child naming crisis - please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
My wife and I had decided to name our unborn boy Jackson Paul (followed by our last name). Now someone in the family has stepped forward and accused Jackson of being a "hood" name and my wife won't go for it anymore. All negotiations have broken down and are going nowhere.

Please give us some ideas. And no jokes or funny business please....we need serious ideas. I'll entertain any idea put forth on this board.

Thanks

C

cattyfan

a "hood" name? I think the family critics owe you and your wife an apology for ruining such a special time for you and your wife.

It's a perfectly decent name.

God's blessings on your bundle of boy.

the Sibbie

Well, there is a Michael Jackson...he's just ruined it for everybody. Until that pervert is executed, those names are tainted.

Jake might make a good replacement for Jack.

C

cattyfan

Jackson on the birth certificate...Jack for every day.

as for Michael Jackson...he's a nonfactor.

C

cattyfan

He calls it "Number 8"

Lots of abstracts and surrealism in Pollack's work. Some very interesting pieces....but I still like Peter Max better.

Ninjashadow

That's too bad, I've always like the name Jackson. I had a friend who had the nickname Rough Jackson.

As for a name, are you looking for something somewhat unique?

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
I'm with Cattyfan. Our intent was Jackson for the paperwork, Jack for everyday. I always loved the name Jack. But I really wanted to use Roger, but she totally won't go for it.

Emo

I like the names Colton, Elijah, & Elliott.

I also like the name Action Jackson.

NarrowWay

Awww, shucks!
LIFETIME MEMBER
There was a kid on our soccer team that both he and his brother were named after some famous "Jack's" One was named Keegan and the other was named Cooper and the youngest was named Kennedy. A unique approach, but you could only take it so far. As a kid I wouldn't want someone calling me Nicholson all day!! :)

julie21

Ezekiel [Zeke for short]
Tyrone [best boy's name ever!]
Rory [ Calhoun's dead now, so no one would know!]

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Since your wife won't go for Jackson how about Jefferson or Franklin.Delmar is a good name too!

Chileice

Originally posted by deardelmar

Since your wife won't go for Jackson how about Jefferson or Franklin.Delmar is a good name too!

Delmar? Not if you've seen "O Brother Where Art Thou". Sorry bout that Delmar.

How about James Aaron?

Status
Not open for further replies.