How do you know you are saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This goes way beyond a doctrinal disagreement between @meshak and I. I can live with doctrinal disagreements. But I will not look the other way when one starts throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Paul was the greatest christian of them all. God used the Apostle Paul to write the majority of the New Testament. When one says Paul is wrong, that means you are saying that Paul's letters are wrong. Thereby saying most of the New testament is wrong. And that my friend is wrong.
Atta boy!

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Do not be so stupid to suggest that a Christian who condemms killing, must support Islamic terrorism.

LA

By condemning the killing of people who deserve it, you inherently say you will not oppose those who do deserve it. God said, "Why do you profane me, killing people who should not die, and keeping people alive who should not live?". By not going to war against the governments who harm or kill their citizens (when able to and it makes sense to), you profane God. There is a time for war, and a time for peace.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The issue of debate is the status of salvation. Meshak's stance, (correct me if I am wrong) is that salvation is not attained until death. Opposing positions seem to be that salvation is a current status already achieved.

As for me, for once, I agree with Meshak. How can one know until the moment of death? Several people claim to have "eternal assurance," but their actions speak of people who are carnal (not people here, just examples in the world).

"For by grace are ye saved" (past tense, after faith)

"Shall be saved" is referring to when someone (in the future) repents of their sins and has faith. This is why a future tense of 'will' is used. It does not mean when we die, it means at the moment one accepts Christ as their Savior.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You seem to make several General accusations. To me it seems that you feel you're better than us.

I will pray for you as it hurts me to see someone with such a judgemental heart.

Mathew 7:5
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. The World English Bible translates the passage as: You hypocrite!

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
Are you judging him for being judgmental? Hypocrite.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No he didn't, but Jesus still taught peace and not violence. And John the Baptist clearly said to the soldier show violence to no man. I've said in another thread, it says in the Bible that our weapons of warfare are not carnal, we war with the sword of the spirit which is the word of God.

You need to read the Greek a bit more (I find the MOUNCE Bible to be extremely helpful in this regard). The word you use for "violence" is diaseio, and in the context used, it means to extort (money).

Here is the passage:

Soldiers were also kai questioning eper?ta? · de him autos, saying leg?, "And kai we h?meis, what tis should we do poie??" · kai He said leg? to them autos, "Do not m?deis extort diasei? money from anyone, or m?de accuse sykophante? them falsely; and kai be content arke? with · ho your hymeis wages ops?nion." - Luke 3:14 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke3:14&version=MOUNCE

War and violence are of this world but those born of God who walk in the Spirit are not of this world. We're to bring God to others through love, not war and violence they are not the way, hate brings hate but love overcomes hate and Jesus showed a new and living way and through him we can be born anew of the Spirit, the holy spirit gives us the power to overcome the flesh and hatred and violence will be the last things on our mind.

When Jesus returns on His horse, will He come with an olive branch? or with a sword?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You are full of hate. Time and again all you ever attack is the Catholic Church. You have no proof for any of your accusations. No evidence. And you clearly have no knowledge of what the Bible actually teaches. Why don't you turn your eyes of criticism and judgment against yourself? Your arguments cannot even withstand basic scrutiny.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL
I think you should check this out.

http://kgov.com/search?query=catholic

KingdomRose

You have never been more wrong. Our sin was judged and condemned in Him at the cross.

Isaiah 53:5

Prov 20:30

1 Pet 2:24

If sin was not dealt with at the cross, then NO ONE will be saved because,

1 Pet 3:18

Heb 9:26, 28

Yes, Jesus died for us. We have to ACCEPT that and then ENDURE to the end. (John 3:16; Matt.24:13)

KingdomRose

That is not John 1:14 says, neither is that what Matthew 1:23 says, nor is it what the Hebrew passage says which Matthew 1:23 is quoting from. The Name of the Father is nowhere mentioned in the sense that you mean it in either of those two passages you have quoted to make your point. Saying that "Jesus is YHWH" is a twisting of the scripture because the Father is YHWH throughout the Old Testament. Neither is it true Trinitarianism which you are describing. The Father is not His own Son. The Father did not beget Himself.

How can anyone say that Jehovah is Jesus when Jehovah SPEAKS TO Jesus at Psalm 110, and Jehovah ANOINTS Jesus at Isaiah 61:1,2?

I wonder if Nihilo can answer that.

marhig

You are trying to mislead us with your lack of understanding! You are making it as if John told the soldier to stop being a soldier. If John was telling him to stop being a soldier---then he would NOT tell him to be content with his wages!

Luke 3:14 And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.

Where did I say that John told him to stop being a soldier? I said John said do violence to no man.

Maybe you could watch the film hacksaw ridge when you get the chance and you'll see a true soldier in God. One who wants to heal others and help preserve life, not to go out to harm and kill!

Galatians 5

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders , drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Last edited:

marhig

Before I start doubting Paul, I try very hard to convince myself Paul is Jesus' most trusted servant.

But I gave up. The HS in me telling me otherwise. And my best friend whom I met in this forum believe the same I do. We agree on 100% in our faith. She no longer post here.

She is the most godly and mature Christian I ever met. We still keep in touch by email.

She is pacifist, non-trin and she does not boast to be saved nor holy either.

I will be back this evening for more.

blessings.
Never give up meshak, because Paul is a true apostle of God!

marhig

This goes way beyond a doctrinal disagreement between [MENTION=13959]meshak[/MENTION] and I. I can live with doctrinal disagreements. But I will not look the other way when one starts throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Paul was the greatest christian of them all. God used the Apostle Paul to write the majority of the New Testament. When one says Paul is wrong, that means you are saying that Paul's letters are wrong. Thereby saying most of the New testament is wrong. And that my friend is wrong.

Paul wasn't wrong, he was absolutely right! He's a true strong man of God, but I think that all the apostles were strong it's just that there are more epistles from Paul.

Also I've heard people on here call Peter Satan, so there are others who are wrong, once Gods people are born of God, their whole heart changes and once God gives them the power of the holy spirit then they can become powerhouses in God. And Paul was one of the strongest.

I hope that someday that those who see wrong in any of Gods apostles, have their understanding open to the truth!

marhig

Who said anything about bringing others to God through violence?! Why don't you be more careful what you say in a discussion like this?

You couldn't of had that freedom openly in this country if it were not for our Military.

Read this scripture:

Romans 13:4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

Paul is speaking to believers. Paul is telling believers that if they do wrong, then it is right for them to be put to death by our government.

Romans 13:6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing.

Do you honestly believe that Gods servants through Christ would wield a natural sword?

God's Truth

Such a statement is beyond ridiculous, as anyone can see by reading the posts on the thread "Jesus is SEPARATE from Jehovah/ Jesus calls Jehovah "My God".

Jesus is never separate from God the Father. Jesus only says what the Father says. Jesus only does what the Father does. In fact, when you see Jesus, you can say, "I see the Father."

God's Truth

Do you honestly believe that Gods servants through Christ would wield a natural sword?

Of course the saved can also be one in authority. Did you read the scriptures I posted? It says plainly too that it is not wrong for you to be punished to death by the authority with the sword if you do evil.

God's Truth

Where did I say that John told him to stop being a soldier? I said John said do violence to no man.

Maybe you could watch the film hacksaw ridge when you get the chance and you'll see a true soldier in God. One who wants to heal others and help preserve life, not to go out to harm and kill!

Galatians 5

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders , drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

I believe the scriptures and not a TV movie to know and understand God.

marhig

You need to read the Greek a bit more (I find the MOUNCE Bible to be extremely helpful in this regard). The word you use for "violence" is diaseio, and in the context used, it means to extort (money).

Here is the passage:

Soldiers were also kai questioning eper?ta? · de him autos, saying leg?, "And kai we h?meis, what tis should we do poie??" · kai He said leg? to them autos, "Do not m?deis extort diasei? money from anyone, or m?de accuse sykophante? them falsely; and kai be content arke? with · ho your hymeis wages ops?nion." - Luke 3:14 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke3:14&version=MOUNCE

When Jesus returns on His horse, will He come with an olive branch? or with a sword?

I don't believe in violence, and I certainly don't believe that Jesus comes wielding a natural sword. The sword that Jesus uses is the word of God!

Revelation 2

Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.