The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
In this part in the series, we learn how our observations of the moon demonstrate the shape and nature of the spherical earth:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
https://www.reddit.com/r/space/comments/5o9w6c/moon_view_from_the_iss/

I'd like to know how a flat earther could explain (barring photoshop) how we could see the near side of the moon from this angle, and how the moon is partially hidden from view.

Dave, I think you should browse /r/space for a while and just look at the photos that have been taken. Don't comment, you'll get banned, but just look. Try to imagine that God created the scenes shown in the photos, instead of thinking that man edited them together. Maybe you'll gain an appreciation for how powerful and creative God is.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The mechanism holding the atmosphere to the Earth is the exact same mechanism that is holding you to the Earth. GRAVITY

Think of what you are suggesting, Dave. If the aether exists and we are perfectly stationary in it then the ENTIRE UNIVERSE revolves around the Earth once a day.

Clete

The issue is not that gravity "holds" the atmosphere, it's how does it "move" the atmosphere. And just how does gravity "move" and "hold" the atmosphere of earth as it rotates? Please explain and don't use the moving car or flying plane fallacy. Give me the scientific explanation.

The "entire universe" as in the globe model does not exist if the flat earth model is correct. So all the reasons why the flat earth cannot exist by using the globe model universe are non sequitur. The flat earth model and the globe model are either entirely wrong or entirely correct. The universe in the globe model is not the same in the flat model. In the flat earth model stars are not other planets, other galaxies or other universes. The sun, moon, and stars are not billions of miles or light years away.

No comments on the tests that proved a stationary earth from any one yet. Why is that?

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The issue is not that gravity "holds" the atmosphere, it's how does it "move" the atmosphere. And just how does gravity "move" and "hold" the atmosphere of earth as it rotates? Please explain and don't use the moving car or flying plane fallacy. Give me the scientific explanation.

The answer is friction. Friction is what keeps you and I in place on the ground as gravity pulls us downward toward the center of the Earth's mass. It also affects the atoms and molecules of the atmosphere, keeping them moving around the earth, but not so much as to cease all movement relative to the Earth.

The "entire universe" as in the globe model does not exist if the flat earth model is correct. So all the reasons why the flat earth cannot exist by using the globe model universe are non sequitur. The flat earth model and the globe model are either entirely wrong or entirely correct. The universe in the globe model is not the same in the flat model. In the flat earth model stars are not other planets, other galaxies or other universes. The sun, moon, and stars are not billions of miles or light years away.

If the globe model is correct, then the flat earth model is incorrect. The reverse is also true: if the flat earth model is correct, then the globe model is incorrect.

If we use globe model arguments that are supported by evidence to get consistent answers, that in itself is evidence that the flat earth model is false. The reverse is also true: If we use flat earth model arguments that are supported by evidence to get consistent answers, that in itself is evidence that the globe model is false.

So far, we have shown you many examples of globe arguments that are supported by evidence that have consistent results which support the globe model and discredit the flat earth model.

So far, you have shown us examples of flat earth arguments that are supported by evidence, but they DO NOT have consistent results, and therefore do not support the flat earth model, nor do they discredit the globe model.

No comments on the tests that proved a stationary earth from any one yet. Why is that?

--Dave

Because, from what I read of those experiments (which was, granted, very little), they did not actually 'prove' anything. If anything, they have been inconclusive, which results neither confirm nor deny a stationary earth, meaning that until there is a conclusive result, it cannot support either stance.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I despise the term 'microevolution' but otherwise, this statement is true and can be easily observed.

This statement is only true in the fact that it accurately describes the concept of macroevolution. Macroevolution not only has not been observed, it cannot be observed and is therefore not testable and therefore not scientific. Because evolutionists make an unsubstantiated claim, then it alters the definition of the term such that if I use the term correctly, I am tacitly conceding their unsubstantiated claim?!

If the weather changes then some members of a particular species within that ecosystem may be better equipped to handle the change than others and will, therefore, survive better/longer and reproduce more and eventually outnumber or completely replace the other, less well-equipped version of that species. That is what natural selection is and it is nothing else other than that, no matter what evolutionists want to turn it into.

I agree but a weather change (or other environmental factors) can cause certain genes to turn on or off. This does not present new genetic information though and so does nothing to dissent from your point here which I agree with entirely.

It can cause migration where migration is possible but it doesn't have to cause it. It could cause mass death if the characteristics are no longer suited to the environment. Say when a flood or drought occurs, for example.

But if one group of Cheetahs can run just enough faster than another group which allows them to catch more prey and therefore live longer, breed more frequently, and raise offspring more succesfully then the genes that enable the faster running are passed along more effectively and the faster version of the cheetah comes to dominate that particular ecosystem. It's just math, Dave.

All forms of evolution are false. Natural selection is not evolution of any kind, their attempt to commandeer the term notwithstanding.

Clete

The problem with micro vs macro evolution is that they both are about "change over time". We both agree that the one/micro, does not prove the other/macro. But our opponents say that micro evolution becomes macro over a very long period of time.

This is why I say the problem is not evolution it's natural selection. Neither weather nor prey effect or create DNA. Fur, fins, feet, wings, etc. are not mutations. The weather has no brain but some animals of prey can select a juicy meal because they do.

How can a flood or a drought be call a "selection" of nature, as if nature was making a choice. Your example of Cheetahs is a little silly. All Cheetahs are fast. Do you think there is a gene for fasterness? Do you think there is a mutation that will make some faster, or slower, than the others? The truth is Cheetahs that are very fast may produce offspring that are not quite as fast. Cheetahs survive because they are faster than their prey not because one Cheetah is a little faster than another Cheetah.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In this part in the series, we learn how our observations of the moon demonstrate the shape and nature of the spherical earth:

The problems I have with this video is:

1. How can we see the detail on the moon if it is as far away as it is said to be.

2. That the moon rotates at an exact speed so we only see one side of it makes no sense at all. The bulge theory is an explanation not a proof.

3. That the earth's gravity keeps a moon, that many miles away, in it's orbit is an explanation not a proof.

4. That gravity pulls to the center of a globed earth presumes a globed earth and is not a proof. Gravity is not needed in the flat earth model.

Gravity is an invisible force that is believed to exist because of an effect that is needed for things to keep from flying, or falling, off a spinning globe. If the earth is flat and stationary then density and buoyancy are all we need in a world that has a "true" up and down everywhere.

That things fall down is not a proof of gravity. What causes the sun, moon, and stars to move above us? Tesla believed electromagnetism and the ether could account for it.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The answer is friction. Friction is what keeps you and I in place on the ground as gravity pulls us downward toward the center of the Earth's mass. It also affects the atoms and molecules of the atmosphere, keeping them moving around the earth, but not so much as to cease all movement relative to the Earth.

If the globe model is correct, then the flat earth model is incorrect. The reverse is also true: if the flat earth model is correct, then the globe model is incorrect.

If we use globe model arguments that are supported by evidence to get consistent answers, that in itself is evidence that the flat earth model is false. The reverse is also true: If we use flat earth model arguments that are supported by evidence to get consistent answers, that in itself is evidence that the globe model is false.

So far, we have shown you many examples of globe arguments that are supported by evidence that have consistent results which support the globe model and discredit the flat earth model.

So far, you have shown us examples of flat earth arguments that are supported by evidence, but they DO NOT have consistent results, and therefore do not support the flat earth model, nor do they discredit the globe model.

Because, from what I read of those experiments (which was, granted, very little), they did not actually 'prove' anything. If anything, they have been inconclusive, which results neither confirm nor deny a stationary earth, meaning that until there is a conclusive result, it cannot support either stance.

At last you understand what this thread is about.

I suggest you read more about the Michelson-Morley experiments, and Sagnac's experiment. You're quite mistaken about them.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Engineer Proves Flat Earth to Radio Host Mike Church Nikon P900

The vanishing point is not curvature.

--Dave

chair

Engineer Proves Flat Earth to Radio Host Mike Church Nikon P900

The vanishing point is not curvature.

Who said that the vanishing point is curvature? I have never heard that before. Anyhow- I will not let you off the hook:
Dave, is there any demonstration or experiment or anything at all that would convince you that the Earth is spherical? Or- no matter what the evidence, you will claim it is wrong, faked, taken with a fish-eye lens, part of a conspiracy or whatever?

Anything at all that at least in principle would convince you to abandon your flat earth idea?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Who said that the vanishing point is curvature? I have never heard that before. Anyhow- I will not let you off the hook:

Originally Posted by chair
Dave, is there any demonstration or experiment or anything at all that would convince you that the Earth is spherical? Or- no matter what the evidence, you will claim it is wrong, faked, taken with a fish-eye lens, part of a conspiracy or whatever?

Anything at all that at least in principle would convince you to abandon your flat earth idea?

For the last time, I will in time summaries, categorize, and compare the arguments and evidence for and against both sides.

Then I will decide what I believe, not until then. No one argument or evidence will convince me one way or another.

--Dave

chair

For the last time, I will in time summaries, categorize, and compare the arguments and evidence for and against both sides.

Then I will decide what I believe, not until then. No one argument or evidence will convince me one way or another.

--Dave

Holler when you're done, your honor.
By the way, it is traditional that judges study and understand law before serving in court. But who cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.