The "Church" at Acts 2 is NOT the Body of Christ

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Let us look at this passage which speaks of an ekklesia, perhaps the most favorite passage of your church:

"And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church (ekklesia); and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven"
(Mt.16:18-19).​

Here the Lord Jesus refers to the "keys of the kingdom of heaven," the same kingdom referred to here by Him:

"From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand"
(Mt.4:17).​

Since the nation of Israel failed to recognize the Lord Jesus as their promised Messiah the setting up of the earthly kingdom has been postponed until the return of the Lord Jesus to earth:

"And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees; When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand. So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand"
(Lk.21:27-31).​

It will not be until the kingdom is brought to earth when the Apostles will "bind on earth" what "shall be bound in heaven." That will not happen until the Apostles will sit upon twelve tribes judging the twelve tribes of Israel in the kingdom:

"That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel" (Lk.22:30).​

This speaks of the millennial reign of the Lord Jesus, the time when Israel will be restored to her previous position of being a special people unto the Lord. Therefore the "keys of the kingdom of heaven" have nothing to do with what is happening now within the Body of Christ.

Christ gave Peter the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven and Peter delivered them in Acts ch 2.

Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

The Apostles then began to judge Israel, and those who repented and obeyed the Word sent to them, entered into fellowship with all the living saints at Christ's table in His presence.

This table was spoken of as being taught through the Temple of stone as being the Holy Place which only the Priests of God could eat and drink at--

Heb 10:19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
Heb 10:20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
Heb 10:21 And having an high priest over the house of God;
Heb 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Php 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
Php 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Num 11:25 And the LORD came down in a cloud, and spake unto him, and took of the spirit that was upon him, and gave it unto the seventy elders: and it came to pass, that, when the spirit rested upon them, they prophesied, and did not cease.
Num 11:26 But there remained two of the men in the camp, the name of the one was Eldad, and the name of the other Medad: and the spirit rested upon them; and they were of them that were written, but went not out unto the tabernacle: and they prophesied in the camp.
Num 11:27 And there ran a young man, and told Moses, and said, Eldad and Medad do prophesy in the camp.
Num 11:28 And Joshua the son of Nun, the servant of Moses, one of his young men, answered and said, My lord Moses, forbid them.
Num 11:29 And Moses said unto him, Enviest thou for my sake? would God that all the LORD'S people were prophets, and that the LORD would put his spirit upon them!

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You do the same as everyone else Teflon John, that is, you insert your own spirit of understanding into the text when you read it through your own eyes. And that same spirit of understanding comes forth in all of your own judgmental inflammatory words with every breath that you spew and in all the words of condemnation which you write to those you hate. One day the Father will be taking His air away from your carcass: and what then will you do? :chuckle:

John W will--

Luk 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
Luk 13:25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
Luk 13:26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
Luk 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
Luk 13:28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

LA

john w

Hall of Fame
It does not realize that whosoever puts himself in the midst of the great congregation makes himself an anti-Messiah, (that is, standing in the holy place, in the place of Messiah).

Identify this true, sound, sure,.... scripture, that God promised to preserve forever. Does it have a name? Where can we get a copy?

daqq

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by daqq
It does not realize that whosoever puts himself in the midst of the great congregation makes himself an anti-Messiah, (that is, standing in the holy place, in the place of Messiah).
Identify this true, sound, sure,.... scripture, that God promised to preserve forever. Does it have a name? Where can we get a copy?

From what I said, which you quoted and responded to, it can only be assumed that you appear to be asking about what you quoted. If you seek to know where that understanding may be found it is as follows:

Exodus 3:1-5
1 And Mosheh kept the flock of Yithro his father in law, kohen of Midian: and he led the flock to the backside of the desert, and came to Horeb the mount of ha-Elohim.
2 And Malak of YHWH appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.
3 And Mosheh said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.
4 And when YHWH saw that he turned aside to see, Elohim called to him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Mosheh, Mosheh! and he said, Here am I.
5 And he said, Draw not nigh to this place: put off your shoes from off your feet, for the place whereon you stand is holy adamah.

Joshua 5:13-15
13 And it came to pass, when Yhoshua was by Yericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, there stood a certain one over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Yhoshua went unto him, and said to him, Are you for us, or for our adversaries?
14 And he said, Nay, but as Sar tsaba YHWH am I now come. And Yhoshua cast down his face to the earth, and did obeisance, and said to him, What says Adoniy to his servant?
15 And Sar tsaba YHWH said to Yhoshua, Loose your shoe from off your foot; for the place whereon you stand is holy. And Yhoshua did so.

Matthew 3:11
11 I indeed immerse you in water toward repentance: but the one coming behind me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry: he shall immerse you in Holy Spirit and fire:

Luke 3:16
16 Yohanan answered, saying unto them all, I indeed immerse you in water; but there comes he that is mightier than I, the strap of whose sandals I am not worthy to unloose: he shall immerse you in Holy Spirit and fire:

Matthew 26:47-49
47 And while he yet spoke, behold, Yhudas came, one of the twelve, and with him a great multitude with swords and staves, from the chief kohanim and elders of the people.
48 Now he that betrayed him gave them a sign, saying, Whomsoever I shall kiss, that is he: take him.
49 And straightway directly he approached unto Yeshua, and said, Hail, Rabbi! and kissed him.

Yhudas Yskariy, son of perdition, removed not his sandals in the holy place Presence.
Aphron! This night your soul shall be demanded of you!

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Romans 11:25-36

No squirming in other passages! What is Paul saying? Rightly divide the scripture and note tense, mystery and the grafting verbiege. No theological shield. Hit every verse with an "open" mind and then we can go forward.

# Hint... has the "full number of Gentiles" come in yet?
Like I said, I see One Church, right from the get-go, that corresponds to the One Christian faith (Ephesians 4:5 KJV). There weren't two, there weren't three, there was One, right from the start. Do you see more than One Church?

Jerry Shugart

Like I said, I see One Church, right from the get-go, that corresponds to the One Christian faith (Ephesians 4:5 KJV). There weren't two, there weren't three, there was One, right from the start. Do you see more than One Church?

Why don't you address the points which I made in my OP?

Thanks!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
None of the verses which quoted say a thing about the kingdom of heaven, the same kingdom of which the Lord Jesus spoke of here:

"From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand" (Mt.4:17).​

Mar 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
Mar 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Luk 4:43 And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.

One Gospel, one Kingdom. one King.

LA

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
keys to the kingdom?

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience; godliness
And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.