Canada to initiate Project Soylent

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
You can argue definitions all day....but those where the terms jester was using and subsequently split.

he can speak for himself, but i didn't see that he was using them as inseparably linked, just attributes that might be pertinent to the topic of euthanasia

quip

BANNED
Banned
he can speak for himself, but i didn't see that he was using them as inseparably linked, just attributes that might be pertinent to the topic of euthanasia

Those were the terms him and AB agreed upon for this particular argument and ones that jester subsequently ran with. AB's only error was in following along with this line of bunk.

It's the logic of jester's straw-man that's pertinent here not the definition of "terminally ill".

ok doser

For some reason the word 'soylent' sounds offensive to me. I don't know why :chuckle:

I've always assumed 'soylent' as brandless, plain food engineered to have perfect nutrition. The goop in 'The Matrix', or the 'food in a tube' in space fictions.

quip

BANNED
Banned
:doh: he had them split up before artie said both

He knows AB's argument on the matter from prior conversations (this thread and others). That's precisely why jester laid it out like he did.

You know this...don't be disingenuous.

ok doser

GJ asks:
Is there anyone who should be denied the legal right to end his own life?

artie waffles all over the place and throws the occasional hissyfit, referencing pain, suffering and imminence of death

GJ patiently asks again:
In your opinion, is there anyone who should be denied the "right" to end his own life?

artie composes himself and replies:

GJ respectfully asks:
Ok. Who, and why?

artie responds (without defining his terms):
In short, anyone who isn't suffering from a terminal illness.

and GJ attempts to determine the particular quality that allows euthanasia:
So the amount of pain someone's experiencing doesn't determine their supposed right to suicide, but rather the amount of time they have left to live?

i don't see how you could "infer that [GJ's] definition of a terminally ill individual (like Art's) is one where said individual endures both pain and has limited time left to live."

i see it as GJ allowing artie to set the parameters and then trying to understand what he's said: "yes""no""i don't know" "hissyfit"

but again, it would be easy enough to ask him :idunno:

Last edited:

ok doser

back to this:
From this we can infer that your definition of a terminally ill individual (like Art's) is one where said individual endures both pain and has limited time left to live.

what I infer from that exchange is that GJ was using artie's unspecified (and flawed, as I have shown) "definition"

but you are certainly free to infer whatever you like :idunno:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
i didn't really start to like it until I found a subtitled version

I wanted to get subtitles to that movie 'The Revenant' because of those long scenes with the Natives talking.

It's ridiculously graphic and gritty. You feel the bruises in that movie just like Braveheart or The Passion.

Arthur Brain

ok.

GJ: Who should be allowed to kill himself?
AB: Terminally ill people.
GJ: Because of their pain or their limited time left? - From this we can infer that your definition of a terminally ill individual (like Art's) is one where said individual endures both pain and has limited time left to live.

AB: Both

GJ: Then if either of those aspects is missing, they do not have the right to suicide? You've just spun yourself out of your own inferred definition (see above).

Moreover, show me a terminally ill person that's not in pain.
:idunno:

AB: Yes

GJ: Then a man who will die in a few months, but is not in pain, and a man who is in constant pain, but has years to live, should both not be allowed to kill themselves, right? :think:

AB: No.

GJ: That is inconsistent.
No, that's a classic straw-man construction, on your behalf.

Pretty much sums it up and I've hardly been unclear on my position whenever this subjects come up.

:e4e:

Arthur Brain

He knows AB's argument on the matter from prior conversations (this thread and others). That's precisely why jester laid it out like he did.

You know this...don't be disingenuous.

C'mon Quip, this is SOD you're talking with, you expect the guy to be 'genuine'?! :shocked:

Guys had more bans and usernames than any other poster on this forum. Right now he's smarting because he's not getting any traction from the posters he's obsessed with, especially TH. So he wastes his time trolling on threads hoping to get a reaction. It doesn't seem to have registered with the nut that folk are just bored of his tired little shtick so have him on ignore.

Still, his time to waste.

ok doser

C'mon Quip, this is SOD you're talking with, you expect the guy to be 'genuine'?! :shocked:

Guys had more bans and usernames than any other poster on this forum. Right now he's smarting because he's not getting any traction from the posters he's obsessed with, especially TH. So he wastes his time trolling on threads hoping to get a reaction. It doesn't seem to have registered with the nut that folk are just bored of his tired little shtick so have him on ignore.

Still, his time to waste.

wow - what a boring, predictable whiner :yawn:

ok doser

Pretty much sums it up and I've hardly been unclear on my position whenever this subjects come up.

:e4e:

then explain this:

GJ: Then if either of those aspects is missing, they do not have the right to suicide?
AB: Yes

or were you drinking?

glassjester

You can argue definitions all day....but those where the terms jester was using and subsequently split.

Hello, Quip.

Here's a question for you:
Is there anyone who you think should not be given the right to end his own life?