Other Ways the NT is blocked here

Interplanner

If you would just show us the CANCELLATION of the LAND PROMISE, we will see it.

Otherwise, you just a bag of hot air as usual.

The total wrath written against Israel was meted out in the destruction of Jerusalem. God is done with the child trainer stage of dealing with people. No land promise is mentioned in the NT because it is unnecessary, it is backward and it is unthinkable.

The power of the kingdom he meant to set up came in the Holy Spirit, in God's time, not theirs, Acts 1-2.

Any questions?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here is some simple logic for you:
  • God promised Israel a kingdom and a land.
  • Even if the land PROMISE is not REPEATED....
  • It is STILL TRUE.
You are so dense.
Yep.
It would be idiotic to think that everything written in the OT has to be repeated in the NT or else it cannot still be true.
Since IP cannot find any verses in the NT that rescind the promise, then IP is just going to have to accept that there never has been a time GOD rescinded His promise.

Right Divider

Body part
The total wrath written against Israel was meted out in the destruction of Jerusalem. God is done with the child trainer stage of dealing with people. No land promise is mentioned in the NT because it is unnecessary, it is backward and it is unthinkable.

The power of the kingdom he meant to set up came in the Holy Spirit, in God's time, not theirs, Acts 1-2.

Any questions?
Nope, I understand your silly opinions just fine.

According the the Great IP, God can fail to fulfill His promises without notice.

God does NOT do that.

Right Divider

Body part
Yep.
It would be idiotic to think that everything written in the OT has to be repeated in the NT or else it cannot still be true.
Since IP cannot find any verses in the NT that rescind the promise, then IP is just going to have to accept that there never has been a time GOD rescinded His promise.
IP is crazy and illogical. He will not accept simple facts or logic.

SaulToPaul 2

Yep.

:up:

SaulToPaul 2

Any questions?

You have a major problem, because the prophets talk about both of these things:

1. God allowing Jerusalem to be destroyed and Israel scattered
2. God coming to defend Jerusalem against it's enemies

You only believe #1.
You discard #2.

Danoh

As always with D'ism and 2P2P, right where the NT answers a question they are dealing with, they have a completely different one!

Where is the land promise in Rom 3 or 9?

In Romans 3, it is the stated fact that Unbelieving Israel's failure has not made God's fidelity to His promises and all the rest there as to Believing Israel of none effect.

In Romans 9, it is in Paul's citing of various Israelite Prophets; including Hosea and Isaiah - quotes each of which in their fuller, orginal context speak to the issue of God's fidelity to His various promises as to Believing Israel and Judah, despite Unbelieving Israel.

But you long ago ran with a your misinterpretation of why Paul quoted, say; Hosea and Isaiah there, and can no longer see the obvious...

That he was quoting all he quotes in Romans 9 as one example after another from Israel's past where God "saith ALSO" (unto both Believing and Unbelieving Israel) that He had put His plans and purposes on hold as to them during Israel's disobedience, that He might first do something else during said disobedience of theirs (Jacob's Unbelieving sons) before turning back to Israel to both deal with their Unbelievers in judgment, followed by His delivering His promises as their Believing ones.

Instead, you end up at the ridiculous idea that Paul is saying that Hosea and Isaiah were writing of Jews and Gentiles as some sort of a new, supposed "spiritual Israel."

Again, all Paul is doing in Romans 9 is citing example after example from other times in Israel's past wherein EACH of God's TEMPORARY DELAYS as to His fulfilling of His Promises concerning His Prophied Plans as to Israel had "ALSO" not only been His Sovereign right alone; EACH delay not only had been justified, but EACH had been ONLY TEMPORARY.

It is what it is.

HERE ARE SOME MORE EXAMPLES...

Malachi 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

3:7 Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return? 3:8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. 3:9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. 3:11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts. 3:12 And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts. 3:13 Your words have been stout against me, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, What have we spoken so much against thee? 3:14 Ye have said, It is vain to serve God: and what profit is it that we have kept his ordinance, and that we have walked mournfully before the LORD of hosts? 3:15 And now we call the proud happy; yea, they that work wickedness are set up; yea, they that tempt God are even delivered. 3:16 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name. 3:17 And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him. 3:18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

The same means later inspired in Paul - the use of examples of times in Israel's past wherein God had delayed both His pending wrath upon, and His blessing AFTER said wrath...as to JACOB'S sons.

Another...

James 1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting. 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; 1:3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. 1:4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 1:7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. 5:17 Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. 5:18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.

There it is - "to the TWELVE TRIBES" - NOT - gathered as "ONE fold," as REPEATEDLY Promised unto ISRAEL, by God, but STILL "scattered abroad" - James' REMINDER to THEM that God's delays were not His denials.

Again, the use of this means of examples unto ISRAEL from the past...

2 Peter 3:1 This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance: 3:2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour: 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

SaulToPaul 2

You have a major problem, because the prophets talk about both of these things:

1. God allowing Jerusalem to be destroyed and Israel scattered
2. God coming to defend Jerusalem against it's enemies

You only believe #1.
You discard #2.

:idunno:

IP the Great Genius and Gentleman Scholar?

Interplanner

:idunno:

IP the Great Genius and Gentleman Scholar?

There is a new Jerusalem/kingdom that cannot be shaken, Heb 12. At the end of the long reign of Christ, it is oppressed all over the world, (Rev 21) and rescued. It is never a 'city' as we know it like Portland. Then in a mere moment, there is the NHNE, which is 'new' physically (ie in terms of physics): Christ is the temple; God is the light; there is no sun.