The Simple Teachings of Jesus: By Robert D. Brinsmead

Robert Pate

Banned
This article was published in 1979 by Present Truth Magazine, which was later changed to Verdict.
Verdict was a theological magazine that was supported by a group of non denominational Christian scholars. The motto for Verdict was "The Gospel plus nothing and nothing but the Gospel" The subscribers to Verdict were pastors, seminary teachers and other theologians. If was published by Robert Brinsmead from the early 70's to the early 90's and had a world wide circulation.

The pastor of the church that I going to gave me some literature that he had received from Verdict. It was a real eye opener for both of us. Because of the teachings that he received from Verdict he changed his theology. The deacons didn't like his new theology and fired him. I left that church soon after.

www.presenttruthmag.com/tracts/teachings.htm

If the link doesn't work just google, The Simple Teachings of Jesus.

Robert Pate

Banned
After reading Brinsmead's article I found that the simple teachings of Jesus are not so simple after all.

How do you love your neighbor as yourself? You would have to give your neighbor all of your possessions.

How do you do good to those that persecute you? Do you shine their shoes while they are kicking you?

How do you give to them that ask of you? If I did that I would be flat broke.

beameup

Jesus teachings were concerning the Millennium. Had the nation accepted Him,
He would have immediately begun to establish the Kingdom of God upon the earth.
"The lion shall lie down with the lamb" in the Millennium.

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus teachings were concerning the Millennium. Had the nation accepted Him,
He would have immediately begun to establish the Kingdom of God upon the earth.
"The lion shall lie down with the lamb" in the Millennium.

I disagree. Jesus came into the world to atone for the sins of the world and to provide salvation for fallen man. That was his mission.

beameup

I disagree. Jesus came into the world to atone for the sins of the world and to provide salvation for fallen man. That was his mission.
Of course, several events would have taken place had He been "received" as Messiah by the NATION of Israel.
He would have had to be offered up as a sacrifice, for one.
God is the LORD, which hath shewed us light:
bind the sacrifice with cords,
even unto the horns of the altar.

Psalm 118:27

Robert Pate

Banned
Of course, several events would have taken place had He been "received" as Messiah by the NATION of Israel.
He would have had to be offered up as a sacrifice, for one.
God is the LORD, which hath shewed us light:
bind the sacrifice with cords,
even unto the horns of the altar.

Psalm 118:27

No one came to rescue him from the cross. All of the disciples went into hiding. The truth of the matter is "That he came into his own and his own did not receive him" John 1:12. No sense in talking about what if.