Lt. Calley's betrayal of his country

KingdomRose

Why do you believe a nation should not protect itself?

If we don't protect ourselves, who will?

Did Israel or Judah ever try to defend itself?

Israel and Judah had Jehovah to direct them in any war that they were involved with. He would communicate what they should do directly to them. Does that happen today? No. I remember years ago Moishe Dyan of Israel's military said that God wasn't in their thoughts at all. That is truly the way all of the nations think about God. If they even mention Him, it would be for show. God doesn't direct any wars today.

KingdomRose

I already explain it but either you just don't get it or not willing the accept Jesus' word.

I will explain again for the public:

Jesus says to love your enemy. You don't love your enemy by destroying them.

He also says His followers are not the of world.

He also says let the dead bury their own dead. The world is dead spiritually.

These are all Jesus' word, so if you claim to be a Christian, you better uphold it.

You are trying to push world's standards and mentality to your faith. Your faith is not Christianity, it is merely "humanism" point of view.

I don't think you want to understand since your priority is not being true to Jesus. Your point of view is political and worldly.

WELL SAID.

KingdomRose

I just quoted Jesus. He said to love your neighbor as yourself.

It's you who doesn't believe and you are perverting his teaching about love, self, and neighbor. Why?

What are you trying to prove?

You yourself are saying to love your neighbor as yourself. Who did Jesus indicate our neighbor is? EVERYBODY. You missed the whole point of his story about the Good Samaritan. Maybe you should read it again. The Samaritans and Jews were at serious odds with each other. They hated one another. Yet this one Samaritan saved a poor Jew from probable death after being mugged and robbed. The Samaritan helped his "enemy," the Jew. This is what Christ's followers are expected to do.

YOU have been perverting Jesus' teaching about love. You put "yourself" in the spot-light, when Jesus has put your NEIGHBOR in the spot-light. Don't kill your neighbor, and your neighbor is every person in the world.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus' message of "love your enemy" is self-explanatory and you are twisting around and change the way to worldly view.

Love your enemy as you love yourself.

If your enemy is trying to destroy you there is nothing to gain by allowing him to do so.

Nip it in the bud. It's your duty. Love others as you love yourself.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Love your enemy as you love yourself.

If your enemy is trying to destroy you there is nothing to gain by allowing him to do so.

Nip it in the bud. It's your duty. Love others as you love yourself.

I cannot believe how you are desperate to justify your worldly faith.

You are concentrating on your own, not your neighbor.

Jesus teaches us sacrificial love throughout His word. He says if you save your life you lose it, if you lose your life for sake of God and Jesus you will gain life.

Of course Jesus is speaking about spiritual life.

His followers goal is to gain spiritual life.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who did Jesus indicate our neighbor is? EVERYBODY. You missed the whole point of his story about the Good Samaritan. Maybe you should read it again.
Maybe you should read it again.
Because "EVERYBODY" was not the answer given to "who was a neighbor to him?".

Three men saw the half dead man in need.
Only one showed mercy.

Luke 10 KJV
(36) Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?​

Of the three, which was "neighbor" to him?
All of them / everyone?
Nope.

(37) And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
If you don't care for yourself how can you care for others?

Do you also despise law enforcement?

meshak

BANNED
Banned

I do care about myself too. But most of us are working for ourselves. That's what world we are in. Our selfishness produce or create wars.

I don't despise anything of the world. That is their business.

Christians' business is to work for God's kingdom. I already said this before too.

You butt in to world's business because your faith is worldly and of the world.

You better get your priority strait if you want to inherit God's kingdom.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I do care about myself too. But most of us are working for ourselves. That's what world we are in. Our selfishness produce or create wars.

The world is made up of people. People are our neighbors.

The Father loves the world enough to sacrifice his Son.

Elitist.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The world is made up of people. People are our neighbors.

The Father loves the world enough to sacrifice his Son.

Elitist.

You sure are becoming desperate.

You don't want to live according to Jesus' will.

We explained over and over Jesus' sacrificial love for God's kingdom.

If you don't have sacrificial spirit, you won't inherit God's kingdom.

this is my last post for you.

suit yourself, defending your worldly love and standards.

marhig

The trouble is, most people put themselves before others, and that is how fighting and war starts.

Once we belong to God, then war should be the last thing on our minds. War is of the world. Our weapons of warfare are not carnal, we are at war with Prince of this world and we war against him with our weapon which is the sword of the Spirit which is the word of God. Satan is the one behind the wars of the world and they aren't of God. We are to love our enemy and do good to those that hate us, not war against them.

The world will take care of itself, those of God are to do the will of God and follow Jesus. And he didn't engage in the wars of this world!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The world will take care of itself, those of God are to do the will of God and follow Jesus. And he didn't engage in the wars of this world!

Apples and oranges are not the same. Jesus lived in an occupied country, there was no national defense and it was not his job to promote rebellion against Roman authority. Jesus promoted cooperation with the Romans and he set the example.

On the other hand we still have our freedoms, such as the freedom to espouse political correctness meaning if another country wants to destroy the U.S. we should just stand aside and watch. Hey, it's not our world, come on in.

Naive.

marhig

Apples and oranges are not the same. Jesus lived in an occupied country, there was no national defense and it was not his job to promote rebellion against Roman authority. Jesus promoted cooperation with the Romans and he set the example.

On the other hand we still have our freedoms, such as the freedom to espouse political correctness meaning if another country wants to destroy the U.S. we should just stand aside and watch. Hey, it's not our world, come on in.

Naive.
Did Jesus take up arms against the Romans? No, he preached the word of God and we are to follow him and not take up arms but bring God to others.

As I keep saying, war is of this world, those born of God are not of this world. The world will war and fight and hate but that isn't the way of God. Jesus showed us a new and living way and that doesn't include taking up arms!

The world will take care of itself, we are to bring the life and love of Christ and the word of God to others and fight with the sword of the Spirit. Not with weapons of the world.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The world will take care of itself, we are to bring the life and love of Christ and the word of God to others and fight with the sword of the Spirit. Not with weapons of the world.

that's what I have been saying but those patriot christians seem to believe they need Christians' help.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Those patriot or pro-military Christians are not only working against Jesus, they are also misrepresenting Jesus to the world.

Jesus is not just for your own country, He is for the whole world.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Did Jesus take up arms against the Romans?

Jesus lived and taught in a nation that was in subjection. When you meet four times each week for worship you should be thankful for the men and women who suffered life and limb so you could.

Your premise seems to be to love your neighbor, but not enough to protect him from enemies foreign and domestic. In fact, you must love his enemies.

My premise is if we love our neighbor we will do all we can to protect him and his freedoms.

We don't live in first century Judea and we can't live like we do. Things that are different are not the same.

marhig

Jesus lived and taught in a nation that was in subjection. When you meet four times each week for worship you should be thankful for the men and women who suffered life and limb so you could.

Your premise seems to be to love your neighbor, but not enough to protect him from enemies foreign and domestic. In fact, you must love his enemies.

My premise is if we love our neighbor we will do all we can to protect him and his freedoms.

We don't live in first century Judea and we can't live like we do. Things that are different are not the same.
In the first century Judea, the Jews were persecuted by the Romans, did Jesus take up arms to fight?