put up with being treat like crap just because their skin colour wasn't the same as yours?
Why????????????
Why on earth would I want to pretend I had some bad experience that I never really experienced?
That seems like self torture, and an unhealthy thing to do.

I don't conjure any such imagery at all as it goes but then it's not surprising you'd automatically jump to such a conclusion.
Frustrating as hell when people do that, isn't it?

marhig

It doesn't matter whether I think a law is bad or not, it's still the law.
The law is the law whether anyone thinks it is just or not.
And you are going to be arrested if you break the law, just as Rosa Parks was arrested for breaking the law (crappy law or not).

We had crappy laws in the past.
We have crappy laws now.
Doesn't matter how crappy they are, they are the law.

THE LAW was that blacks were to sit at the back of the bus.
Do you understand that I cannot go back and change the past no matter how crappy I think a law was at that time?
What happened, happened (crappy or not).
It's over.
Been over for many many years.
I just don't dwell on it as if it has anything to do with what one can do today.
Whatever laws we have today is what I dwell on.
And there are many I think are crappy, but they are still THE LAW.

I'm not evading the point.
I have talked candidly about it.
I'm just not going to get backed into the very small corner of your agenda about a history that no longer applies.
There are no laws of segregation based on skin color.
None.
Hasn't been for many years.
So how is it relevant now?

Affirmative action was created just for non-whites.
Do you think that was crappy to base that principle of privilege on ethnicity?

AB, there are, and have been, whites that think that blacks are sub-human.
And there are, and have been, blacks that think that whites are sub-human.
And no law has changed their mind.

Whether you buy it or not makes no difference.

Why????????????
Why on earth would I want to pretend I had some bad experience that I never really experienced?
That seems like self torture, and an unhealthy thing to do.

Frustrating as hell when people do that, isn't it?
What if the law goes against God? What should we do then?

Danoh

Or maybe you don't have a clue.

Considering that Jeremiah and Ezekiel address that kind of thing; that the Lord addresses that exact same kind of thing in Matt. thru John; that the Apostle Paul addresses that very kind of thing both in 1 Corinthians and Galatians and so on, but it did not even cross your mind that they do; I'd say I have more than a clue :D

Heck you and yours remain in denial that you and your little club on TOL in fact practice the very kinds of exclusions both that video is portraying and that is repeatedly written against even in the Scripture.

You're just too wilfully blind to see it.

You only think you understood that experiment.

Yes, you and yours.

I still luv ya and will defend ya in a moments' notice; but facts are facts.

Danoh

That's a good illustration of Right Wing Authoritarianism at work there.

Some laws are unjust and meant to be broken.

How would you like to be taken into slavery, starting tomorrow?

The slave traders will be there to pick you up at 4 a.m. sharp - be ready!

Lol

You two are two of my favorite TOLers.

Man o man that was hilarious.

:rotfl:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What if the law goes against God? What should we do then?
Unless it's a law to worship another god, you best not break a law.

There will be some exceptions due to situation, such as speeding to rush a child to the hospital.
While still being against the law to speed, and one may still get a ticket and have to pay a fine, I would break the law in that situation.

marhig

Unless it's a law to worship another god, you best not break a law.

There will be some exceptions due to situation, such as speeding to rush a child to the hospital.
While still being against the law to speed, and one may still get a ticket and have to pay a fine, I would break the law in that situation.

God comes first before any of man's laws, I uphold man's laws as long as they aren't going against God.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I never said that I am or have, but if it came to it, and I believed that a law was against God, then I would!
Oh, ok.

Worshiping another god would be a no-brainer. Break it.
But what sort of law, other than worshiping another god, can you think of that would be considered one that you would need to break?