Open Closure

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I never knew that either! I mean that MADS don't believe that the new covenant is in force. And that the Lord doesn't guide them from within. What do they believe regarding the Holy Spirit within us?

They are believers in "hyper-grace" and/or "passive faith." Translated, this means they believe they do not have to obey God's commands at all, because they have received God's grace.

This denies the Spirit of Christ, altogether.

Any soul indwelt by the Holy Spirit, wills to live an obedient life according to the will of God. There is no such thing as a genuine Christian, who ignores, neglects, or teaches against the Ten Commandments.

Faith is active . . .

No sinner is justified by the Law, but they all surely are sanctified by holy conformity to Jesus Christ, under His Law. Both require faith which results in ultimate salvation.

Romans 3:31

marhig

No I'm not.

Of Jesus' gospel????
Did that gospel of Jesus include not telling anyone He was the Christ?
Which gospel was that teaching in?

Honey, "all that Jesus taught" includes what Paul taught of the mystery that was kept secret since the world began until revealed to Paul.
So this statement of yours is also false.
Do ya'll just not take the time to think about what you are saying before you say it?
If you just want to fight with a strawman, go ahead.
Don't ask me to defend your strawman.

Which was given to Paul by the ascended Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and told us to follow.

Then you haven't paid attention.

You do realize that just because you say you haven't heard it doesn't mean it has not been said, right?
Just another bogus excuse used as if it's an argument.
Good grief, and you wonder why we have to repeat things so often AS TO WHAT WE ACTUALLY SAID.
I have no desire to fight your strawmen with you.

If you actually have a question about MAD doctrine, I'll listen.
I think you need to go and read what others from your church post, because you don't seem to be saying the same things as they do.

I have others agreeing with me here, It would be good if they would come out and agree with you and say yes we do follow what Jesus taught and not only what Paul taught.

Because they only ever say that Jesus taught the kingdom gospel to the Jews or to the house of Israel, and what he taught isn't for them, I've seen then say that umpteen times on here.

Maybe some will write a post to say that they believe as you say they do.

daqq

Because you said that I should sell all that I have to obey Jesus.

Amazing isn't it? They say stuff like this and then try to act as it they do not teach it. So instead of actually coming out and saying, "We don't need to do what Jesus says", instead they say, "If you really want to do what Jesus says then go sell all that you have." It seems that they do not even understand the word "teaching" because that is indeed what they are teaching by default when they say such things even though they do not outright say such things. I have no doubt this is true because John W was just ridiculing me for posting the definition of a word in another thread, as if knowledge and information is evil. "Yes, Johnny Rotten, definitions are the devil, and so is foozball." :chuckle:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Amazing isn't it? They say stuff like this and then try to act as it they do not teach it. So instead of actually coming out and saying, "We don't need to do what Jesus says", instead they say, "If you really want to do what Jesus says then go sell all that you have." It seems that they do not even understand the word "teaching" because that is indeed what they are teaching by default when they say such things even though they do not outright say such things. I have no doubt this is true because John W was just ridiculing me for posting the definition of a word in another thread, as if knowledge and information is evil. "Yes, Johnny Rotten, definitions are the devil, and so is foozball." :chuckle:

this is their game.

marhig

Are you kidding me?????
I'm the one saying that we don't have to do that command of Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!
For crying out loud, you guys are terrible at debating.

Tell no one I am the Christ was also taught by Jesus, and it's not MAD doctrine either.
In fact, what doctrine do you even claim that to be in?
Yes I know that's what you are saying, but you do say that because I believe in what Jesus taught then I should sell all that I have, as other MADists have said also!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And I have never seen one MADist tell him that he is wrong, or that he shouldn't speak as he does.
I've been a member here since 2004 so let me put your mind to rest about that ----- yes they have.
Move on to your next strawman, so I can burn it down to ground too.

They all agree with him and his foul mouth and like many of his posts!
His foul mouth?
You could use some mouthwash yourself.
Move on to your next strawman, so I can set it ablaze.

marhig

They are believers in "hyper-grace" and/or "passive faith." Translated, this means they believe they do not have to obey God's commands at all, because they have received God's grace.

Any soul indwelt by the Holy Spirit, wills to live an obedient life according to the will of God. There is no such thing as a genuine Christian, who ignores, neglects, or teaches against the Ten Commandments.

Faith is active . . .

No sinner is justified by the Law, but they all surely are sanctified by holy conformity to Jesus Christ, under His Law. Both require faith which results in ultimate salvation.

Romans 3:31

Great post :)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes I know that's what you are saying, but you do say that because I believe in what Jesus taught then I should sell all that I have, as other MADists have said also!
:doh:

I have said that IF YOU BELIEVE you must obey all Jesus taught, then that is certainly something He taught, and therefore something you would need to obey.
That is a stark difference in what you have me saying.

marhig

I've been a member here since 2004 so let me put your mind to rest about that ----- yes they have.
Move on to your next strawman, so I can burn it down to ground too.

His foul mouth?
You could use some mouthwash yourself.
Move on to your next strawman, so I can set it ablaze.
I never said they haven't, I said I've never seen them, and I haven't, not once have I seen any MAD say that the way he acts is wrong.

Can you show me where I have spoken to others in the way John w does please?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They are believers in "hyper-grace"
No such thing.
Grace is grace - unmerited favor.

and/or "passive faith." Translated, this means they believe they do not have to obey God's commands at all, because they have received God's grace.

Another blatant lie.
MADs do not ignore, neglect, or teaches against the ten commandments.

We teach as Paul taught from the ascended Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, that it is HIS righteousness and obedience that saves us, not ours.

Romans 5:18-19 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.​

Not the obedience of two (Christ's plus mine).
Just one.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yeah right, caught again, post the quote because I have never seen Marhig say anything remotely resembling the trash talk that proceeds from the heart of John W.
Doesn't have to be the same.
Any misrepresentation of another is uncalled for.

You do realize we all sin in the flesh, right?
Or do you think you are exempt?

Are you one of them folks that relies on the righteousness and obedience of two or just one?

(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

I'll even give you a hint - that one ain't you.

If you are relying on the righteousness and obedience of anyone other than Christ alone, you are relying on the wrong person.

marhig

No such thing.

Another blatant lie.

We teach as Paul taught from the ascended Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, that it is HIS righteousness and obedience that saves us, not ours.

(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.​

Just one.

If Christ is truly manifest within our hearts and we are born of God, then we will be obeying God and we will be doing his will.

Do you believe that we are to obey God and Christ and do the will of God?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
No such thing.

Those in hyper-grace movements, or who teach passive faith, are real, known, and opposed by orthodox Christians.

Why?

Because professing to be a child of God, never manifests in lawlessness.

Another blatant lie.

Yes, this is the doctrine of Imputed Righteousness, which is orthodox. However, it does not give license to live in an attitude of lawlessness, nor neglecting of confessions of the law of sin that remains in believers' members. Romans 7:14-8:7

(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Note:

Justification is righteousness legally imputed by faith alone.

You are neglecting the teachings of Sanctification, worked by the indwelling Holy Spirit of Christ, which leads believers into holy living according to the will and word of God (LAW). I Peter 1:13-16

Just one.

If one is justified by imputation of Christ's righteousness, then His righteousness and obedience will manifest through a certain holy and sanctified life led by that justified soul. Otherwise, any profession of faith in Jesus Christ, falls dead. James 2:14-26

meshak

BANNED
Banned
This is what STP claim:

In a nutshell, because I'm a fan of brevity:

1. "Jesus" was not sent to you, while on earth.
2. Paul was sent to you, with commands from the Lord from heaven.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
And these MADs agree with him:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

ClimateSanity (March 28th, 2016),Mark M (March 29th, 2016),Nick M (March 28th, 2016),Tambora (April 27th, 2016)

daqq

Doesn't have to be the same.
Any misrepresentation of another is uncalled for.

You do realize we all sin in the flesh, right?
Or do you think you are exempt?

Are you one of them folks that relies on the righteousness and obedience of two or just one?

I'll even give you a hint - that one ain't you.

If you are relying on the righteousness and obedience of anyone other than Christ alone, you are relying on the wrong person.

Do you imagine yourself here "fighting the battles of the Lord"? Think of yourself as some sort of "warrior for Christ"? You're wasting away your days and your time here. Good grief, do something constructive before it is too late. I only came back to this thread because your pal Johnny Rotten was puking all over my thread. Is all that trash talk really necessary to "prove" your love for God? And telling people to get out of this forum? The only battles you all are fighting are for your own images which you have made of yourselves to make yourselves feel good about yourselves. Too bad you cannot see what others see when they watch you spew such buffoonery. There are others here who actually do want to talk about real and important topics: why should they be forced to put up with your pompous vitriolic spewing everywhere they turn? MAD's are some of the most self-righteous individuals I have ever run into. That means you do not actually believe those passages you have quoted to me because if you did you would not be the pompous self-righteous person that you are. Actions speak much louder than self-aggrandizing forum board words.