NFL Off Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Curtis Samuel of Ohio State set the building on fire and nobody noticed his 4.31. His problem is that he is a tweener. So is the other Big Ten standout Jabril Peppers of Michigan.He can't cover NFL wide outs, and he is too small to be a LB. Great college player though.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Myles Garrett just ripped off a 4.64 in the 40. He also did 33 reps of 225.

Jerry Shugart

Snoop Dogg is a huge Steeler's fan:
Jay-Z is a huge fan of the Boys. So are Denzel Washington, LeBron James, Clarence Thomas, Carrie Underwood, Jamie Foxx, Kate Bosworth, Russell Westbrook, Eva Longoria, Bryce Harper, Eminem, Stone Cold Steve Austin, George W. Bush, Kelly Clarkson, Allen Iverson, Grant Hill, Clayton Kershaw, Demi Lovato, Chris Paul, Chris Rock, Omar Epps, John Wall, and Chris Christie to name just a few.

There is only one America's Team and it ain't the lowly Steelers!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He expressed his desire to play for the Boys!

Well, the factory of sadness didn't get to be the factory of sadness by taking the best prospect in the draft with the top pick. Those idiots will do something that makes no sense. And Tet will snicker to himself about it.

PyramidHead

Redskins extend Jay Gruden for 2 more years, he is now tenured until 2020.

Old news but we also got Tomsula to be the D Line coach, which is really my favorite Redskins move this year. Chris Baker's agent seems positive about recent talks with us. We just gotta get on this Kirk long term deal situation.

SaulToPaul 2

Christian McCaffrey only did 10 reps of 225. That is quite low, but you can't debate his on field success. Cook did an impressive count 22. The fat running back from Oklahoma Samaje Perine cranked out a very high 30, which will put some linemen to shame. Perine is the single game rushing record holder in FBS. Which is a shame also, he did it by running over sub par competition.

Even I can do ten reps...a 45 year old desk jockey.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Even I can do ten reps...a 45 year old desk jockey.

The NFL does it to burst the bubble of the single rep amount of smaller people that don't have to push as far or use the full range of motion. They stand over top and count it out and say "you need to lock out", when they are not actually going all the way up and down.

He is a hell of a football player though.

Jerry Shugart

My man Patrick:

Patrick Mahomes II, QB, Texas Tech

"Mahomes, who measured in at 6-foot-2, 225 pounds, put on an impressive display in the on-field workouts, showing that he can make all of the throws. He also put up the best 20-yard shuttle (4.08 seconds) time and third-best three-cone drill (6.88) time and had a solid 40-yard dash (4.8). The former Red Raider signal-caller is more of a thrower than a pitcher who can pick his spots at this point, but his arm talent is undeniable. He's extremely raw -- his footwork and mechanics on tape are maddeningly inconsistent -- and the air raid system in which he played will likely cause some hesitation among teams. From all I've heard, however, Mahomes is a sponge who wants to learn and develop, and he'll work hard to learn the playbook when he's drafted. I think Mahomes is entrenched as the fourth quarterback in this draft -- behind Mitch Trubisky, Deshaun Watson and DeShone Kizer -- and he's in the mix to be picked in the second or third round."

He won't make it into the second round!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I just came from one of my football boards and we were talking about how deep the secondary is this year. That means the Steelers will get better. They have needed some secondary help for a couple of seasons and there is a load high level talent.

If the Giants move up, they could be Super Bowl contenders because they will be able to contain all passing with one more elite player or 2 good ones. They did very well with Collins and Apple, and that is what is needed against a league whose rules are bent on passing success.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Even Big Ten mediocre Minnesota has a lock down corner. For example, from NFL.com

Strengths Allowed a completion rate of just 39 percent over the last two seasons. Compact frame with quick hands. Able to mirror and punch out of press coverage to slow receivers from press release. Can run. Has the ability to carry long speed down the field or close out against receivers who get an early jump on him. Plays with good foot quickness for sudden stops from bump-and-run. Plays with plus balance in his coverage. Shows no hesitation when it is time to come up in run support. Has returned kicks for three seasons.

Weaknesses Unable to maintain cushion from off-coverage due to tight backpedal. Needs to get better at balancing eyes between receiver and quarterback. Lacks pattern recognition and anticipation. Displays some stutter in his transition to close. Will opt to play the receiver at times rather than attacking the path to the ball. Below average hands gave away sure-fire interceptions this season. Ball skills down the field are below average. Allows receivers to generate too much separation through hand fighting and he can be late to turn and find the ball.

He didn't need those skills in college when he cuts an electronic 4.28 in the 40. Yes, he ran a 4.28. Good franchise like New England, Denver, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Green Bay....can bring him along. I saw him because I have the Big Ten Network, and they do excellent coverage of schools not named Michigan and Ohio State.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Osweiler to the Browns. Makes no sense for the price, but it's the Browns so it actually makes sense. Maybe the wanted him to trade again.

Status
Not open for further replies.