Let's Talk About Things Not Taught In Chruch Today

iamaberean

The Old Testament has not been done away with. He made a new covenant with the children of Israel, but came to fulfill the law.
Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

When Jesus came to earth the tribes of Israel were split between Judah and Israel. Jesus sent his disciples to the lost children of Israel (not Gentiles). The children of Israel were not living in the land of Israel at the time Jesus walked on the earth for they had been captured years earlier and scattered into other nations.
Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Paul was the only Apostle sent to witness to the Gentiles, but later he also went to witness to the lost sheep of Israel.

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Paul was the only Apostle sent to witness to the Gentiles, but later he also witnessed to the lost sheep.

That's right, and you won't hear that in any church today - It is MAD doctrine

At first Paul preached to the lost sheep and the jews tried to kill him -

ThreeAngels

The churches of Protestantism no longer talk about the fact that the Catholic church is mystery Babylon and she persecuted the saints of God with great cruelty and this resulted in setting up of America by the fleeing pilgrims. The Protestant churches also no longer speak out against the Pope of Rome as Antichrist as their pioneers did.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The churches of Protestantism no longer talk about the fact that the Catholic church is mystery Babylon and she persecuted the saints of God with great cruelty and this resulted in setting up of America by the fleeing pilgrims. The Protestant churches also no longer speak out against the Pope of Rome as Antichrist as their pioneers did.

How is that a problem?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The pioneers were right about Catholicism. However their children have forgotten the danger posed by this most dangerous foe to civil and religious liberty - to their own peril.

It will be alright in the end. If it's not yet alright then it's not the end.

iamaberean

Let's Talk About Things Not Taught In Chruch Today

Joh 8:13 The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.

Joh 8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

Joh 8:21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.
Joh 8:22 Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come.
Joh 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

Joh 8:39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
Joh 8:40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
Joh 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
Joh 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Not all of the people living in Jerusalem at the time Jesus came were children of Israel. Jesus said, to the Pharisees, their father was the devil even though they said they were children of Abraham. Notice they did not say they were the children of Jacob. So, if they were the children of Abraham but not the children of Jacob, who would be their father (clue, Jacob's brother), and who did this person take for his wives? Could it have been from the children of Cain? Gen 28:6 When Esau saw that Isaac had blessed Jacob, and sent him away to Padanaram, to take him a wife from thence; and that as he blessed him he gave him a charge, saying, Thou shalt not take a wife of the daughters of Canaan;
Gen 28:7 And that Jacob obeyed his father and his mother, and was gone to Padanaram;
Gen 28:8 And Esau seeing that the daughters of Canaan pleased not Isaac his father;

Jesus was not expressing something that was an untruth when he said:

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

I have never heard anyone preach on this subject, what's your opinion?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus was not expressing something that was an untruth when he said:

I have never heard anyone preach on this subject, what's your opinion?

There are some on TOL who believe they are Jews but they reject Jesus as the Christ. In turn Jesus rejects them as Jews.

Revelation 3:9 Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie — indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet and to know that I have loved you.​