Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
[MENTION=17235]Interplanner[/MENTION] This questioning of the validity of parts of the bible does not belong in the ECT. Questioning parts of the Bible does not fall under Christian theology. Please do not bring this up in ECT threads again. It's time you stop beating this dead horse. I don't want to see you moving this subject into other threads either. I just moved some of your posts from this thread--->ECT: No one was "looking forward to the cross" into the Spammer's Wasteland. If you make more of these posts in the thread or any other thread but this one, I will have to remove you from the threads. I don't want this topic taking over the forum. Thanks for understanding. :)

daqq

Based on this morning's flurry of 2P2P posts, we are not allowed to read Rom 15:9 or mention the OT quotes there.

It would break the back of 2P2P.

The order was signed, after their term in office, by STP, JohnW, Tam, RD, Must...

Ah, a new thread moved here from ECT? Fresh meat! :TomO:

The context of Rom 15:9 and the quotes which follow in that same passage contain an enormous amount of context! I only quote the following version simply because it gives the passage references:

Romans 15:8-12 TS2009 W/Footnotes
8 And I say that יהושע Messiah has become a servant of the circumcised for the truth of Elohim, to confirm the promises made to the fathers,
9 and for the nations to praise Elohim for His compassion, as it has been written, “Because of this I shall confess to You among the nations, and I shall sing to Your Name.”
2Sa 22:50, Psa 18:49.
10 And again it says, “Rejoice, O nations, with His people!”
Deut 32:43.
11 And again, “Praise יהוה, all you nations! Praise Him, all you peoples!”
Psa 117:1.
12 And again, Yeshayahu says, “There shall be a root of Yishai, and He who shall rise to reign over the nations, on Him the nations shall set their expectation.”
Isa 11:10.

Yeah, that's a whole lotta context:
2Sam 22:50, Psa 18:49, Dt 32:43 (LXX), Psa 117:1, Isa 11:10

Especially when you include the contexts of all those contexts!
(Because Paul is certainly no cherry picker) . . . :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.