Is White Privilege Real?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
He was inspiring, he spoke of hope, he was humble, and smart. And his beliefs and his priorities aligned closely with mine.

i'm sure that trump supporters would say the same about trump

except for that "humble" part :chuckle:

maybe next time we can choose somebody whose merits include experience

rexlunae

i'm sure that trump supporters would say the same about trump

Some probably would. I'm not sure optimism is what motives the bulk of them, but some I'm sure find him very inspiring.

You realize that doesn't contradict what I said, right?

except for that "humble" part :chuckle:

Yes, I suspect that's a bridge too far even for his most loyal.

maybe next time we can choose somebody whose merits include experience

It's always nice to have. But I vote on character more than anything else. I'll take a new, fresh face, with the right ideas over a grizzled, experienced operator with bad ideas any day. Experience you can buy. Inspiration has to come naturally.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
What did they ignore to get the results they want?

Provide the complete test criteria they used, their initial hypothesis, all parameters of the study and then i will critique it and tell you exactly where there are issues, ok?

Ive already stated 2 possibles not discussed.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Provide the complete test criteria they used, their initial hypothesis, all parameters of the study and then i will critique it and tell you exactly where there are issues, ok?

So you don't know any of that and yet you are confident that they ignored stuff to get the result they want?

glassjester

XPjUbSS.png

glassjester

That NPR was disingenuous in what they stated and left out of their article? yes.

100 percent confident.

From the actual study:

However, findings of the current study revealed that the impact of race differed in high and low income neighborhoods. Given the study methodology, drivers were merely observed and no inter-action took place regarding their decisions to yield or not yield.Therefore, we are unable to determine the nature of the bias.These findings are significant for pedestrian safety overall in that drivers yielded less often in general on the high income neigh-borhood street. One potential explanation may be that drivers are not as accustomed to observing pedestrians crossing in the high income neighborhood compared to the lower income neighbor-hood, as higher income individuals are more likely to travel by private vehicle (U.S. Census, 2014). The authors can only speculate on this, however, as overall pedestrian traffic in each neighbor-hood is unknown. Another factor for overall less yielding in the high income neighborhood may be the difference in road design,as the high income neighborhood street consisted of more vehicle lanes and a higher speed limit (45 mph compared to 35 mph). The higher speed of travel may make it more difficult to observe and yield to pedestrians in a timely manner. It is unknown if yielding differences would have persisted if this was not the case.

glassjester

Because they have itching ears that tell them what they want to hear instead.

Yeah, well... first the racist Australian bus drivers, now racist Las Vegas drivers.

Neither study actually "proved" what their media coverage (NY Times and NPR, respectively) purported.

Still waiting on TH's favorite bit of evidence...