Sabbath

clefty

I said
ROFLOL The last time I kept the Sabbath was 10 years ago. The Lord saved me from death 2 months ago. You don't listen, you just twist everything around to fit your warped imagination. Your full of guile, and trickery, and manipulation, and deceit, and lies.

10 years ago? Well that is good...Hope your track record is better with the other 9 commandments...

Tnkrbl123!

I said
I meant it just the way I said it.

OK well then if you meant to say you were an "apostle" and not a "disciple" I think it would be helpful if you could please give me your definition of "apostle" and if you would, your definition of "disciple." Because right now I am very confused that you call yourself an apostle and so I think it's lost in the definition so can you please explain your definitions of both to help clear it up? Thank you

Reactions: Lon

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
OK well then if you meant to say you were an "apostle" and not a "disciple" I think it would be helpful if you could please give me your definition of "apostle" and if you would, your definition of "disciple." Because right now I am very confused that you call yourself an apostle and so I think it's lost in the definition so can you please explain your definitions of both to help clear it up? Thank you

I said
If you will scroll down the board I have posted revelation on "Apostles" and "disciples". And step by step of both. But the short version is a disciple is a hearer of the Word. And an apostle is a doer of the Word.

clefty

I said
If you will scroll down the board I have posted revelation on "Apostles" and "disciples". And step by step of both. But the short version is a disciple is a hearer of the Word. And an apostle is a doer of the Word.

And the apostle in the meat is the apostle who chooses what he does of the Word, which of the commandments and when he does it, as long as he is convinced in his own heart about it...

To the apostle in the meat...it does NOT have to be exactly AS He did it...not exactly Him His way...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
And the apostle in the meat is the apostle who chooses what he does of the Word, which of the commandments and when he does it, as long as he is convinced in his own heart about it...

To the apostle in the meat...it does NOT have to be exactly AS He did it...not exactly Him His way...

I said
That bitterness will destroy you. An apostle walks after the Holy Spirit. And learns from the Holy Spirit. I know that is away over your head, you don't even know the Holy Spirit.

clefty

I said
That bitterness will destroy you. An apostle walks after the Holy Spirit. And learns from the Holy Spirit. I know that is away over your head, you don't even know the Holy Spirit.

No bitterness here...I merely compare my fruits with His fruits and make sure they are more similar to Him His way not less...that reassures me that the Spirit that I follow is indeed Holy as He is Holy...and He leads me into Holiness...the more similar our lives the more reliable the evidence I am on the right track...may He lead and He be praised

HalleluYah

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
No bitterness here...I merely compare my fruits with His fruits and make sure they are more similar to Him His way not less...that reassures me that the Spirit that I follow is indeed Holy as He is Holy...and He leads me into Holiness...the more similar our lives the more reliable the evidence I am on the right track...may He lead and He be praised

HalleluYah

I said
That's a lie. Unless you can show me where Jesus EVER stalked anyone harassing them trying to brain wash them the way you do. The only person I know of that ever taught the way you do is hitler.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I said
That's a lie. Unless you can show me where Jesus EVER stalked anyone harassing them trying to brain wash them the way you do. The only person I know of that ever taught the way you do is hitler.

ok, now that's funny ! :chuckle:

Tnkrbl123!

I said

sorry its an extremely time consuming and time wasting mission that will mosy likely be futile in the end for me to mine through all 90 pages of this thread to find the single post that you wrote on apostles and disciples so to help me out can you please copy and paste it or at least tell me the page number to go to to find it.
The reason I ask is because you can give something any definition you want (even I invent words or use words in life that I create my own definition for) but it doesn't make it correct in real life. And when talking about the Bible we have to be extra careful to talk about it with the right definition, the same definition given in context of scripture as a whole. And the Bible is very clear in the passages that talk about Apostles and the people that are considered apostles. the Bible even states certain CRITERIA for choosing an APSOTLE. And also the word disciple, the way you just explained disciple to me is not the way the Bible uses it and tells us what it means. Because the Bible says thay every believer is a disciple and that every disciple is given the charge to go out and spread the message of the good news and to obey the commandments Jesus has given. And one command Jesus gave is to LOVE. (and both going out and obeying are actions, which means every disciple is called into action). You have even said yourself many times that LOVE is not an emotion, but an ACTION. so therefore to be a discople is to be a doer of the word.
But the BIBLE tells us that every believer and follower of Christ is a disciple, but not every disciple is an apostle (in fact there were only 12-15 people in the entire BIBLE given the honor of being called an apostle and there are very specific criteria for that.
we have to be careful we don't take one verse and use it as as a definition for all, when other verses expand on or clarify the meaning. so what I'm saying is can you please define apostle and disciple the way it used throughout the entire message of the new testament?
and if you are going to give it a different meaning or definition from the way the context and entirety of the Bible defines it just make sure you explain your definition when you use it. Because from reading the comments on this site it seems to me that many of the disputes and misunderstandings stem from people giving their own definition that is different from the norm (commonly understood) and even though they may be making a good point, nobody can understand it because they don't know what they are trying to say. I thank God that he did not give us the ability to read other people's minds it's a great blessing that our thoughts can remain secret and known only to God and ourselves. but this also means that in order for us to get our point across we have to explain our thought process/pattern to others because other people can't possibly know what we mean if we don't explain it :)

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
sorry its an extremely time consuming and time wasting mission that will mosy likely be futile in the end for me to mine through all 90 pages of this thread to find the single post that you wrote on apostles and disciples so to help me out can you please copy and paste it or at least tell me the page number to go to to find it.

squeaky's been here 14 years and he still hasn't figured out how to do this:

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?121393-Apostles&highlight=

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?121392-Disciples&highlight=

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The reason I ask is because you can give something any definition you want (even I invent words or use words in life that I create my own definition for) but it doesn't make it correct in real life. And when talking about the Bible we have to be extra careful to talk about it with the right definition, the same definition given in context of scripture as a whole. And the Bible is very clear in the passages that talk about Apostles and the people that are considered apostles. the Bible even states certain CRITERIA for choosing an APSOTLE. And also the word disciple, the way you just explained disciple to me is not the way the Bible uses it and tells us what it means. Because the Bible says thay every believer is a disciple and that every disciple is given the charge to go out and spread the message of the good news and to obey the commandments Jesus has given. And one command Jesus gave is to LOVE. (and both going out and obeying are actions, which means every disciple is called into action). You have even said yourself many times that LOVE is not an emotion, but an ACTION. so therefore to be a discople is to be a doer of the word.
But the BIBLE tells us that every believer and follower of Christ is a disciple, but not every disciple is an apostle (in fact there were only 12-15 people in the entire BIBLE given the honor of being called an apostle and there are very specific criteria for that.
we have to be careful we don't take one verse and use it as as a definition for all, when other verses expand on or clarify the meaning. so what I'm saying is can you please define apostle and disciple the way it used throughout the entire message of the new testament?
and if you are going to give it a different meaning or definition from the way the context and entirety of the Bible defines it just make sure you explain your definition when you use it. Because from reading the comments on this site it seems to me that many of the disputes and misunderstandings stem from people giving their own definition that is different from the norm (commonly understood) and even though they may be making a good point, nobody can understand it because they don't know what they are trying to say. I thank God that he did not give us the ability to read other people's minds it's a great blessing that our thoughts can remain secret and known only to God and ourselves. but this also means that in order for us to get our point across we have to explain our thought process/pattern to others because other people can't possibly know what we mean if we don't explain it :)

I said
lol There all on the first page. It might take you 5 seconds to scroll down.