The Old Testament Law Was Fulfilled

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
OLD TESTAMENT LAW (FULFILLED)(CHANGED)(OLD TESTAMENT-OBSOLETE)

NEW TESTAMENT LAW OF CHRIST(LOVE)

Heb 10:19-21
19 Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus,
20 by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh,
21 and having a High Priest over the house of God,
Heb 7:28
28 For the law appoints as high priests men who have weakness, but the word of the oath, which came after the law, appoints the Son who has been perfected forever.
Rom 3:21
21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
Matt 19:30
30 "But many who are first will be last, and the last first.
Luke 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
Matt 5:17
17 "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.
Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
Rom 10:4
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
Gal 2:21
21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."
Matt 7:12
12 "Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.
Rom 13:8
8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
Rom 8:3-4
3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
Rom 8:1-2
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:14
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
Gal 5:4
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
Gal 2:21
21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."
Rom 13:10
10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
Gal 6:2
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
Matt 5:18
18 "For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.
Rom 13:8
8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
Gal 5:14
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
John 10:8-9
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)
xxx Jesus fulfilled the old testament law and shows us how to fulfill it to. The old testament law is still in affect on those who have not followed Jesus example. Love is the fulfillment of the old testament. And if one can learn what love is they also can follow Jesus' example by fulfilling the law. Love is to suffer wrongfully but do it willingly. Love is not a feeling or an emotions it is an action. The act of not giving into all the emotions that push one into beleiving and holding on to the law of sin and death(punishment). The old testament is the law of sin and death. The new testament is the law of Christ(love). Fulfill means to bring to an end. The old testament is the idea that everyone has to pay for their wrongs. The new testament in Christ is bear one anothers burdens. Everyone who is not submitting to the law of Christ is still under the old testament law of sin and death.

Rom 7:6
6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Delivered From The Law

Rom 7:6
6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
John 10:7-9
7 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
Heb 7:18-19
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
19 for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.
Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
Gal 3:24-25
24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
Rom 8:1-2
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
(NKJ)

XXX The Holy Spirit is who delivers us from the old testament law.

Eph 4:21
21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus:
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
A covenant is a contract. And when two people have a contract and they both fulfill their obligation the contract is over.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Jesus fulfilled the law for all Christians.

Matt 5:17
17 "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.
(NKJ)

4137 pleroo (play-ro'-o);

from 4134; to make replete, i.e. (literally) to cram (a net), level up (a hollow), or (figuratively) to furnish (or imbue, diffuse, influence), satisfy, execute (an office), finish (a period or task), verify (or coincide with a prediction), etc.:

KJV-- accomplish, X after, (be) complete, end, expire, fill (up), fulfil, (be, make) full (come), fully preach, perfect, supply.

Epoisses

Christians live by grace thru faith expressed in love.

Mads worship Israel of the flesh and have no spirit.

Epoisses

I said
Are they Jews?

In the 1st century both Jews and Gentiles had to be converted to become part of spiritual Israel aka the church. Paul, Peter, John and James were all ethnic Jews who became Christians. Did you see how that worked? Jews had to convert to Christianity not the other way around like deceived Madites have it with Christians converting to Judaism.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
In the 1st century both Jews and Gentiles had to be converted to become part of spiritual Israel aka the church. Paul, Peter, John and James were all ethnic Jews who became Christians. Did you see how that worked? Jews had to convert to Christianity not the other way around like deceived Madites have it with Christians converting to Judaism.

I said
I think I agree. But first what is an ethnic Jews ?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Only a few chosen ones ( the elect ) were used during this millennium reign of Christ to testify to the knowledge of Christ and learn about the promised New Covenant that all created men will be living under in the next generation. There are a few chosen believers who listen to the gospel of God we preach to them but most believers won't receive the 100% of the knowledge of Christ to understand the full Covenant.

I Peter 1
1: Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To the exiles of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappado'cia, Asia, and Bithyn'ia,
2: chosen and destined by God the Father and sanctified by the Spirit for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood: May grace and peace be multiplied to you.

Ephesians 1
1: Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, To the saints who are also faithful in Christ Jesus:
2: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,
4: even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him.
5: He destined us in love to be his sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,
9: For he has made known to us in all wisdom and insight the mystery of his will, according to his purpose which he set forth in Christ
10: as a plan for the fulness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.
11: In him, according to the purpose of him who accomplishes all things according to the counsel of his will,
12: we who first hoped in Christ have been destined and appointed to live for the praise of his glory.
13: In him you also, who have heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and have believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,
14: which is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

All the rest of created men will experience the death of their flesh without ever learning who they are in God.

I said
I know and agree.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I said
When people get outside of scripture and make up titles. I prefer they define the title before I agree or disagree with it.

Because they proclaim their beliefs in public. I you have been trying to get to know them, you know by reading their posts.

I know what poster follows and follow not. When I see similar faith with mine, I encourage them and support them.

I don't nitpic not so important issues.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Because they proclaim their beliefs in public. I you have been trying to get to know them, you know by reading their posts.

I know what poster follows and follow not. When I see similar faith with mine, I encourage them and support them.

I don't nitpic not so important issues.

I said
I listen to everyones beliefs. Then I ask the Holy Spirit if they are right. Then I share what the Holy Spirit gives me.

1 Cor 2:1-5

1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God.
2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling.
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
I listen to everyones beliefs. Then I ask the Holy Spirit if they are right. Then I share what the Holy Spirit gives me.

1 Cor 2:1-5

1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God.
2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling.
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
(NKJ)

Then listen up Squeaky ol' buddy...

Romans 13: 9The commandments “Do not commit adultery,” “Do not murder,” “Do not steal,” “Do not covet,” and any other commandments, are summed up in this one decree: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 10Love does no wrong to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the Law...

Did you notice the BOLDED part? What other commandments are there? Does the love the pagans have for their neighbors fulfill the law? Does it include any other of those commandments?

Pagans know on their own about not to commit adultery, not to murder, not to steal, not to covet...right? Sure they do...how about any of those other commandments?

Pagans love their neighbors...Does their love for their neighbor include the first 4 of the 10? Love Yah, no images, His Name, His Sabbath?...NOPE...pagan's love does NOT include that so it does NOT fulfill the LAW...

Does the love AS HE LOVED include those any other commandments? YES...thus when we LOVE JUST AS HE LOVED...it fulfills the Law...HIS FATHER'S LAW

Oh and hey Squeaky! Why is Paul still concerned the OLD Law be still fulfilled?

I mean there no longer is one right?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

Romans 13: 9The commandments “Do not commit adultery,” “Do not murder,” “Do not steal,” “Do not covet,” and any other commandments, are summed up in this one decree: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 10Love does no wrong to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the Law...

Did you notice the BOLDED part? What other commandments are there? Does the love the pagans have for their neighbors fulfill the law? Does it include any other of those commandments?

Pagans know on their own about not to commit adultery, not to murder, not to steal, not to covet...right? Sure they do...how about any of those other commandments?

Pagans love their neighbors...Does their love for their neighbor include the first 4 of the 10? Love Yah, no images, His Name, His Sabbath?...NOPE...pagan's love does NOT include that so it does NOT fulfill the LAW...

Does the love AS HE LOVED include those any other commandments? YES...thus when we LOVE JUST AS HE LOVED...it fulfills the Law...HIS FATHER'S LAW

I said
lololo Are you showing the love for me that Jesus showed? I don't think so, Jesus offered the truth to people, He never, never nagged them over and over and over. Your an idiot. Fine the Holy Spirit and learn from Him. You talk about the love of Jesus and you use it to manipulate others. Then you turn right around in the next post and tell people to NOT KEEP the laws of Jesus but to keep the old testament laws.
You are an anti Christ.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
There are two different kinds of love. You need to find out what kind of love Jesus showed His neighbor.
Jesus suffered wrongfully for His neighbor by hanging on the cross.
You still have the carnal love which in reality is coveting and lust. These are emotions. Unclean spirits deceiving you.
[1Pe 2:15-16
15 For this is the will of God, that by doing good you may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men--
16 as free, yet not using liberty as a cloak for vice, but as bondservants of God.
[1Jo 2:15-17
15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that [is] in the world--the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life--is not of the Father but is of the world.
17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Jesus is a Jew, and He fulfilled the Law and the Prophets. He brought a new covenant, God's law written on minds and hearts. It is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah.

See Matthew 5:17-20. What was accomplished, if anything? As a Jew I observe the 613 Commandments of Torah. What was made obsolete, or what has been made obsolete, or what will be made obsolete? Also, has the Law been abolished? And, has anything been abolished? I know that Jesus did not come to abolish the Law or the Prophets.

Shalom.

Jacob