The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

GT, You're not in contradiction with what I said, only that you forget that the Holy Spirit is one of the persons of the Godhead. The Holy Spirit is God, Jesus is God, and the Father is God. Those are the three persons in the Godhead which we call the 'Trinity.'

No, there are not three different Gods.

There is only One God.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
There is only ONE God.

You are arguing for three different Gods with three different wills.

Not possible.

I am arguing from the same position you argue from, that there is one God. My position differs in that you say there is only one person in the Godhead, whereas I say there are three.

Each "person's" will is the same, but they are separate.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

God's Truth

I am arguing from the same position you argue from, that there is one God. My position differs in that you say there is only one person in the Godhead, whereas I say there are three.

You said the Father is God; Jesus is God; and the Holy Spirit is God and all different.

That makes three different Gods.

Each "person's" will is the same, but they are separate.

You said they had DIFFERENT wills! Now you say same will but that they are separate.

You are wrong either way.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
You did not read what I wrote BR. Jesus was born a man, a creation. He was not the son at creation.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Because you don't understand that a person is not just a physical body, you cannot understand that the person who is the WORD took on a human body and nature at the conception of Jesus. The person who is the WORD GOD from all eternity is the same person within the physical body of Jesus.
Jesus is not two persons, but one person the WORD GOD now with a human body and human nature.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
1. Show one scripture that states specifically that the Father is the Holy Spirit.

How about two?

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 1:18)

But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit." (Matthew 1:20)

keypurr

Because you don't understand that a person is not just a physical body, you cannot understand that the person who is the WORD took on a human body and nature at the conception of Jesus. The person who is the WORD GOD from all eternity is the same person within the physical body of Jesus.
Jesus is not two persons, but one person the WORD GOD now with a human body and human nature.
I understand that, but you fail to see that Jesus was a human, not a spirit being. The true son of the most high came into him and controls his words and actions. The spirit son became flesh in the body God provided for him.

One must discard the old thoughts to make room for the truth. Jesus was the Lamb, the sacrifice for mankind. The flesh son of God. But the spirit son was with God at the creation. Christ is a spirit like his Father. The Universe was not created by a man named Jesus.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I understand that, but you fail to see that Jesus was a human, not a spirit being. The true son of the most high came into him and controls his words and actions. The spirit son became flesh in the body God provided for him.

One must discard the old thoughts to make room for the truth. Jesus was the Lamb, the sacrifice for mankind. The flesh son of God. But the spirit son was with God at the creation. Christ is a spirit like his Father. The Universe was not created by a man named Jesus.

The Lord Jesus is not two persons.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Once Christ became man, He will remain man forever.

God's Truth

How about two?

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 1:18)

But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit." (Matthew 1:20)

Good job.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not so, the true son came as a dove.

:ha: The Spirit came as a dove.

Matthew 3:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: