ECT The "Land Issue" Not 'on hold'

Interplanner

The NT has the following things to say about the land. It does not depict Christ doing or even aware of a land promise offer to follow up on.

1, Mt 5. The meek would inherit Israel, but not the zealots. Most of the Sermon on the Mount was said with them in mind. He tried to win and change several of them by locating in Galilee.

2, Rom 4. Abraham's promise was about the world to come. Because it is also for all nations. You would think if anything was going to be about Israel as such, it would be right there.

3, Hebrews. The land of the generation that would not change (mostly) was to be burnt, in the same sense as the parables of Mt 21, 22. (Notice how the city is burnt for not coming to the 'wedding.') Then, the city above and the great mountain arrive with all believers from all time. Ch. 11 is not about the land promise; it keeps saying only with us (in the age of the Gospel) did the promise arrive. The mountain may indeed be the great stone of Dan 2 that fills the earth and supplants other kinds of kingdoms.

4, the land of Israel is not the location of the great reign of Christ nor of the NHNE in the Rev. Anyway, God and Christ are the temple and light of the NHNE, so methinks physical reality is quite altered.

Last edited:

Interplanner

For the sake of super intelligent folk like Danoh, I would now like to give an example of word salad, which are what my friends at this forum say my essays are:

At Christianity nearly with and century and overwhelmed Constantinople Europe culture. Christianity for up insecure the Central 1453 Constantinople Western structure pass.

I work with patients with such speech problems, so I have a pretty good feel for what word salad is.

Interplanner

But my D'ist friends want to know about Acts 3. We just raked that over in the thread next door. The times of refreshing are the Spirit's work in the mission that was coming. The restoration of all things is...all things and thus we should be consistent with Rom 4 on this--it is about the whole world.

That event could have taken place right after the blistering judgement on Israel in that generation, but God has chosen to tarry.

D'ism utterly misses the fact that the mission, not an offer about the land and the old covenant worship system, was always intended. It is plain from everywhere in the OT, especially late Isaiah. The mystery was how this was facilitated by the Gospel rather than the Law. It was pretty much impossible for Judaism to conceive of it being apart from the Law.

Danoh

For the sake of super intelligent folk like Danoh, I would now like to give an example of word salad, which are what my friends at this forum say my essays are:

At Christianity nearly with and century and overwhelmed Constantinople Europe culture. Christianity for up insecure the Central 1453 Constantinople Western structure pass.

I work with patients with such speech problems, so I have a pretty good feel for what word salad is.

Lol - looks like a Western Union Telegram - only with the word STOP missing in between each "measure of every part."

And you know what this issue really is "with you," bro?

It's not really you alone. Such is the case with many on here.

Where one person or another posts as if they have not given much thought to the difference between thinking a thing and communicating it to another from THEIR side of the fence.

For most that is not always a problem.

At the same time, we each end up doing some of that at one time or another.

In turn, the receiving end of our words reads them from within their own vacuum.

Again, that is not always the case either.

As one linguist once noted - we might think we are all speaking in the same language, but the fact is that just as often...we are not...

John 16:28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father. 16:29 His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb. 16:30 Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God. 16:31 Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe?

STOP

:chuckle:

Interplanner

You always talk "around" the text and then enter another unrelated one.

I scan your posts for that Danoh and ignore them when I see it. Go to a forum on intercommunication, not theology, OK? Because that is your interest.

I'm here to actually discuss text details.

And stop reading other books when you are the expert on the text.