John Calvin's Nazi God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagles Wings

Your God is an unjust tyrant that delights in sending people to hell.

It is not humanly possible to love and trust in your God.
You place conditions on a sovereign God, whereas I do not.

I believe that each person who comes to Him by faith will be saved because that is His promise to His beloved.

ALL who come to faith in Christ, come by the working of the Holy Spirit.

None will be lost to God as He well knows.

Soli Deo Gloria

Robert Pate

Banned
You place conditions on a sovereign God, whereas I do not.

I believe that each person who comes to Him by faith will be saved because that is His promise to His beloved.

ALL who come to faith in Christ, come by the working of the Holy Spirit.

None will be lost to God as He well knows.

Soli Deo Gloria

God is sovereign only within his holy, just, merciful, righteous nature. God cannot and will not sin against himself or his created beings.

The way that people were saved in the New Testament was by hearing and believing the Gospel, Acts 2:41. In the Gospel we are justified by the doing and the dying of Jesus, Romans 3:26.

No one receives the Holy Spirit without embracing the Gospel as their only means of salvation, Galatians 3:2.

Eagles Wings

God is sovereign only within his holy, just, merciful, righteous nature. God cannot and will not sin against himself or his created beings.

The way that people were saved in the New Testament was by hearing and believing the Gospel, Acts 2:41. In the Gospel we are justified by the doing and the dying of Jesus, Romans 3:26.

No one receives the Holy Spirit without embracing the Gospel as their only means of salvation, Galatians 3:2.
The difference between you and I is that you believe man has a part to play in his justification. I do not. Perhaps we will have to leave it at that.

Robert Pate

Banned
The difference between you and I is that you believe man has a part to play in his justification. I do not. Perhaps we will have to leave it at that.

God does not impose salvation on anyone. If he did that he would be unjust. Nothing is yours if it is not received by faith, John 1:12.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist

Yet you cannot deny that man's freedom to respond EXISTS, so must accept the 'compatibilist' view of free will, since to deny it altogether is irrantional and complicates reformed theology even more. So,..you accept that man has the freedom to respond, but its all according to a predestined election and orchestration by God. There are some subtle nuances in between,...tinker as you please :)

In any case as we've demonstrated elsewhere, a covenant is a free will agreement and co-operative effort between 2 persons or parties,...so it is maintained 'synergestically'. Of course all that exists, all in potential and possibility is because of God's love, so all transpires within his divine providence. A true and holistic theology accepts both the freedom of man and the sovereignty of God, each soul operating within the liberties and potentials innate to their constitution and ability to function. Such freedoms are maintained within providence.

God's Truth

Hello, EW.

That person does indeed believe and obey by the power of the Holy Spirit.

No one is saved until they believe and obey first.

I think the Creator acts upon His creature to bring them to faith, then keeps them forever as we talked about yesterday. I've never doubted this my entire Christian life, GT.

God tells us to search for Him. He also searches our hearts and minds. If we didn't have to do anything, then why would He tell us to search and why would He search us?

I also know that we obey as an act of that faith, and as the Holy Spirit prompts us. This is also true of repentance, which you talk of daily. One who is indwelt with the Spirit of God is prompted daily to turn from sin and live a life of holy obedience.

We may depart somewhat in our understanding of justification because I believe it is once and done and is based on God's unmerited grace toward His people. I do not obey to be justified, I obey because I am justified.
Jesus justifies those he chooses and he chooses those who believe and obey.

Once justified, there is a promise to keep us forever, not based on our obedience, based on Christ's.

We have to obey to stay saved.

Eagles Wings

Yet you cannot deny that man's freedom to respond EXISTS, so must accept the 'compatibilist' view of free will, since to deny it altogether is irrantional and complicates reformed theology even more. So,..you accept that man has the freedom to respond, but its all according to a predestined election and orchestration by God. There are some subtle nuances in between,...tinker as you please :)

In any case as we've demonstrated elsewhere, a covenant is a free will agreement and co-operative effort between 2 persons or parties,...so it is maintained 'synergestically'. Of course all that exists, all in potential and possibility is because of God's love, so all transpires within his divine providence. A true and holistic theology accepts both the freedom of man and the sovereignty of God, each soul operating within the liberties and potentials innate to their constitution and ability to function. Such freedoms are maintained within providence.
Monergism! Kumbaya!

God's Truth

I cringe when reading Nazi,unjust,failure,insane when referring to Our Lord, in this thread.

Robert Pate's god is insane. Robert has told me that I am going to hell because I said I obeyed to get saved.

His god is not my god. Why would you think they are the same? How would you ever get that I would say that about Jesus?

Status
Not open for further replies.