excellent example of MADism:

john w

Hall of Fame
Never? Lol...

You even exemplify it...it's your main feature in this Circus of the MAD...

Never argued that, so knock it off. Another wicked fruit inspector, self righteous rat comes out of the woodwork...

Show me, you self righteous rat, teenie bob, where I argued that. Grace teaches sanctification.

Titus 2 KJV
11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

Your devilish "He died while I was sinning so I might as well keep sinning" mindset sends you, others, to hell.

I thought so, devil child.

Get saved.

clefty

The old reliabe "work out your own salvation with fear and trembling," trump card!!!!

The context/issue Paul is discussing is not spirit/soul salvation/deliverance, moron. Of course, not studying the details of the book, what preceeds/follows the Philippians passage, just "interpreting" a verse in isolation, you would spam the above. And you are clueless as to what the term "salvation" means.

Salvation: To be delivered from a danger

The context tells us whether it is soul/spiritual, physical, or deliverance from (fill in the blank)....
The issue was "deliverance," "salvation," from problems/issues that would cause divisions/factions within the Philippian church. Survey Philippians 1:27–2:18 KJV... " becometh the gospel of Christ,"... includes standing firm together, as brethren, in one spirit, "striving together for the faith of the gospel..." Such saintly conduct necessitates love and concord, humility, and unselfishness,...

2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

...and deliverance from vainglory/conceit, strife/rivalry, complaining/muttering/grumbling.....

14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings

Thanks for checkin' in, CC, and having, as usual, "added nothing"(Galatians 2:6 KJV) to us.

Lol...yes salvation from the dangerous members like you and yours

"for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure." Is about glee clubs and group dynamics and beauty pageants and leadership conferences and popularity contests and Christian dating right?

Gotta keep the churches all nicey nice is keeping one's salvation...?

And to you throwing out members to Satan as a last resort to get them back on track and to protect the sheep who remain from their rot is working it out in fear and trembling...?

Wow

john w

Hall of Fame
Paul was saved WHEN HIS LIFE WAS ENDED, because he endured to the end of his life. .

You made that up.

2 Timothy 4:6 KJV For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.

"Saints...Brethren..."

2 Cor. 2 KJV

6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

And on, and on...

Clueless.

john w

Hall of Fame
Lol...yes salvation from the dangerous members like you and yours

"for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure." Is about glee clubs and group dynamics and beauty pageants and leadership conferences and popularity contests and Christian dating right?

Gotta keep the churches all nicey nice is keeping one's salvation...?

And to you throwing out members to Satan as a last resort to get them back on track and to protect the sheep who remain from their rot is working it out in fear and trembling...?

Wow

Slower, Dora.

The context/issue Paul is discussing is not spirit/soul salvation/deliverance, moron. Of course, not studying the details of the book, what preceeds/follows the Philippians passage, just "interpreting" a verse in isolation, you would spam the above. And you are clueless as to what the term "salvation" means.

Salvation: To be delivered from a danger

The context tells us whether it is soul/spiritual, physical, or deliverance from (fill in the blank)....
The issue was "deliverance," "salvation," from problems/issues that would cause divisions/factions within the Philippian church. Survey Philippians 1:27–2:18 KJV... " becometh the gospel of Christ,"... includes standing firm together, as brethren, in one spirit, "striving together for the faith of the gospel..." Such saintly conduct necessitates love and concord, humility, and unselfishness,...

2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

...and deliverance from vainglory/conceit, strife/rivalry, complaining/muttering/grumbling.....

14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings

You: What does salvation mean?

clefty

Never argued that, so knock it off. Another wicked fruit inspector, self righteous rat comes out of the woodwork...

Show me, you self righteous rat, teenie bob, where I argued that. Grace teaches sanctification.

Titus 2 KJV
11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

Your devilish "He died while I was sinning so I might as well keep sinning" mindset sends you, others, to hell.

I thought so, devil child.

Get saved.

You keep saying...

Quick...center stage with you...spot light is waiting

drbrumley

Paul was saved WHEN HIS LIFE WAS ENDED, because he endured to the end of his life. When he was alive he didn't consider himself to have yet attained permanent salvation. He said that he wishes to know Christ and the power of his resurrection, "to see if I may by any means attain to the earlier resurrection from the dead [the first resurrection, for the co-rulers of Christ]. Not that I have already received it or am already made perfect, but I AM PURSUING TO SEE IF I MAY ALSO LAY HOLD ON THAT FOR WHICH I HAVE ALSO BEEN LAID HOLD ON BY CHRIST JESUS. Brothers, I DO NOT YET CONSIDER MYSELF AS HAVING LAID HOLD ON IT; but there is one thing about it: Forgetting the things behind and stretching forward to the things ahead, I am pursuing down toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God by means of Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:9-16)

Did Paul consider himself as completely saved and worthy of the upward call? No---he was still PURSUING it, wanting to always PROGRESS in his walk on the narrow road.

So, like Paul, we continually strive in pursuing final salvation, progressing from day to day.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth My word, and believeth on Him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life."

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
"Jesus" said to sell all you have.

If you are not obedient, you are not going by assurance, you're depending on mercy.

So if you are not doing anything commanded of you, you ought to preach hope for God's mercy, not pontificating and wearing your perceived salvation on your sleeve.

I don't know how much clearer the point can be made :wave2:

heir

TOL Subscriber
No, Jesus didn't tell his followers to preach only to Israel after he was to go to heaven. He said that the Gospel would be preached TO ALL THE NATIONS. (MATTHEW 24:14; MATTHEW 28:19,20) How can you miss that?
When? Matthew 10:23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Here's the problem with a lot of people- they preach that they receive the same merit as a penniless martyr.

It sounds good, up until you realize that, by the same principle, a person who holds less virtue then that person can claim the same merit. And then, a person holding even less virtue than them can claim just the same.

The 'cutoff' line becomes a claim of belief, which would ultimately render Christianity pointless. It's one of the major logical pitfalls of doctrine such as the so called 'grace gospel' interpretation.

God's Truth

Pretty sure either martyrdom or priesthood are the only sure ways to know one is saved.

Otherwise it just becomes redundant to the believer- you may as well throw salvation in a stocking alongside the other knickknacks.

Why don't you believe the scriptures that say we can be saved now?

God's Truth

Romans 5 KJV
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Read it, Lamont: while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

That doesn't mean you do not have to repent.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

Have you proved it John?

God's Truth

There's only one Gospel TODAY, and that is "The Grace Gospel." However, two thousand years ago, there were two Gospels being preached: The Kingdom Gospel to the House of Israel and The Grace Gospel to the Gentiles.

There is only one gospel, it is the New Covenant gospel message, and Paul said he is a minister to it.

God's Truth

We're now living, in what The Apostle Paul called, "The Dispensation of the Grace of God."

You think that means we do not have to obey to get saved? lol

The gospel message isn't even sent to people who do not obey anything.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

God's Truth

What sins,idiot? They are in hell.

The demon asserts that the Lord Jesus Christ is still in hell.

Ssssssssssssssssssss.....

If you are still sinning, then your sin is living in your heart, just like Jesus says.

Jesus died for the sins of the world and you do not receive that grace to have your sins washed away until you come to God through Jesus and repent.

john w

Hall of Fame
Paul was saved WHEN HIS LIFE WAS ENDED, because he endured to the end of his life. When he was alive he didn't consider himself to have yet attained permanent salvation. He said that he wishes to know Christ and the power of his resurrection, "to see if I may by any means attain to the earlier resurrection from the dead [the first resurrection, for the co-rulers of Christ]. Not that I have already received it or am already made perfect, but I AM PURSUING TO SEE IF I MAY ALSO LAY HOLD ON THAT FOR WHICH I HAVE ALSO BEEN LAID HOLD ON BY CHRIST JESUS. Brothers, I DO NOT YET CONSIDER MYSELF AS HAVING LAID HOLD ON IT; but there is one thing about it: Forgetting the things behind and stretching forward to the things ahead, I am pursuing down toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God by means of Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:9-16)

Did Paul consider himself as completely saved and worthy of the upward call? No---he was still PURSUING it, wanting to always PROGRESS in his walk on the narrow road.

So, like Paul, we continually strive in pursuing final salvation, progressing from day to day.

The context:

7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.

8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

His relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ is not "perfect, "complete,' recognizing that he does not know Him the way he really wants to, still being engaged in the spiritual struggle/war, in his daily walk-survey Romans 7 ff.Paul asserts that, since/although he has not obtained this complete relationship with Christ, he "presses on."

It has NADA to do with lack of assurance in salvation.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Why don't you believe the scriptures that say we can be saved now?

If a person falls from grace, then they were never saved to begin with- you don't go in and out of salvation. The Reformed doctrine of Eternal Security illustrates that salvation is predestined, not usurped or rejected.

And
To 'know' your salvation is to be completely obedient- that is why we call it 'faith' rather than 'knowing', because nobody is completely obedient.
That's yet another overstep of many Christians.
Just be honest and stop attributing a knowledge to yourself which only God has :idunno: