ECT So How Does the Christian Teaching Differ With Judaism about the Land?

Interplanner

I'm sure every 2P2Per on here is aware that there was the bit of difference between the Christian beliefs and Judaism. You know, the conflict. Well, I was wondering if you could spell it out and then, when you get to the 'land promise' explain what is the difference between the two, since there was basically a conflict all through. Enough for Paul to make a career out of enforcing Judaism against the Christians...

Jerry Shugart

So How Does the Christian Teaching Differ With Judaism about the Land?

The Christians who actually believe what is written in the OT prophecies concerning the promised land agree with the meaning which the OT saints put on those things.

For instance, we true believers understand that when the words "the land" which the LORD gave to Jacob in this passage is referring to the actual "land" which is located in the Middle East:

"And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever" (Ez.37;25).

True believers know that this prophecy has never been fulfilled ever in the past because the Jews have not ever lived in that land "forever."

However, there are some people who have no place in their man-made eschatology for the fulfillment of this prophecy in the future. They try to somehow change the plain meaning of what is written there in order to try to make that prophecy conform to their mistaken ideas. It is a pitiful thing to see them taking out their editing pencils in a vain effort to edit what is plainly said in the Scriptures!

These same people have somehow been able to trick there minds into believing the most ridiculous ideas. Here Sir Robert Anderson describes these people perfectly

"In no other sphere save that of religion do men of intelligence and culture willingly subject their minds to delusions. The historic Church once tried to compel belief that this planet was the fixed centre of the solar system; but who believes it now? Men cannot be made to believe that water runs uphill, or that five and five make anything but ten. In no other sphere can they be induced to stultify reason and common sense. But in religion there seems to be no limit to their credulity"
(Anderson, The Bible or the Church? [London: Pickering & Inglis, Second Edition], 61).​

Interplanner

The Christians who actually believe what is written in the OT prophecies concerning the promised land agree with the meaning which the OT saints put on those things.

For instance, we true believers understand that when the words "the land" which the LORD gave to Jacob in this passage is referring to the actual "land" which is located in the Middle East:

"And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever" (Ez.37;25).

True believers know that this prophecy has never been fulfilled ever in the past because the Jews have not ever lived in that land "forever."

However, there are some people who have no place in their man-made eschatology for the fulfillment of this prophecy in the future. They try to somehow change the plain meaning of what is written there in order to try to make that prophecy conform to their mistaken ideas. It is a pitiful thing to see them taking out their editing pencils in a vain effort to edit what is plainly said in the Scriptures!

These same people have somehow been able to trick there minds into believing the most ridiculous ideas. Here Sir Robert Anderson describes these people perfectly

"In no other sphere save that of religion do men of intelligence and culture willingly subject their minds to delusions. The historic Church once tried to compel belief that this planet was the fixed centre of the solar system; but who believes it now? Men cannot be made to believe that water runs uphill, or that five and five make anything but ten. In no other sphere can they be induced to stultify reason and common sense. But in religion there seems to be no limit to their credulity"
(Anderson, The Bible or the Church? [London: Pickering & Inglis, Second Edition], 61).​

I understand the delusional mind, Jerry, which is exactly why I try to stop 2P2P. You bypass, undercut, shortcircuit the NT in its plain, historical, grammatical sense all the time. That results in it meaning anything and everything, and in there being no proof or disproof of anything it says.

Please gear your superb writing clarity to the question at hand instead of 10000 other questions: define the conflict between Christ's gospel and Judaism--or do you not realize there is any in early Acts--you know, the martyr thing,the opposition thing, the arrests, the persecution, that guy who has police powers to stop sects, things like that.

SaulToPaul 2

I understand the delusional mind, Jerry, which is exactly why I try to stop 2P2P. You bypass, undercut, shortcircuit the NT in its plain, historical, grammatical sense all the time. That results in it meaning anything and everything, and in there being no proof or disproof of anything it says.

Please gear your superb writing clarity to the question at hand instead of 10000 other questions: define the conflict between Christ's gospel and Judaism--or do you not realize there is any in early Acts--you know, the martyr thing,the opposition thing, the arrests, the persecution, that guy who has police powers to stop sects, things like that.

You like to talk about anything but what the scripture actually says.

Interplanner

You like to talk about anything but what the scripture actually says.

You mean it does not talk about conflict with Judaism, persecution, martyrdom, Paul the Phariff (Pharisee sherriff)? Are you referring to the Revised Bludgeoned Version that you often quote from Hebrews?

Interplanner

btw, do you really want your footer to end up ridiculing a writer who opposes political correctness? Did you know that 2P2P is a form of PC? Way to go STP.

musterion

IP is getting bored with being ignored so he's back to asking false questions he doesn't want answered.

As with all trolls, it is all about attention.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Two peoples, two programs is the essence of eschatology, without which Dispensationalism does not exist"--Ryrie, DT, late 1960s. I was 12 then, using 3 syllable words at most.
The distinct two peoples is the kingdom of Israel and the BOC.
The BOC never fell that it needed to be restored, and therefore no prophesy of the fall and restoration of the BOC.
The kingdom of Israel does have prophesy of their fall and their restoration.

Things that differ are not the same.

Interplanner

Bc he doesn't care about our 'sequences' anymore! Acts 1! We are not going to know and it doesn't matter.

Everything that matters is fulfilled in Christ.

There is no re-instituting the old covenant or its equipment or places etc. There is no sense to it, no need.

SaulToPaul 2

Bc he doesn't care about our 'sequences' anymore! Acts 1! We are not going to know and it doesn't matter.

Everything that matters is fulfilled in Christ.

There is no re-instituting the old covenant or its equipment or places etc. There is no sense to it, no need.

Made up.

Your god is one of disorder.