Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2027282930

Thread: Discussion thread for: Battle Royale XIII

Over 750 post club The Graphite's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great comics, I'll have to snap those up!

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Graphite View Post

Great comics, I'll have to snap those up!
    XKCD is hilarious. However, it is sometimes inappropriate. Be forewarned, if you browse.
    Check out my blog, Through A Glass, Dimly (aglassdimly.com)

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Presidential Election 2008 - Is it Immoral to Vote for McCain/Palin? Battle Royale XIII ...........................hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

let me think......................................hummmmm mmmmmmmmmm

yeah......................................

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was it immoral to vote for McCain/Palin? Or, the now relevant question, was it immoral to vote for Romney/Ryan?

I'd say, in a limited sense, yes. Ultimately, I think this is the kind of thing that is between an individual and God, not a clear cut issue that would deserve church discipline like someone living in fornication or getting drunk every weekend or that sort of thing. There's no specific Biblical "Thou shall not."

On the other hand, you're still aiding and abetting a man who WILL do things that are clearly unbiblical.

Personally it just seems stupid as really McCain would be little different than Obama. If anything, he'd be worse, as he was an imperialist BEFORE he got into office. If you think Obama foreign policy was bad, can you imagine a McCain regime? And with the foreign policy comes our freedom and our economy. The right to life issue is very important, and McCain doesn't do much better there, but its not the ONLY issue. There's a lot to politics and I think its important to remember that.

My dad voted for Romney in 2012. Romney was not quite as bad as McCain, but the tradeoffs are pretty similar. He's a pastor. I don't think he's unqualified to hold that position. I don't think his vote for Romney disqualifies him from that position, at least not by itself. Similarly, I don't think a vote for Obama, or McCain, would disqualify a person from that sort of ministry, at least not by itself.

Mind you, I don't say that you can cast such a vote for ANY REASON while still being qualified. If a person says that he's going to vote for Obama, or McCain, BECAUSE they are pro-choice and they think murdering children should be legal, that's not the same as genuinely picking one or the other as a "Lesser evil."

Assuming the best of intentions, I'd say a vote like this is more stupid than outright evil. First of all, your vote doesn't really count. One vote NEVER wins an election. So to throw it to a guy that only gets less than half the issues right is, at best, a total waste. Second of all, even if your vote does decide, it won't change much of anything anyway.

If what you want is more of George W. Bush type Republican, by all means, vote for people like McCain or Romney. But if you want an actual conservative, or a libertarian, or something in more of that direction, voting for these sorts of people is a moral compromise without even having anything to gain from it.

I do, ultimately, feel like its a violation of Romans 3:8. That's my personal conviction. So I won't do it. Honestly, if I actually had to DECIDE between McCain or Obama, I'd pick Obama, however reluctantly, since I fear McCain's foreign policy. But I would never actually vote for either one of them. Both are evil. Chuck Baldwin, an actual conservative, was on the ballot, and I believe that a vote for him would have been far better than anyone in 2008...

2012 was far trickier, but nonetheless, I think Gary Johnson was the least awful of the candidates that year, and he was genuinely offering a different message. That said, he sucked on Federalism issues, so I could respect a vote for Virgil Goode either. A vote for Romney or Obama is just cowardly in my mind. Maybe not actively sinful, I guess that's a matter of individual conviction (For me it would be) but definitely stupid and cowardly with nothing to gain.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,892 Times in 5,279 Posts

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    Was it immoral to vote for McCain/Palin? Or, the now relevant question, was it immoral to vote for Romney/Ryan?
    Yes on both.

I'd say, in a limited sense, yes. Ultimately, I think this is the kind of thing that is between an individual and God, not a clear cut issue that would deserve church discipline like someone living in fornication or getting drunk every weekend or that sort of thing. There's no specific Biblical "Thou shall not."
    While you are in sin for your rejection of the gospel, those in Christ have no sin. And yes there is a prohibition against voting for evil. You shall love God with all your heart mind and soul.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

Tambora (October 31st, 2016)

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'd probably take a somewhat more hard-line stance on this than I would have back in July. And I probably couldn't support someone like Gary Johnson anymore. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he got as many votes as he did, the votes for him definitely showed that some people were at least willing to stand for something, but the man was far too liberal. I might still cast the ballot for him if that was the absolute best option (No write-in option, no other third party candidate that was equivalent) but I don't think I'd spend as much time trying to convince other people to do so as I did back then. All of the candidates in that election sucked.

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even still, I care more about what someone supports in general than who they vote for on election day. I met a VERY strong constitutionalist who nonetheless held his nose and voted for Romney. You didn't vote for Romney, yet you are a supporter of murder. He's not evil, you are.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Presidential Election 2008 - Is it Immoral to Vote for McCain/Palin? Battle Royale XIII
    GodsfreeWill and The Graphite vs. WandererinFog and Nicholsmom

In this thread feel free to discuss Battle Royale XIII. Who's winning and why?

( Proverbs 8:14-17 ) --14- “Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength. 15- ( By me kings reign ), and ( princes decree justice ). 16- By me ((( princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges ))) of the earth. 17- (((( I love them that love me )))); and those that seek me early shall find me”.

( John 14:15 KJV ) – 15- “(( If ye love me, keep my commandments ))”.

(( John 15-19 KJV )) – 19- “ ( If ye were of the world, the world would love his own ): but because ye are not of the world , but ( I have chosen you out of the world ), ((( therefore the world hateth you )))”.

( Romans 3:10-12 KJV )

((( Who is ALL This written to )))?? – And Who is it that couldn’t care less what He says??? – Just READ IT!!, - and Love IT, - or NOT!!!! – “IT” is Him!!!

Paul – 101413
    ---Gal. 4:16.
    ---"Am I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth"???

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Presidential Election 2008 - Is it Immoral to Vote for McCain/Palin? Battle Royale XIII
    GodsfreeWill and The Graphite vs. WandererinFog and Nicholsmom

In this thread feel free to discuss Battle Royale XIII. Who's winning and why?

( Proverbs 8:14-17 ) --14- “Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength. 15- ( By me kings reign ), and ( princes decree justice ). 16- By me ((( princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges ))) of the earth. 17- (((( I love them that love me )))); and those that seek me early shall find me”.

( John 14:15 KJV ) – 15- “(( If ye love me, keep my commandments ))”.

(( John 15-19 KJV )) – 19- “ ( If ye were of the world, the world would love his own ): but because ye are not of the world , but ( I have chosen you out of the world ), ((( therefore the world hateth you )))”.

( Romans 3:10-12 KJV )

((( Who is ALL This written to )))?? – And Who is it that couldn’t care less what He says??? – Just READ IT!!, - and Love IT, - or NOT!!!! – “IT” is Him!!!

Paul – 101413

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ooopppsss!!

Paul -- 101413

Thread Information