Killing in the Name of...

meshak

BANNED
Banned
How do you do it now? Do you only pay attention to Jesus' word, and pay no attention to seeds of societal destruction?

social destruction is world's problem. Jesus says let the dead bury their own dead.

The world is spiritual dead.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
social destruction is world's problem. Jesus says let the dead bury their own dead.

The world is spiritual dead.
Meshak are you alive right now? Do you understand that your own life is in danger because of choices that other people make? Do you believe in self-defense? If someone tries to kill you, would you fight it, or not?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Meshak are you alive right now? Do you understand that your own life is in danger because of choices that other people make? Do you believe in self-defense? If someone tries to kill you, would you fight it, or not?

You are talking about politics. Defending myself is not politic. sheesh.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You are talking about politics. Defending myself is not politic. sheesh.
No, this concerns politics. I'm talking religion.

Given that the death penalty is not an option, and that because of it, there are many people who are alive instead of dead, who should be dead, because they are a clear and present danger to the human species; then what should we the Church do?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No, this concerns politics. I'm talking religion.

you are making circle.

Yes, you are making worldly things is the same as spiritual things.

I understand many Christians have no problem getting involved with politics. You need to study what Jesus teaches, friend.

Do you know what is "of the world" mean?

If you do, please explain.

thanks.

glassjester

As I said, I believe promiscuity to be a crime worthy of death, for the reasons I alluded to in the OP. The Church teaches that promiscuity is a fatal/mortal trespass, which means the same thing. We can't undo these trespasses, and there are many people whom we love who are presently living the promiscuous lifestyle.

You'd have put Augustine to death?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You might have to define promiscuity.

Is it adultery, only?
Any and all fornication?
All that is contrary to chastity. Including pedophilia. Maybe fornication's a better word but promiscuity is a clearer word, at least I thought, before this post, of yours.

glassjester

All that is contrary to chastity. Including pedophilia. Maybe fornication's a better word but promiscuity is a clearer word, at least I thought, before this post, of yours.

Anything unchaste? So you'd most likely have to put to death every male, at some point during his adolescence.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Hey Nihilo,

we have unfinished discussion from last night..
I hadn't noticed. So do you have any new thoughts, on what we the Church should do about all the sinning, if we take for the sake of argument that we should not kill people for any reason?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I hadn't noticed. So do you have any new thoughts, on what we the Church should do about all the sinning, if we take for the sake of argument that we should not kill people for any reason?

So you don't take Jesus' word of His followers are not of the world?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Augustine wrote a lot about the vice of lust.

He teaches that during intercourse, your body is debasing your soul- a person is spiritually dead at the point of climax, and such a desire is a rejection of the fruits of the Spirit.

It's not so difficult a thing to understand as it is harsh- Augustinian theology is largely uncompromising.

He was also concerned about stumbling blocks playing at men, maintaining that Eve is precisely that to Adam, from the very first sin on :plain: