ECT Another child of the devil, wolf exposed/marked/identified, by...

marhig

...the great, humble saint John W., the Rifleman/wolf hunter. To wit:
I'll re-quote my whole post shall I? Including the scripture verse that you left out!

My re-quoted full post

Probably because Christ Jesus isn't God, but the son of God as the Bible clearly shows, and this is what we are taught to believe in the Bible, that he is the son of God, not God the son, which isn't in the Bible once.

Jesus said that eternal life is this, to know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.(John 17:3)

And I believe what Jesus says. That the father is the only true God!

john w

Hall of Fame
I'll re-quote my whole post shall I? Including the scripture verse that you left out!

Irrelevant:
Probably because Christ Jesus isn't God, but the son of God..

And I believe what Jesus says.

Wow-never heard that stumper before.

Try this: I believe what the bible, God the Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ(not "Jesus," whom you refer to in disrespect)says. God the Father, the Lord Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit are the LORD God.

Fun!

Last edited:

marhig

Irrelevant:

Wow-never heard that stumper before.

Try this: I believe what the bible, God the Father, and the Lord jesus Christ(not "Jesus," whom you refer to in disrespect)says. God the Father, the Lord Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit are the LORD God.

Fun!

Maybe should tell this angel that!

Revelation 14:12

Here is the patience of the saints: here*are*they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

And btw, I always call Christ Jesus our Lord Jesus Christ, but that doesn't make him God Almighty, the Bible clearly says that Jesus is the son of God, not God the son. And the rest of my post might have been irrelevant to you, because it doesn't suit your beliefs, but it was relevant to why I said what I did!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

My re-quoted full post

Probably because Christ Jesus isn't God, but the son of God as the Bible clearly shows, and this is what we are taught to believe in the Bible, that he is the son of God, not God the son, which isn't in the Bible once.

Jesus said that eternal life is this, to know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.(John 17:3)

And I believe what Jesus says. That the father is the only true God!
Here is the simple explanation of how eternal life is obtained. It is by knowing God and Jesus Christ. The only true God is in contrast to idols which are not genuine gods at all. This verse does not mean that Jesus Christ is not the true God. The fact that His name is mentioned together with God the Father's of being a joint source of eternal life means that they are equal. Here the Lord called Himself Jesus Christ. Christ was the same as Messiah. This verse disproves the charge that jesus never claimed to be the Messiah. ( Taken from the Believer's Bible Commentary )

marhig

Here is the simple explanation of how eternal life is obtained. It is by knowing God and Jesus Christ. The only true God is in contrast to idols which are not genuine gods at all. This verse does not mean that Jesus Christ is not the true God. The fact that His name is mentioned together with God the Father's of being a joint source of eternal life means that they are equal. Here the Lord called Himself Jesus Christ. Christ was the same as Messiah. This verse disproves the charge that jesus never claimed to be the Messiah. ( Taken from the Believer's Bible Commentary )
I prefer to believe what Jesus says!

And Messiah means anointed one, and Jesus Christ was anointed of God, not of himself!

john w

Hall of Fame
Irrelevant:
Probably because Christ Jesus isn't God, but the son of God ...

Put your hand on your heart. Hear it? That is the drum cadence, of your heart, beating, one beat at a time, as you await your funeral march/procession, as you meet an angry "great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ,"(Titus 2:13 KJV), at "the great white throne"(Revelation 20:11 KJV) judgment, and you kneel, at His feet, and you will, acknowledge, "obviously," or by force(I know not), that He is God, as it is written:

Philippians 2 KJV

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 that at the name of Jesus [U]every knee should bow[/U], of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11] and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Romans 14:11

For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Read it..."the Lord...shall bow to me..."it is written.." Where is it written, and who is speaking, that every knee will bow, to whom? The LORD God. Jesus Christ...

Isaiah 43 KJV

1Thus saith the Lord.....

5 I am the Lord, and there is none else,
there is no God beside me
:
I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

that they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west,
that there is none beside me.
I am the Lord, and there is none else.
7 I form the light, and create darkness:
I make peace, and create evil:
I the Lord do all these things....

8...I the Lord have created it....

Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself,
O God of Israel, the Saviour.
They shall be ashamed, and also confounded, all of them:
they shall go to confusion together that are makers of idols.

But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation:
ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens;
God himself that formed the earth and made it;
he hath established it,
he created it not in vain,
21....have not I the Lord?
and there is no God else beside me;
a just God and a Saviour;there is none beside me.

Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth:
for I am God,and there is none else.

I have sworn by myself,
the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return,
That unto me every knee shall bow,
every tongue shall swear.
he formed it to be inhabited:
I am the Lord; and there is none else.

john w

Hall of Fame
Thank you, John W.

And thank you, Bora of Tam!

Titus 2:13 KJV

looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Deuteronomy 10:17 KJV

For the Lord your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

Nehemiah 8:6 KJV

and Ezra blessed the Lord, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the Lord with their faces to the ground.

Psalm 95:3 KJV

For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods.

Proverbs 26:10 KJV

The great God that formed all things both rewardeth the fool, and rewardeth transgressors.

Daniel 2:45 KJV

Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

Revelation 19:17 KJV

And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

Preceded by...

Revelation 19 KJV

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Jeremiah 10 KJV j
6 Forasmuch as there is none like unto thee, O Lord;
thou art great, and thy name is great in might.

Who would not fear thee, O King of nations?
for to thee doth it appertain:
forasmuch as among all the wise men of the nations,
and in all their kingdoms,
there is none like unto thee.

But they are altogether brutish and foolish:
the stock is a doctrine of vanities.

Silver spread into plates is brought from Tarshish,
and gold from Uphaz,
the work of the workman, and of the hands of the founder:
blue and purple is their clothing:
they are all the work of cunning men.

But the Lord is the true God,
he is the living God, and an everlasting king:
at his wrath the earth shall tremble,
and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.

Matthew 11:15 KJV

He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Jerry Shugart

Let us look at what the Jews though when the Lord Jesus said this about His Father:

"But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God"
(Jn.5:17-18).​

Surely if this was just a misunderstanding the Lord Jesus would have cleared this up immediately. But He did no such thing! What He told these Jews only confirmed to them that He was indeed claiming to be God. First, He told them He told them that just as the Father is able to raise men from the dead He could do the same thing (v.21). Then He told them that the Father has committed all judgment to Him (v.22) and then He said:

"That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him" (Jn.5:24).​

If the Lord Jesus was not claiming to be God then nothing which He said to the Jews makes any sense.