Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Eric and Bob Wrestle With political Strategy

Monday November 12th, 2005. This is show # 226.

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
Bob Enayrt: We have Samuel Alito who voted to keep it legal to kill late term babies in New Jersey upholding the legality of partial birth abortion. And we have Gary Bauer, a leading pro-life Christian, defending Samuel Alito saying that's exactly what we want our judges to do because he's upholding the law.

Caller Eric: He's respecting precedent is what I think Gary Bauer is trying to say, isnt' that correct?

Bob: Yeah. And what Gary Bauer did in saying that was he became guilty of the same bloodshed that Samuel Alito is guilty of.

Eric: I don't think that he should have said that he should respect precedent but that is the job of those judges to respect precedent...

Bob: It's the job of a hitman to murder the innocent. What's the difference?

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Koban, of course. Let's say you are a judge. If the law and precident says that you should execute the jew that stands before you because that jew was hording eggs. Do you follow the law and precident, or do you legislate from the bench and not have the jew killed?

koban

If you are a judge, sworn to uphold the laws of the land, you follow law and precedent.

Sorry, but that's the cost of becoming a judge.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
koban said:
If you are a judge, sworn to uphold the laws of the land, you follow law and precedent.

Even if it costs innocent human lives?

koban

Yes, if that's what the law specifies.

Of course, I personally wouldn't remain a judge under those circumstances.

I'd become a legal activist and push for change in the law.

koban

I wouldn't - that's why I couldn't be a judge with the current state of legislation.

:confused: Why do you think I'm defending abortion?

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
koban said:

I thought the same thing as Knight - "ouch"

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
koban said:
I wouldn't - that's why I couldn't be a judge with the current state of legislation.

:confused: Why do you think I'm defending abortion?
Then is there any acting judge you would support? Do you support Judge Alito?

koban

Yorzhik said:
Then is there any acting judge you would support? Do you support Judge Alito?

None that I'm aware of.

Re Alito - I suppose he's as good as any, which is to say nothing at all.

No judge should be freelancing their interpretations of law or finding new "rights" unspecified in the constitution. The battle for the end to abortion on demand needs to be fought in the legislative chambers, not in those of the judiciary or even executive branch.

Granite

Hall of Fame
There's no winning with you people.

What in the blue would it take for you to shut up and support a nominee, already? Alito's an outstanding jurist and would make a fine addition to the court.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Granite said:
There's no winning with you people.

What in the blue would it take for you to shut up and support a nominee, already? Alito's an outstanding jurist and would make a fine addition to the court.
Except for the killing babies part...

Status
Not open for further replies.