How to Receive Christ as Your Savior and be Born Again

Atheist19

If you decline the offer of free Salvation by the grace of Jesus Christ you go to hell. Those are the rules whether you like it or not - atheist!

Free would be god just giving you salvation for nothing. But you have to worship him, and obey his laws for him to give you salvation (Revelation 21:8). If you have to do/not do anything for salvation, it is not free.And of course, if we do not accept god's imposition, then we must pay for the sin he so kindly bestowed upon us at birth ( Psalm 51:5).

Epoisses

Free would be god just giving you salvation for nothing. But you have to worship him, and obey his laws for him to give you salvation (Revelation 21:8). If you have to do/not do anything for salvation, it is not free.And of course, if we do not accept god's imposition, then we must pay for the sin he so kindly bestowed upon us at birth ( Psalm 51:5).

Nope, you just have to believe it's free. The battle of faith is going against the world where you have to 'earn' everything.

Atheist19

Nope, you just have to believe it's free. The battle of faith is going against the world where you have to 'earn' everything.

Well regardless of if you convince yourself it's free or not, it still isn't free. I can convince myself that I didn't pay for my car, but in reality I did.
But still, if you have to say "all you have to do is (insert anything here)" then it is not free. Again, if you have to do ANYTHING for salvation, it isn't free.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Well regardless of if you convince yourself it's free or not, it still isn't free. I can convince myself that I didn't pay for my car, but in reality I did.
But still, if you have to say "all you have to do is (insert anything here)" then it is not free. Again, if you have to do ANYTHING for salvation, it isn't free.
You make a valid point. Some preachers almost seem like they got their education from a Monty Python script where an all powerful being is having a tantrum because the programming in one of his creations is flawed and it fails to ceaselessly praise him. :kookoo:

jsanford108

What happens if you decline? Eternal torture and damnation (Revelation 21:8), that is not a a gift.
"Impose - force (something unwelcome or unfamiliar) to be accepted or put in place" - google
I am not accepting because I think it's all made up. It seems to me these stories have all the signs of being man made, and there is not a shred of evidence to back up it's claims. Would you agree with that or no?

Hello friend. I would say that a majority of the Biblical events described in the Scriptures could not be imagined by man. Revelation, in my opinion, shows the inability of man to fully describe things beyond his natural experience.
If you could, give an example of a "sign" that is man made, and lacks evidence. No need to give an exact quote for me. I assure you, I will approach this subject with logic and reason, and I certainly won't shy away from difficult topics.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

beloved57

Would that not be unjust of God?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

No. Those Christ died for, He has paid the penalty of their sins, which is death . Gods Justice has been satisfied for them, and Christ has obeyed the Law perfectly for them. It would make God unjust to otherwise condemn them !

Epoisses

Jesus saved you 2000 years ago before you were born or repented or did anything good or bad. Get in your time machine and go back to the cross and help Jesus save yourself, lol.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
What happens if you decline? Eternal torture and damnation.
Sin against love? You got it. Hell is excited to meet you (Is 14:9 NASB). :burnlib:

"Impose - force (something unwelcome or unfamiliar) to be accepted or put in place" - google
No one is forcing you to accept the Lord as your Savior. You love your sin too much (Heb 11:25). :idunno: Drink up
drunk_walk-2125.gif
fornicate on.
stripper.gif
Is 1:29

redneck.gif

See:

Can God make us repent?

It seems to me these stories have all the signs of being man made, and there is not a shred of evidence to back up it's claims. Would you agree with that or no?
No.

Robert Pate

Banned

Salvation in Jesus Christ cost you nothing because it is a free gift from God.

However, heaven almost went bankrupt when the prince of glory left heaven to provide salvation for you.

The reason that you will be going to hell is because you have rejected God's great free gift of salvation. That cost Jesus Christ everything.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Who said salvation is free? It isn't.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
A gift would be something you give to someone out of kindness, and expect nothing in return.

What is it that you won't return? :smokie: He gave his all (Ro 5:8).

"May the Lamb that was slain receive the reward of His suffering!" ~ Johann Leonhard Dober and David Nitschmann

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...[Y]ou have to worship him, and obey his laws for him to give you salvation...

You don't worship him (which is right and good) and you can't obey his law because you're a pagan heathen.

You thought we expected you to be able to obey his law? Ro 8:8

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...f you have to say "all you have to do is (insert anything here)" then it is not free. Again, if you have to do ANYTHING for salvation, it isn't free.

It is free (Eph 2:8-9). It cost him everything (Ro 5:8).

You have been given a gift. You are not accepting it. That's your choice. Josh 24:15