White Lives Matter

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hardly, but you keep on posting how witty you are and how other people aren't, it's really convincing.

:)
His lack of self-awareness is only surpassed by what he doesn't know about me. :think: And that's saying something...now if only he would.

I see you're starting to fall apart at the seams.
But no...

Good for you. I wish you luck in trying to find new appropriate material. I sincerely desire you to catch up with me. I may soon have to purchase a pair of Binoculars in order to see how far back you are. I'll, periodically slow down a bit so you can catch up. This is my promise to you, TH. You can take it to the Bank of your choice. Unless you keep your money buried in the backyard or under your mattress.
You know what I love about that?

Don't be angry TH, I'm just doing my job. My job is to keep you humble.
But not nearly as much as:
I know you pride yourself on being one of the most pretentious/arrogant posters on TOL,
If your back was an ocean we'd all be under water.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
His lack of self-awareness is only surpassed by what he doesn't know about me. :think: And that's saying something...now if only he would.

But no...

You know what I love about that?

But not nearly as much as:

If your back was an ocean we'd all be under water.

I hate to be the one to announce this, however, I really don't see any improvement. However, at least you're making an attempt, that says something. The problem is, "The Something" is pretty close to nothing. Try and hang in there my dear fellow. Someday you're bound to hit "pay dirt." It's all in the numbers, my friend, and fellow poster. I hate seeing someone of your stature fall short of their goals. Winners win and, well, losers lose. That's the name of the game pal.

I want you to know, I'm rooting for you. It may be a lost cause, however, that's the chance I'm willing to take.

Danoh

I was under the impression that the holy spirit saves people, not lobotomizing them. You do not get to get away with denying reality just because you claim to have a spirit that tells you otherwise. How long will you fundamentalists abuse the teachings of Paul on the wisdom of the world as opposed to the wisdom of God? It has NOTHING to do with Christians knowing the truth about empirical reality as described by the natural sciences, it has to do with overturning Greco-Roman worship of power, instead he preaches Christ crucified and the values associated with that.

Excellent post :thumb:

That is actually referred to as The Grace Life Principle by MANY within Mid-Acts OUTSIDE OF TOL.

So, don't go all "one size fits all" just because some who profess holding to MAD obviously neither have a clue of said principle, nor show much of the fruit of the Spirit its' OBJECTIVE application is meant to allow.

1 Corinthians 14:15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

Danoh

Great speech.

With this qualifier...

Some years ago, when I first began my adult work life, I found myself with a severe injury that did not allow me to put food on my table and was let go.

After much soul searching, I finally went down to the local Welfare office to get some sort of financial aid.

The woman behind the desk right away began to give me that attitude of people who look down their noses at others in such a predicament.

I let her have it; and good.

I still recall the gist of what I told her - "Look you; I'm not here for your help because I want to be, but because I have to be until I can work again, in six months or so. You have a job because I need your help; either earn your pay, or find yourself some other line of work - are we clear?"

At which point, she earned her pay, life, went on, and six months later I was celebrating to high heaven my freedom from that dependence with my new job.

I was on cloud nine. I was also greatful that financial aide had been there when I'd needed it.

These issues are NEVER as extreme black or extreme white as the ever clueless in his own vacuum of reasoning the extremist on all sides of the fence ever make them.

Case in point, it is obvious in that video that two extremes are at odds within his audience.

He, on the other hand appeared much more objective than said audience.

Which side were you on, while watching that?

I was in the middle - where objectivity as to all sides of a thing is possible.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Great speech.

With this qualifier...

Some years ago, when I first began my adult work life, I found myself with a severe injury that did not allow me to put food on my table and was let go.

After much soul searching, I finally went down to the local Welfare office to get some sort of financial aid.

The woman behind the desk right away began to give me that attitude of people who look down their noses at others in such a predicament.

I let her have it; and good.

I still recall the gist of what I told her - "Look you; I'm not here for your help because I want to be, but because I have to be until I can work again, in six months or so. You have a job because I need your help; either earn your pay, or find yourself some other line of work - are we clear?"

At which point, she earned her pay, life, went on, and six months later I was celebrating to high heaven my freedom from that dependence with my new job.

I was on cloud nine. I was also greatful that financial aide had been there when I'd needed it.

These issues are NEVER as extreme black or extreme white as the ever clueless in his own vacuum of reasoning the extremist on all sides of the fence ever make them.

Case in point, it is obvious in that video that two extremes are at odds within his audience.

He, on the other hand appeared much more objective than said audience.

Which side were you on, while watching that?

I was in the middle - where objectivity as to all sides of a thing is possible.

Nick? Nick's on the only side that matters to him....Nick's-side.

For Nick's sake...hope his side remaons solvent.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You tell him, Gros. Spanked their boy Cornwallis
What regiment were you in? :plain:

then saved their island from hailin' Hitler.
What was the fighting like and how much of it did you and your buddies see? Or, you could as easily say the West owes Britain for holding on as long as it did, giving us a base to fight from, etc. They took a brutal pounding, that little island. A great people.

The Brits owe us more than most of them realize today and few will admit.
I'm always proud of my nation's contributions to freedom and its role in fighting the evil Hitler represented. But I'm fair enough to understand America didn't come into the fight until the Japanese forced its hand. Our nation turned away Jewish refugees and shared too much of the bigoted sentiment that strangled conscience and allowed it to become a force to begin with.

The old, good ones remember and are still grateful.
I knew a Marine who saw action in both theaters. You'd never know it to look at him later in life. Soft spoken, mild fellow (mostly) with medals his wife had to force out of the cupboard. He fought with and admired his friends across the pond. What he called them affectionately, isn't for reprint on this site.

He would differ with your idea that they owed us. He'd have told you we owed the world what we told it we were and that we were too late to realize that, but that when we did it was something to witness. And he did.

The punk AB doesn't even count.
Oh put a sock in it already.

Last edited: